Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220876 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 46: Library With a Hole
« Reply #1020 on: December 17, 2011, 10:44:02 am »

Turn 46

Time: Evening
Weather: Shadowy
Light: Faint

Turn Actions

Oomph: Taunt Zachary.

"Zach-ach-ackry! You must run past NNNGUH-rocks eventually. They are made of rocks, and will live much longer than you, so you cannot wait for them to die." Oomph hopped from side to side as he taunted Zach.

He noticed that Amadeus was low on health. He waved his club around a bit. Amadeus was surrounded by a warm green light. The fiery person-podoboo healed two damage.

Amadeus: Also taunt Zachary.

Amadeus flexed his fire-muscles at Zachary as Oomph healed him. "Zach too scared! Can't cross bridge!"

Turns out he could speak after all.

Zachary: Find Joe.

Zach rolled his eyes at the mockings from his teammates.

"You do realize that I have taken a lot worse from my STUDENTS than what you are doing right now, right? Kinda pathetic, really." He waved them on. Bradley looked down at his key.

Zach decided he might just have to go for it. He took a running start, and... stopped just short of the first Thwomp. He turned around and looked back at the way he came in.

"Hey, did anyone see where Joe went to? I think I'm going to go look for him before I continue on."

Bradley nodded. "T-that's a good idea. We'll continue on this way." He put on his mask and reached for the door.

Zach headed back around the twisty, dark passageway and into the entrance hallway.

Joe: TACTICAL RETREAT.

"Aaaaaaaaaa!" Joe lifted his greatsword into the air and ran like crazy into the entrance hallway. Without realizing it, he accidentally collided with Zach, knocking them both onto the floor. Zach pushed Joe off, picked up his shades and stood up.

"You alright, man? You're bleeding like crazy."

"No! I mean, yes. I mean, look behind you!" Joe attempted to stand up.

Zach turned around. Behind him was the same Shy Guy chef, surrounded by a purple-black aura of increasing intensity.

Bradley: Open the door.

Bradley turned the handle on the door behind the trio. It opened with no effort required. He floated inside, not waiting on his other teammates.

Beyond the door was a grand library filled with shelves and shelves of ancient, dusty books. There was enough space across the stone floor to hold several families. Some of the books looked like the kind you could find in the Mushroom Kingdom proper, but others were bound hastily, as if to say, "the REAL information want is in here".

Bradley looked down. In the center of the floor there was a pitch black hole. He floated above it for a moment. He could see white dots moving around far, far below. He thought about it for a moment and realized that it looked a lot like the black gashes in reality from the Piranha Forest.

Enemy List

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amadeus (Firelordsky) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

Joe and Zach prepare to finish off the shadowy Shy Guy chef. Meanwhile, Bradley discovers the next room. What secrets lie within?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:26:08 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 46: Library With a Hole
« Reply #1021 on: December 17, 2011, 12:32:19 pm »

"Little Fireball can talk!? Oomph surprised, or impressed. What name anyway?

Also, good taunting. Five points for technique. Plus five points for it being Zach...ack..ackary zach."

Oomph conversed with a fellow blockhead merrily as they walked to the library.

He sighed. The sight of the literature. His only book was the Healing Tome, and even that was rated for Eggborns 3 years and younger. Who could have known that the lives of Oomphs teammates were depending on a Healing TOme called "Baby Yoshi Heals the Friendly Fuzzy"?

"Erm, Oomph does not read on regular basis...will leave big wordy tomes to nerdy ghosts with cute little fangs. If there is one around.

Also, talking Fireball should be careful. Books don't like fire. Fire is like water to books, as water is to fire without books. Also Books don't like water either."

Action: Oomph looks for the easy reading koopa-kid section of the library. Maybe he can find a sequel to his healing tome!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 17, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »

"Oh shit, I see it. Run for it Joe, I'll try to stall it and be right behind you!" Zachary said as he readied his sword for one on one combat.

"Time to see if I still got it..."

Pull Joe to his feet and get between him and the corrupted chef, and POWERSTRIKE this creature of darkness!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:25:00 pm by Zako »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 17, 2011, 01:56:27 pm »

"Oh shit, I see it. Run for it Joe, I'll try to stall it and be right behind you!" Zachary said as he readied his sword for one on one combat.

"Time to see if I still got it..."

Pull Joe to his feet and get between him and the corrupted chef, and ATTACK!

(Damn my lack of MP! I have a perfectly fine ability right there that could really come in handy right now, and I cant use it!)

I am kissing your feet from miles away for pointing that out. I had accidentally copied your PS from Oomph's. You can use PS since it's a 3-turn cooldown for you.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 17, 2011, 02:24:03 pm »

Joe: OH GOD OH GOD RUN LIKE HELL
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 17, 2011, 06:39:25 pm »

Bradley raised an eyebrow at Oomph. Of course, this was hidden by the shyguy mask he had put on. "C-cute? Er, um, um... Oomph, I d-don't know how to b-break it t-t-to you, b-but just b-because I st-stutter a lot doesn't m-mean I'm, um, you know..." he said, trying to let the Koopa down gently.

Get the hell away from that hole in the middle of the library and sort through the more impressive-looking books for any sort of information on what that hole actually is.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 17, 2011, 10:24:13 pm »

Oh cool! Thanks! Changing my action now! Hopefully I can now smash this thing in one go...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 20, 2011, 09:28:31 am »

Oookay Firelord hasn't been on for days but he's a pretty consistent guy so I may just go ahead and auto him today or tomorrow to get this started.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 47: Zachary the Destroyer
« Reply #1028 on: December 23, 2011, 11:36:14 am »

Turn 47

Time: Evening
Weather: Shadowy
Light: Faint

Turn Actions

Bradley: Get the hell away from that hole in the middle of the library and sort through the more impressive-looking books.

Bradley lingered for a moment, then floated away from the hole in the middle of the library. It wasn't a large hole, but it was big enough to fall into. He wondered... if he went in, couldn't he just pull Ochita and Taric back out? Maybe not.

He floated towards the hastily-bound books, pondering the situation. Why were there rips in space in the middle of a resort? Why did they only appear in the locations that the Heroes headed to complete quests at? He sorted through the old, torn books for a moment, noticing that most of them had neither names nor author signatures. Every one seemed to be some kind of staff diary from various Shy Guys.

He noticed one lone book on the lowest shelf. Dust covered it, and it was bound in purple leather. Only royalty had access to the materials and processes required to dye things purple. On the front of the book, there was nothing. But the first page said:

"The Origin Story
By Princess Toadstool I"

A book written by the first princess of the Mushroom Kingdom!? In a library in the middle of a resort? Bradley nearly shrieked. He quickly flipped to the next page, but was disappointed to find that the book was mostly written in gibberish. Perhaps it was some kind of encoding. Hm... he should probably ask Zach.

Oomph: Follow cute-fang ghost.

"Little Fireball can talk!? Oomph surprised, or impressed. What name anyway? Also, good taunting. Five points for technique. Plus five points for it being Zach... ack... ackary zach.""

Amadeus said nothing at that moment. Oomph knew it was a good idea to bring along an extra crew member after Fuzz disappeared. After all, this one ended up being a little like him!

The two walked into the one-room library. At least, it looked like a library. Oomph nearly walked straight into the hole, but noticed it and stopped short. He eyeballed the rest of the library, looking for the easy reading section.

"Erm, Oomph does not read on regular basis... will leave big wordy tomes to nerdy ghosts with cute little fangs. If there is one around." He looked around for a moment and spotted some children's tomes. Walking over to them, he called out to Amadeus. "Also, talking fireball should be careful. Books don't like fire. Fire is like water to books, as water is to fire without books. Also, books don't like water either."

Bradley raised an eyebrow at Oomph. Of course, this was hidden by the shyguy mask he had put on. "C-cute? Er, um, um... Oomph, I d-don't know how to b-break it t-t-to you, b-but just b-because I st-stutter a lot doesn't m-mean I'm, um, you know..." The Author rages from afar, unable to make a hilarious Oomph reaction face due to lacking a tablet.

Oomph shuffled through the shelf of children's tomes and spellbooks. Very Hungry Wiggler, Sleep Tight Little Fuzzy, Yoshi's Playhouse... No, none of these were spellbooks. He had nearly given when he saw just the book he wanted. It must have been in the wrong section, because it didn't look look like a children's book.

White Wizard's Handbook. Oomph picked it up and read through it. To his surprise, he could read a little more easily than he remembered being able to. The book was filled with diagrams and excerpts from the finest clerics in history. He pocketed it.

Zachary: Find Joe.

"Oh shit, I see it. Run for it Joe, I'll try to stall it and be right behind you!" Zach swung his sword around his chest in preparation. The battle was on.

In front of Zach, the Shy Guy chef made a menacing pose. Zach fueled his raw energy into the bronze blade.

"Time to see if I've still got it." Zach, to his great surprise, did indeed still have it. He jumped several feet in the air and came crashing down with an energized strike on the Shy Guy! The Shy Guy was ripped in twain!

For a moment, its two halves lied motionless on the cold crystal floor. But a dark aura quickly consumed the body. Nothing was left. Interesting, Zach thought.

Joe: OH GOD OH GOD RUN LIKE HELL.

Joe ran to the northeast, across the Thwomp bridge and under each Thwomp. He nearly crashed into Amadeus, but he was stopped by the latter's newfound fiery fist.

Joe looked around, dazed. He, along with everyone but Zachary, was in a small book storage room of some sort.

Amadeus: Look for a spellbook of some kind.

Amadeus rummaged and rummaged some more through the musty old books in the library. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't find anything like what Oomph had found.

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amadeus (Firelordsky) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

The plot thickens! Well, not really. Bradley needs to decode a book, and Oomph gets an upgrade to his power level. Zach utterly destroys a Shyguy chef while Joe makes a break for it. Amadeus achieves nearly nothing.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:52:28 am by freeformschooler »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 47: Zachary the Destroyer
« Reply #1029 on: December 23, 2011, 12:10:17 pm »

Waitlist me please

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:00 pm »

"I'm g-going to g-go t-t-take this b-b-book off to Zachary," Bradley said, picking up The Origin Story and putting it away... somewhere. >.> He left the library and flew back across the bridge, circumventing the thwomps as usual, and found the archeologist with the remains of a Shyguy. "Um, um... here!" Bradley said, holding out the book.

Go back, find Zack, and give him da book.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:25 pm »

Waitlist me please

Waitlisted! At this rate, you'll probably be in some time around 2013.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 26: The little scale that tipped
« Reply #1032 on: December 23, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »

Yeah, I am the most awesome healer, right?

At least I don't have to heal Taricus now.  :D
Don't jinx it.
Taric has DIED!

^lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oomph leafed through the book-boring, boring, boring...boooring. Old Toads in robes recounting how annoying they are. Hmm, who was this at the end?

"The Adventures of of Friar Oomphmoore-Seeking the Seven Silver Spears of Sarasaland"?

Hmm, that sounded interesting. He turned the page and saw a Koopa that looked sort of like him-same dull witted brutishness beaming from his gaze, same dark green shell, even the same color koopaboots, thought he was sure that wasn't inherent.

Maybe they were related? He read on!

Apparently, Friar Oomphmoore has been a tireless battler of evils-for real evils, not just occasionally smacking them down, insulting their everythings, and then walking off-and lying his shell off like Normal Oomph did when someone asked what happened.

He had put down hordes of Skelekoopas, Dry Bones, Pionpi, swarms of evil Metools (some sort of evil helmeted robot that lived in a futuristic land), Possessed Pianos, Unchained Chomps, Angry Suns, Tap Taps, Thwomps, Whomps and Blarrgs. And lots of Boos-literally hundreds of Boos, along with their boo-children, and boo-wives and boo-husbands...even their boo-dogs...they were all probably evil, right?

His (probable) ancestor had lived by one Golden rule. "Anything you can start punching, you can kill with punching by keeping on punching it-and healing is letting you keep on punching it, so you can heal while your healing, and punching and punching while you're healing to punch." What an glorious insight!

Oomph read more. Luckily, The Friar hadn't liked to write words all that much, so he had put in lots of badly written art to entertain his readers. Amazing!

Action: Unbind my Healing Spellbook, and bind the White Wizards Handbook.

Give the Healing Spellbook to anyone who asks. Probably Firebro.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:14 pm »

Next turn will be a big turn, and it would be blasphemy to do it without illustrations, so it'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 23, 2011, 03:00:50 pm »

Joe: Go find a medkit or a mushroom or something before you bleed to death.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 122