Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220831 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 57: HAHA HOLY SNAP IT'S ALIVE AGAIN AGAIN
« Reply #1215 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:16 am »

Ochita shrugged, but caught a small glimse of a paper before Zack had snatched it into his bag. "Huh.. that looks almost like the neverwas, or at least the entrance to it. Zach, just what is going on?" Ochita figets, and saw Bradley fly out. "I'll just.. Make sure that bradley doesn't get into too much trouble."

Follow bradley!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 19, 2012, 09:04:38 am »

Joe: Follow Zach.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32:21 am »

Just putting a little note here for myself as a temporary changelog for the system. Actual turn a bit later:

Characters
-Now with levels, XP and level up options! :P
-D&D stats intact, don't worry about them, balanced them a bit from LQ
-Everyone's abilities have been nerfed juuust a bit. Sorry to anyone who liked being way overpowered :P
-Star Boon has been reduced to only +2 HP/MP. Bradley having almost twice the HP of Zach was just silly.
-Everyone's got an element now. Updated and rebalanced the element chart:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall game mechanics

-We now have a turn-by-turn, non-crappy map. May split it up or spoiler if it gets too crazy.
-The game now works on a grid system. Whoa, right? I'll be putting the touches on - and explaining it - later. Suffice to say though that, in combat, you can only move up to your Move stat each turn and any attacks with "range" can only target things that many spaces away.
-Enemies now give XP (and sometimes coins and other small loot!)
-Moved to 2d10 instead of D6 (or even d20). I'll explain why in a bit. General premise will stay the same, but with a bit less outright unfair randomness to every single thing.

Story stuff

-Focus back on the main characters, geez. This is your story. Also, back to the adventure instead of poorly placed plot hooks. No, Zach doesn't get plot armor.

Probably more I'm forgetting... hmm. Gotta go to school now though.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 19, 2012, 09:56:33 am »

Would this happen to be the pont where more people could join the waitlist?

I mean, you're not starting over, right? People are succeptible to extremely unlikely and sudden death, right?

RIGHT?!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 19, 2012, 10:22:57 am »

Would this happen to be the point where more people could immediately jump in?

I mean, you're not starting over, right? People are susceptible to extremely unlikely and sudden death, right?

RIGHT?!

You should let me sign up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 19, 2012, 11:01:59 am »

((Er... isn't 9120 hours just a bit over a year?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 19, 2012, 11:07:49 am »

((It was a long time ago. It didn't happen recently.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 19, 2012, 11:08:36 am »

((Gotcha.  I should probably go reread at some point and get unlost.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 58: Ghastly Guys Generate Gruesome Grievances
« Reply #1223 on: September 19, 2012, 11:38:52 am »

((Gotcha.  I should probably go reread at some point and get unlost.))

Don't worry, it's only been implied up until now. I'll get to that later, or Zach himself can exposit :D

Would this happen to be the pont where more people could join the waitlist?

Yes. Join the waitlist. But it tends to be slow.

Would this happen to be the point where more people could immediately jump in?

No. Join the waitlist. But it tends to be slow.

Also, I think Dwarm forgot to make an action. Oh well :P

Turn 58
Weather: Morning sunbeams with a 20% chance of watery death.
Time: Early morning
Light: Yes.

Ochita shrugged, but caught a small glimse of a paper before Zack had snatched it into his bag. "Huh.. that looks almost like the neverwas, or at least the entrance to it. Zach, just what is going on?" Ochita figets, and saw Bradley fly out. "I'll just.. Make sure that bradley doesn't get into too much trouble."

Follow bradley!

Bradley headed out back to the section and noticed a pile of rubble. Maybe there was something underneath? (Roll: 8+1+1 INT) He looked at it from every side but could only see a few small openings. And he probably wasn't strong enough to lift any of the large rocks.

Ochita followed Bradley into the intersection as Zach and Joe headed back outside.

Grab all the papers and search the room for anything else that might help. Then get the hell out of dodge to the outside.

Meanwhile, Zach and Joe headed into a grassy area. Although most of the walls looked earthen on the inside of the castle, the outside was still plated with the icy crystal substance that made it look so frozen in the first place.

Just as two noticed that there was a hefty water-jump to make to get to the next grassy outcropping, a set of three sinister-looking GHASTLY GUYS materialized right across from them! Zach felt a little Deja Vu but shrugged it off.

((:P))

INITIATIVE ROOOOLL!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The Ghast Guys bobbed up and down in the air like Bradley occasionally did. One of them started preparing an attack.

Meanwhile, back in the writing room...

Oomph let out a disappointing sigh, turning and smashing his club into a low flying baby Keese instead. It let out a tinny squeak and poofed into green smoke.

The baby Keese dropped a heart! But when Oomph touched the heart, it disappeared. He was already at full health. Accursed game mechanics!

Spoiler: Zachary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bradley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (click to show/hide)

((GM note: Still fiddling with the statsheets. Haven't gotten all the items and skills and such on there. May be a few turns until they're completely workable, but the basic stats should all be final now.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:31:51 pm by freeformschooler »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 58: Ghastly Guys Generate Gruesome Grievances
« Reply #1224 on: September 19, 2012, 12:05:15 pm »

((I'm gonna read up on this while I wait for a time and place for me to be dropped into the game.

Oh, and here:))

Spoiler: The Guy. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:23:17 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 58: Ghastly Guys Generate Gruesome Grievances
« Reply #1225 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:23 pm »

Oomph hurried to join his friends-he decided Ochita, being squishy, would enjoy some protection.

He began chanting, "Magicae Crusta Acquisitis! Protege fragilis Ochita! Mea Braccae sunt ardet!"

Action: Join the initiative! Cast Protect I on Ochita!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 19, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »

Ochita looked confused as Oomph started to chant, before he realised that oh GOD monsters!

Run into the grass room! (1 N, NW, NE)

If that move works.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 19, 2012, 01:16:49 pm »

I love GSF's character  :P

Also, I'm just going to go ahead and say: since we're now moving to the much less constrained system (many more options), I'm not going to impose as much of a limit on race selection anymore. You're free to choose whatever Mario-series race you want as long as isn't ridiculous (Hooktail OC stand-in? NOPE.) or too gimpy (Cheep-cheep Hero to the rescue?)

Ochita looked confused as Oomph started to chant, before he realised that oh GOD monsters!

Run into the grass room! (1 N, NW, NE)

If that move works.

Up until I put you on the initiative list for a battle you're considered out of combat and can move wherever you want. But enter the combat zone and it's ON. I really gotta edit the OP now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »

(Question about EEEK! before I do anything: If I move next to a monster, does it require the roll? Or is it only if a monster moves next to Bradley?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 122