Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220656 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 12, it liiiiiives!
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »

*plays the Piranha Plant lullaby from SM 64*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2011, 02:27:55 pm »

Here, have some quick (awful) sketches while I prepare the rest of Turn 13.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 13, what's the verb for success?
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2011, 05:03:38 pm »

Turn 13

Turn intro

Where would we be without our friends? Probably in Taric's position. But burning and hurt as he may be, he shows no signs of letting up.
Red and Ochita, through a stroke of luck and cleverness on Ochita's part, solved the puzzle and are now in the process of opening the mystical red door. What will they find on the other side?
Bradley, Oomph and Fuzz find themselves transported down a blue pipe. Where it leads is anybody's guess.

Oh yeah, and I'm doing sketching for this too because I love you guys and want to make up for all the waiting.

Taric's team

Team intro

Time: Time to win
Weather: ON FIRE
Light: Cinematic

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Team initiative roll

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Team results

Taric: BURNING STAB!

As you take a running charge towards the Piranha Walker, you feel the fire on your back singe your skin and shell! But it doesn't matter, because you're not dying here, not today. You break out of your run and take a massive forward leap into the air, propelled by double jump straight towards the plant at well over twenty miles per hour, with your spear in front of you ready to pierce! You feel the bronze spear pierce the head of the monster plant, and you both hit the ground hard. A moment later, after the dust has cleared, you find yourself on the ground, spear inside plant, with some bruising and chipped skin. At least the fire on your back has cleared in the mess.

The Piranha Walker is dead. You don't feel bad - you were fighting for your life, out of self defense. You take its maul and put it in your inventory, then collect the gold it was nonsensically carrying. You suppose it's time to move ahead. To the west, the forest leads into a foggy alcove.

Team outro

You've won. You've slain the plant entirely by yourself. If you had a pride stat, it would have just gotten a +2 bonus.

Team status

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Ochita's team

Team intro

Time: Most certainly nearing night
Weather: Haunting
Light: More than in the pit, at least

Team results

Red: Item Get!

A thousand chortling maidens hum a four-part tune that starts with a D and ends with either a U or an A.

Ochita: Lead the way, unlock the door.

You snatch the key from Red's hands as he jumps off the now-balanced platform, unhurt. Looks like he was hoping the honor would go to him. But you solved the puzzle! So that's just too bad. You quickly put back on what armor you took off, and lead the way back to the east-north split where you started from. With the red key in hand, you push it into the lock of the red door, turn the handle, and...

Team outro

Behind the door is a pit. No, really. A who-knows-how-many-foot drop into who-knows-what. Surrounding on all sides by trees (how can a forest be so dense that it's like a dungeon?), you find the the only method of going forward is probably to jump.

Team status

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Oomph's team

Team intro

Time: Evening, probably
Weather: Not too bad
Light: More now than a few seconds ago

Team results

Bradley: Rush down the pipe.

Being a-at least... pretty sure that is what Oomph is going to do, you head down the pipe before anyone else. It's not like you're trying to escape Fuzz. Really, you swear! He's not scary at all! Just... menacing looking. These are the thoughts you are probably having as you manually float down the pipe. When you reach the bottom, it's dark, and your eyes have to adjust.

Oomph: Try to create a club out of the root system.

You use your sword skills (read: very few) to chop up a large, bulky root into the shape of a club. Surprisingly, it works! You're now carrying a Haunting Club. You almost don't even notice that Bradley's already gone. Besides, he's a Boo, he probably just turned invisible or something.

After all of this, you hop on the blue pipe and push your body down. You're suddenly forced down the pipe, as expected. When it spits you out the other side, you still can't see Bradley, but detect his presence next to you. You try to get a better look at the place you're now in.

Fuzz: Go down the pipe with the others.

You jump down the pipe after the other two, after being surprised at the implicit, subtle shenanigans that you are apparently not a part of. Effortlessly, you slide down, which is great fun! Except the forceful ejection at the bottom. You hit the ground hard, but aren't scratched up. It's dark, the surface below your feet is cold, like stone. No... like brick.

Team outro

As everyone's eyes adjust, they find themselves in a dark cave made of blue bricks. Blue bricks for the walls, blue bricks for the ceiling, and blue bricks for the floor! You can't see very far into the distance. this most certainly isn't a natural cave. A horrific sounding voice bellows forth from the north, but there's probably other pathways, you just can't see them.

Team status

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2011, 05:06:55 pm »

Looks like I'm gonna have to juuump! [/dangeresque]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:21 pm »

My only problem is I wish I'd thought to give Bradley some characteristic to make him look different from other boos, like a tie or something. :P Ah, oh well. No accessory really suits him anyway. ^^ The style's cute and fits Mario-related antics very well.

Bradley floated up near the ceiling so he could keep an eye on everything. Especially Fuzz; he had to stay out of range of any potential vacuums the human might or might not be carrying. Bradley didn't know! They might be small, hand-held devices and he could be concealing one on his person. "M-maybe we shouldn't g-go north?" he suggested timidly. "I'll just l-look around f-for some other p-p-path."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

Yeah, It may need a bit of work though, if only du to the fact I couldn't see Taric very well.

WESTWARD!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2011, 05:27:58 pm »

Serious, if Bradley had a distinction or distinctions from other boos what would you have that be? Never too late to say so, the drawings are pure fluff after all, and I want you guys to be attached to your characters if possible (speaking of which, next time we get back to town if Darvi's still playing I'll let him start up his own character if he wants, and have whatever standard equipment is reasonable)

Yeah, It may need a bit of work though, if only du to the fact I couldn't see Taric very well.

Certainly. I'm not used to drawing like this, I expect these sketches will get better defined as I do more.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »

Hmm. I've thought it over a bit and I guess since he's sort of a Mario Bros. fanboy he might be wearing a hat like they do, only with a B on it or something. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »

Hmm. I've thought it over a bit and I guess since he's sort of a Mario Bros. fanboy he might be wearing a hat like they do, only with a B on it or something. ^^

amidoinitrite
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:04:04 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:35 pm »

lol. ^^ Yeah, that's correct.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »

"Screaming leads to coins. Oomph good leader!"

Oomph leads the Group Northwards
Also, he dual wields the club and shortsword!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:58:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »

That's four!

Oh yeah, you can tell I'm bored today.

Spoiler: The whole crew (click to show/hide)

My sketches would probably look better without the small splashes of color.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:06:58 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »

Oomph congratulate artist in broken English for catching heroic side.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »

O.O Bradley's doomed that close to a human. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2011, 07:50:41 pm »

After some time I just realized I couldn't draw things proportionally or realistically and said "hahaha, who needs those proportions! I'll make it up as I go!"

Spoiler: Just some quick stuff (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I think I'm done for today.

edit: my goomba looks awful
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:57:13 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 122