Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220727 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 19, failure breeds success.
« Reply #405 on: August 07, 2011, 12:17:30 pm »

Hmmm... can a Koopa safely roll across the floor and afterwards be able to get up?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 07, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »

Hmmm... can a Koopa safely roll across the floor and afterwards be able to get up?

Sort of, but it doesn't function as a legitimate combat ability until you get Shell Spin. And to get that you have to hide in your shell a lot anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:15 pm »

I was more thinking about rofling to get rid of the fire and lighten the mood a bit.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:59 pm »

Go for it! Remember that if you get a 6, anything can happen, no matter what you're doing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 07, 2011, 05:32:25 pm »

Tackle the plant, hoping to set it on fire too.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 20, and then Mushroom Lady was girlfriend. END
« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »

Turn 20

Time: Morning (Very early)
Weather: Coldish
Light: No sun yet

Turn Intro

Our Heroes inch closer to their goal of information from King Piranha... but one of them will fall into a deadly trap. Who will it be?

Out of combat

Turn results

Taric: DOWN THE PIPE!

You run to the green pipe and jump on it, pushing yourself downwards so you're transported to the other side. When you fall out, you fall downwards seven feet! Thankfully, you hide in your shell mid-air quickly enough to not sustain any damage from hitting the ground. When you pop out of your shell, you get up and look around the room you're in. It's a cubic crystal room, but one of the walls is see-through glass. You can almost see... is that Red flying over there beyond the glass? Hey, it is! Looks like he's attack something, but it's outside your field of vision due to the hallways beyond the glass ending in a horizontal T intersection.

Wait, when did Red grow a pair? Of wings, of course.

In the center of the room, on the floor, is a large, green key with an L shape on its top. Wait... no, that's way too easy. Why would someone place a large green key for someone to just grab up?

That's when you realize, due to the architecture of the room, and the fact that the only visible exit is the pipe on the ceiling, you're trapped, and you only have about 2 minutes of breathable air in here. You start banging on the glass wall with your fist.

1:56

Spoiler: The Hero Needs a Hero (click to show/hide)

Bradley: Lie on the floor and wait to be healed.

You lie on the floor with a stereotypically Mushjapanese swirly eyed expression. You recovered from being stunned by the end of last turn, but if you look incapacitated you might be healed! You don't want to be a burden or anything, though, so maybe just this once? You manage to pull off a perfectly knocked-out look, to the point of being so convinced that you're unconscious that you actually go unconscious for the rest of the turn turn. Oh well.

Oomph: Heal Bradley. Tell the Podoboos a great story about you being the hero of everything ever.

You cast Heal I, but are too distracted with coming up with this great story about yourself that you use up most of the (very limited) spare brainpower you would use to cast the spell. Bradley is only healed for 2 points of damage.

Anyway, you finally get a great story idea in your head and then tell it to the Podoboos.

Player list

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Straightforward Soldiers (Fuzz, Red)
vs.
Reborn Statue (Piranha Plant)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Battle Results

Fuzz: Power Strike! Attack while ON FIRE!

You charge the Piranha Plant, wildly swinging to and fro, but can't seem to hit it! You suddenly realize that your accuracy is off because of being on fire! Speaking of the fire, it dissipates, but not before you've taken 2 damage from it. You feel a bit exhausted.

>RED: Charge/tackle the Piranha Plant! See if you can catch it on fire!

You decide not to fly this time, but, recovering from a fall to the ground after your head-bump, charge towards the Piranha Plant now that it's reachable! You stick your sword out mid-charge, too, for good measure, attempting to slash the plant as you tackle it. You collide with the plant, and do no damage, but fall forward behind it, dizzied a bit. You get up quickly, though, as you can see a ball of pain being hurled your way...

Piranha Plant: Spit a fireball at the one in the air!

The Piranha Plant, attempting to react now that it's been almost-literally knocked off its high horse, sends a fireball hurling towards Red. Unfortunately Red just charged it and landed on its other side, so its aim is a bit out-of-flame. The fireball hurls towards Red at an amazing speeds, but Red's armor and shell once again deflect it entirely! Fortunately for Red, though, this time he's not on fire.

Battle Combatants

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piranha Plant (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

In the heat of battle, friendships are forged, stories are told, and traps are sprung. Unfortunately, some are less lucky than others. Much, much less lucky. But that's the way of the world.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:02:25 pm by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SUPER MODE: USE MP!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ascend and divebomb using Shell Cover

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Hit it! In the face!
Wow, this thing is killing us. Or at least me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Oomph realizes the guy that was following him wasn't present to hear his AWESUM story! He gets mad!

"Come on Bragley! Adventure this way!"

Charge back! When I see that plant, equip my sword and slash em good!
Oomph stuffs Bradley in his hammer space and carries the Ghostie along until he wakes up.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 20, and then Mushroom Lady was girlfriend.
« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »

Bradley, despite being like , attempted to shake it off and wake up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

Oomph stuffs Bradley in his hammer space and carries the Ghostie along until he wakes up.
Bradley, despite being like , attempted to shake it off and wake up.
Bradley will probably wonder where the hell he is, and then imagine what it'd be like inside of a vacuum. Guess what he thinks his location is?
Meanwhile, Oomph will be thinking, "I swear I hear muffled scream. Maybe just hearing things, just imagination. Feel like am forgetting something... but, probably not important thing if not remember it." Oomph then feels proud of himself for that small feat of deductive logic he just performed.

This is why Bradley gets all the love. :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:32:28 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:30 am »

:P I'm so doing that when he wakes up, you have no idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2011, 07:16:45 am »

I was working on the updot yesterday but then my whole town's power went out. It took most of the night to get it back.  :-\

Also, Taric's almost full color update was taking a long time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:20:51 am by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2011, 07:24:08 am »

o.o Glad to hear you've got it back though. Power outages are the most boring thing ever.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 122