Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220468 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 39: Mary Podosue
« Reply #930 on: October 31, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »

Tackle KT Red and proceed to completely pwn him as his fire only fuels my flames. Also when Podoboos die it just makes their brights brighter.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 39: Mary Podosue
« Reply #931 on: October 31, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »

Powerstrike KT Red and disarm him!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 40: Those Wacky Magikoopas
« Reply #932 on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:45 pm »

Turn 40

Time: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny
Light: Plenty

Turn Intro

The surly group of strange heroic fellows and the small portion of the Koopa Troop are locked in a heated battle. Oomph and Blue have a certainly rivalry with each other, but KT Red is a wildcard in the duel. In a few more moments, the matched blows resume!

Turn Results

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Zachary: Power strike KT Red and disarm him!

You hop to your feet and take a steady run across the bridge and into the action! Just beside you, Oomph is knocked back, and Amadeus seems to be having technical difficulties. But you don't have time to worry about the others. A mere foot away from KT Red, you take your best shot at him! He's blindsided by the attack and gets knocked back a few feet. KT Red takes 2 damage!

Unfortunately, he's not disarmed, even though you tried to knock his weapons out mid-swing. He's got a death-grip on that thing.

Amadeus: Tackle KT Red!

You use your new form to take a running (well, floating) start at KT Red! However, having just transformed, you're not used to being humanoid at all, and miss the Koopa foe entirely! You can't stop moving, though, and see the edge of the bridge in front of you. You try to stop... but fail entirely!

You fall off the bridge and into the water. Why can't you just float back up like in your old form!? While asking yourself this, you take 4 damage from being exposed to the water! Argh! You have to get out of there!

Oomph: Continue clubbing away at KT Blue.

Guh! The annoying blue one keeps trading blows with you. He just won't go down! But, being a Koopa yourself, you're also pretty sturdy. You get right back up, take another running start and swing your club at the malicious blue one! He attempts to block your blow, but alas, he cannot. He's clubbed just like the ball in your favorite sport! KT Blue takes 2 damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KT Red: Stop being so stupid.

The Red-hued Koopa Troop leader, recovering from Zachary's blow, gestures with his arms again, but goes for the distracted Oomph instead of (the possibly incompetent, but probably invulnerable) Podoboo. He summons a fiery blast at Oomph's location. Oomph squeals at the burst of flame, and is momentarily distracted from his blow-trading with KT Blue! He takes four damage. KT Red's flames are visibly beginning to disappear.

"Blue! My man, help me out here!" KT Red signals KT Blue to switch places with him.

Bradley: Start flipping out all over the Koopa Troop!

You fly over to KT Red and start stabbing him furiously! Everything sort of blurs around you. You're not even sure who you're actually stabbing. Whoever it is, they say "OW!" but do not appear to be otherwise harmed.

In another minute, you suddenly appear to be on the other side of the bridge, away from the action. Huh. You must have blacked out. You didn't even know your kind could black out!

KT Blue: Switch targets.

KT Blue quickly swaps spots with KT Red in the middle of action, and powers up another fiery strike... but this time, targets Zachary! Zachary sees the blow coming, but doesn't react quickly enough to jump out of the way. His face and chest are burned as he's hit by Blue's fiery strike!

"I'll get to you in another minute," says Blue coldly in Oomph's general direction.

Joe: Stand up and fight!

You stand up and help Zachary out like the soldier you are.

Blue loses 5 HP.

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amadeus (Firelordsky) (click to show/hide)

Enemy List

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Red (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Blue (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

In just another moment, KT Blue's flame went out, and his two magical wings became one regular wing. He was reduced to nothing more than a crippled schmuk with a hammer.

KT Red jumped in front of KT Blue, guarding him. "I won't let you harm my brother any more," he yells. Oomph gave him a firm kick to the chest, and his fire powers dissipated, too. He ground his teeth and held his ground.

"Master! Master, you promised us! You said we could get back at them!" KT Blue said this, and from far away, a sinister magician flew down to just above the Koopa Troops' heads. The four remaining heroes on the bridge gasped.

Kamek, Bowser's right-hand Magikoopa, introduced a single gloved palm to her old, gnarled face. She started blathering on to the Koopa Troop.

"I can't account for your own incompetence! Just because I have that idiot's weapon doesn't mean I can make the transformation sustain itself!" The terrible Magikoopa waved her tiny rod as she spoke, and KT Red and KT Blue were lifted into the air. "And why didn't Yellow and Green come along with you?"

KT Red looked down at the Heroes one last time. He seemed to be terrified of Kamek.

"W-We couldn't get them to go with us! They wanted to stay with the other magicians to help keep the Origin at minimum strength. We're sorry, Master," said KT Red. With this, Kamek muttered something about the "blasted Origin", and flew off into the sky with the two Koopas in her magical grasp.

Bradley noticed Amadeus in the water and brought him out, so there was some relief, but Kamek's departure was still a very sad moment for the Heroes. They had lost Red, and they couldn't even exact revenge on the Koopa Troop.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:21:05 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 40: Those Wacky Magikoopas
« Reply #933 on: November 01, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »

Oomph started jumping up and down angrily at the flying fools.

"Come back here you cowards! Oomph hates recurring bosses!"

The Koopaballer sensed he might just have enough range for a play intercept...technically it was illegal to discard your weapon on the field, but Oomph didn't see any Ref-Guys, so...

Action: Oomph long tosses his club into the air and tries to smack KT Blue in the face
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 01, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »

Bradley adjusted his hat, somehow. I wonder what the 'origin' they talked about is? He had the feeling they would find out eventually, but he wished he knew now so he would be ready for it. Whatever it was. "Are you OK?" he asked Amadeus, referring to the Podoboo getting dunked in water.

Catch that club! Oomph is going to need it later. >.>

EDIT: And also give both Oomph and Amadeus a red mushroom since they are the most injured.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:01:22 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 01, 2011, 06:46:07 pm »

Use "Fiery Taunt" to taunt them pull them to the fight.Joke action there.

Actual action: Practice Taunting while crossing the bridge and thank Bradley.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:56:19 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 01, 2011, 06:50:19 pm »

((heh, the battles over FLS. No need to actually draw them back. :P

Oomph is just being Oomph.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 01, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

Zachary straightened his glasses and took a deep breath, wincing at the burns that kept stinging. Damn koopas, nothing but trouble. Seeing that Oomph was likely doing something stupid, he leaves him to it and decides to go check out the water.

Bathe my wounds in the water and see if I can find Red's corpse.

EDIT: Told off by fellow player and GM for redundant action.  :-[
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:17:45 pm by Zako »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 01, 2011, 08:35:34 pm »

Bradley's already got Amadeus covered.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 01, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »

Bradley's got it covered every which way he can cover it. And then he has to do it all over again. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

Sorry, I'll edit it now.  :-[

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »

I was just messing with ya, dude. :3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn Sadface: Lend some ideas to Freeform!
« Reply #942 on: November 03, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »

Guys guys guys.

I have been GMing this for months. Before this, I had a track record of absolute failure when it came to forum games. However, I'm at that point most GMs get to where it's like "do I continue this?" The answer obviously is yes, as I *AM* going to continue this, but I need a break - and not one with some silly excuse like oh school or oh I forgot or SOMETHING. Having this hanging over my head gives me a slight sense of discomfort until I update it, primarily I don't have it all figured out. I feel like I need to do something else and then come back to this with new ideas and inspiration. Like right now there are a maximum of four major plot points and they are all way too linked to each other, plus the system I am using is disorganized and hard to maintain. Both of these make each update more tedious to do than it has to be. Also, there are major balance problems, like the players are far too powerful at this point for the rules to work effectively.

I am considering taking a month's break - or two months' break - and running something ENTIRELY different for a change. Frankly, the only thing I've improved in the course of this game is my art, and that's not the only important part, in fact it is not important at all. I need to practice my writing, my storytelling, and my endurance/consistency skills before becoming really serious about this again.

If I do end up doing another forum game in the meantime, I'm taking suggestions. I'm thinking something:

-Reasonably fast-paced
-With a clear and tangible end point
-That is reasonably different than the style of forum game this one is.

I am sincerely sorry if there was anyone that actually looked forward to the next update. But if I force myself to do this more without getting much more of it straightened out, I'll probably lose some interest in it. And I don't want that to happen.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:25:27 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn Sadface: Lend some ideas to Freeform!
« Reply #943 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:04 pm »

I understand completely. >.> I'd recommend trying something simple that's just for fun and to practice writing. That's basically what RtASL is. The players don't have to get too attached to the characters, they can have fun making crazy stuff up to have happen, the rules are relatively simple without any stats to keep up with (other than team points and game events), and I get to practice my writing by trying to tie it all together. Basically, what I'm trying to say is you should try taking the rules and running an ASL thread yourself. ^^^ I think you'd have fun with it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn Sadface: Lend some ideas to Freeform!
« Reply #944 on: November 03, 2011, 01:40:11 pm »

Hmm... that is a pretty good idea, though I don't think I would do ASL specifically. I was thinking something less RTD and more ISG though since I've already done so much RTD, even before this. Making it silly and trying to tie it all together as writing practice is a really good idea. I wonder... perhaps just for fun, I could do something where I have NO preconceptions about where the game is gonna go, and will tie it together completely over time.

I'm still deciding though... ASL style is a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 122