Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220725 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 17, it's the fiiinaal poolevaauullt!
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:48 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I just lost the last 5 results. I have to write them AGAIN.

If you're curious you can ask how but if not enjoy this possibly seizure-inducing picture of my elongated fist going through my computer while I prepare the results. AGAIN. At least I have the images ready.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 17, it's the fiiinaal poolevaauullt!
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:30 pm »

If you're curious you can ask how but if not enjoy this possibly seizure-inducing picture of my elongated fist going through my computer while I prepare the results. AGAIN. At least I have the images ready.

I'm... not exactly playing, but I figure that this is the best place to say that that picture is going into the annuls of my picture album, right up there next to Face-stump.

Oh, and while I'm posting, I might as well ask to be put on the invisible waitlist.
Name: Joe
Race: Toad
Bio: Having been kicked out of the military for excessive violence against a superior officer, Joe sees this as an opportunity to worm his way back into the military system.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 18, IT'S-A-ME, MIDNIGHTEO
« Reply #378 on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:32 am »

Turn 18

Time: Midnight
Weather: Frosty
Light: Black

Turn Intro

It's midnight, the time when monsters come out to play and terrorize the denizens of the world. Cities and towns have methods of fending off angry creatures, but it's been harder since Bowser's army has joined the legions of the night. What will Red and Fuzz encounter that poses a challenge to both of them? What will Oomph find down the hallway? Will Bradley find the key he needs to progress? And how will Taric deal with a new, unexpected game changer?

Turn Results

Taric: Equip the starlance. Head to the east and hit the question block.

You equip the starlance, and gain the ability Sacrificial Star. You have a feeling this will prove useful, even though realistically it only has one use right now. Come to think of it, though, you have no idea how Super Mode works! But it must be really great if it requires such a high price.

You head to the east, back to the Center of Misfortune, where the Piranha Walker corpse was. You begin to walk b-- wait.

Suddenly, you see something blocking your way to the east, the only visible exit. Or, it was visible. Now the trail has been completely swallowed by some pitch black entity, with tendrils that wave around slowly. It's like some kind of living darkness.

You don't notice any other pathways, but realize there's nothing stopping you from attempting to make your own at this point.

Red: Try to get around the statue.

You walk to the west to find Fuzz attempting to look around the statue. You move him to the side, and ask him where Oomph is. He says he's on the other side. You ask how he got there. He says he doesn't know. He "really doesn't know". Regardless, you attempt to squeeze past the crack between the wall and the giant pipe. You just can't do it! It's too small, and you are pretty skinny if you say so yourself. There seems to be no visible way to get around it.

Then you remember you have wings now.

You have successfully herped and derped simultaneously. You have invented a new word for this action.

Spoiler: "Herderp", verb (click to show/hide)

Bradley: Hit the question block.

You realize it's pretty unlikely the question block contains a green key. You'll probably end up having to go back through the pipe again to find it, no matter how much you want to stay away from the scary hound monster. Anyway, while you're here, you hit the question block. Out of it pops an interesting item that you've never seen before: a Smithy's Mini-anvil!

Oomph: To the lava room!

You walk to the north (or was it west?). In a moment or two, you're standing at the entrance to a very large room consisting of a straight platform that holds on it a massive green pipe. Around the platform is a pit of lava. You get the feeling that not only is the room really empty, but someone else you know has been here before. You have no idea how you would get to the top of the pipe. You guess you could pole vault again but if you screwed up you'd be roasted in the lava. Or you could head back and see what that other room was.

Spoiler: "Welp." (click to show/hide)

Suddenly, as you're about to do some more looking around, you notice that two of the fireballs that have been dancing in and out of the lava are actually Podoboos! They land on the platform in front of you, and start to float towards you, slowly.

Spoiler: Po Does the Boo! (click to show/hide)

Fuzz: Climb over the pipe.

You attempt to climb up the pipe, but just slide down it. That's not going to work. You suddenly devise a devious plan, though, consisting of Red carrying you over the pipe like Monic and Pails from the ever-loathed Kega Nemesis game! Of course, he might not be strong enough, but it certainly is worth a shot.

...or maybe not. Just as the invisible clock ticking in the back of your head tells you it's midnight, the stone Piranha Plant cracks open, revealing a living, angry piranha plant! What will you do in this situation? It's up to you and Red to defeat it!

Spoiler: The Stone that Woke Up (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

The tables are set: everyone is in danger, except for the one most scared of it. Will they overcome their challenges or face their inevitable demise?

Additionally, I am proposing a change to how attack rolls work, instead of the somewhat silly "subtract 2" rule. I will take a vote on this, please vote "Whoo-hoo!" or "Boo-hoo!" before the next turn:

Attack rolls and defense rolls

Player list

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:02:32 pm by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 18, IT'S-A-ME, MIDNIGHTEO
« Reply #379 on: August 04, 2011, 12:02:02 pm »

Well bugger this. Go the other way.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 04, 2011, 12:14:33 pm »

At least Oomph remembers Podobos are literally impossible to beat physically, being made of fire. Maybe if the Boo was around, he could ice them...at the very least, they seemed sort of slow. He could probably just walk away.

"Oomph use diplomacy on you. Fire Ball people, greeting from above land! Oomph looking for help finding way..."

Engage in friendly Diplomacy with the Podobos...while making sure to walk away as they approach, very slowly.
If I exit, go back and to search the other room
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:18:45 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:16 pm »

Don't forget to vote guys! Because I am a bastard, "no vote" counts as "yes".

Also, this is a thing that I drew that I am almost proud of. Almost.

Done in my traditional comic style!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 04, 2011, 01:10:16 pm »

Is that shadow creature Ochita?  :-\
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 04, 2011, 01:10:55 pm »

Good guess. It'll make sense later.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 04, 2011, 02:39:40 pm »

Toss a fireball!
A Offence vs Defence system would work I guess. Whatever you want is fine.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 04, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

Is that shadow creature Ochita?  :-\

Still totally worth it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 04, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »

Another vote for yes.

Bradley took the anvil and deposited it into hammer space. Once it was safely deposited, he went back into the pipe for now. Without the key, this was a dead end.

Bradley, here to make the save for ya, Oomph. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 05, 2011, 01:14:22 pm »

... I have wings?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you find that you have become a Koopa Paratroopa.
Race: Koopa Paratroopa (Red)
Passive skills/spells:
Air Fighting
Flying

also we're waiting on your action, darvi
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:33:50 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 06, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »

If Darvi doesn't get his action in by tonight, I'm autoing him for the turn.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 122