Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220473 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 37: SISSY SLAP FIGHT
« Reply #900 on: October 30, 2011, 07:57:30 am »

I was working on a flash for days, but I don't think I'm going to do that. As totally awesome as it was gonna be, I'm achieving a new record for lazy right now, update-wise.

E: Here, have a preview. Every single image this turn is full color, and I have to go on a hike and stuff, so it'll take probably more than one day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:40:57 am by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 38: The Sacrifice
« Reply #901 on: October 30, 2011, 11:58:28 am »

Turn 38

Time: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny
Light: Plenty

Turn Intro

Our heroes, after a good night's sleep, head off to the Aqua Resort! With Red in tow as their teammate once again, absolutely nothing can go wrong. Over the hills they trod, and to the blue-castle-looking-place!

Turn Results

Bradley: Hover above your teammates.

As you watch Oomph and Zachary bicker to and fro about whether or not Oomph is a swindling two-faced Magikoopa, you suggest to Zachary that he could try knocking Oomph on his back. Either way, the argument is over before it really had time to begin, and the hill path is chosen. You float ahead and above the rest of the group, so as to watch out for unexpected encounters in the sky.

Turns out there are no unexpected encounters in the sky. That's just as well, then!

Oomph: Equip yonder equipment! Then start whacking at invisible blocks.

You wield the Koopaball utility and wear the iron armor. With this new equipment, you're INVINCIBLE! You whack around at the air a few times to show the stuff off. Of course, there's probably invisible blocks hiding around everywhere, too. Can't miss those!

You actually do manage to hit an invisible block! Oh, today is your lucky day! Out of the block pops a Forest Flower. Huzzah!

...wait, Forest Flower? What the heck is that?

Zachary: Look for some kind of armor to wear. Anything is better than nothing!

You are satisfied that you get to take the easy, pleasant hill path. You see Oomph hit an invinsible block just a couple meters away from you. Hey, you wonder if there's any invisible blocks with armor to wear around h-

...OW. After a minute, you get up. Everyone's looking down at you. You had hit your face on an invisible block! You take 2 damage, but at least it was enough for an item to pop out of the block. You get... you get a suit of Bronze Armor.

That's gonna leave a knot.

Joe: Examine bushes during trip for possible Goomba ambushes!

You roll your eyes and keep watch for Goombas. Unfortunately, you keep getting distracted by the team's shenanigans. If there were any ambushes, you wouldn't have spotted them. Thankfully, no Goomba decided to ambush you.

Amadeus: Search for crud on the ground to wield.

You search along the ground for stuff to wield. Unfortunately, nothing comes up. Those other guys found invisible blocks in the air, though. Maybe the ground was the wrong place to look? Oh well.

Player List

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amadeus (Firelordsky) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

Within the span of a modest sum of hours, the Heroes complete their journey over the hills leading to the Aqua Resort. The entrance to the place looks like a grand series of bridges that lead the way to various above-water platforms and alternate paths. In the middle of all these platforms and bridges is a massive blue castle. It appears as if it's made of pure ice!

It will clearly take a while to navigate the bridges and platforms if the Heroes wish to get to the castle. Red, using video game logic, decides that the Aqua Star must be somewhere inside the castle itself. The rest of the group agrees. They step onto the first wooden bridge seperating the regular hilled areas and the platform maze.

Cheep-cheeps hop to and fro above and under the water as the Heroes take their first steps towards the Resort.

Bradley stops in his tracks. Or, he would have, if he left tracks.

"H-hey... i-isn't that...?" As he says this, the Heroes recognize two very familiar faces awaiting them at the end of the bridge.

"Long time no see, Mushroom Kingdom rats!" These were the words of Koopa Troop Red, who the Heroes had previously fought. Koopa Troop Blue was standing next to him, glaring at Oomph and flapping his single wing.

The Heroes ready a battle position. Joe doesn't recognize these faces, and calls out: "What do you want with us? Let us pass!"

The two groups ready their weapons. KT Red points to the heroes with one hand while holding what appears to be a larger version of his previous weapon. The bridge is holding a Mushroom Kingdom stand-off.

"Unluckily for you, we have a new trick up our sleeve," says KT Blue. "While you were off adventuring, we found... a little help!"

KI Red raises his arms into the air. He calls forth: "Power of the Fire Star... TRANSFORM!"

...Nothing happens. The Heroes just stare at him. KT Red winces.

"I said... Power of the Fire Star..." As he says this, the area darkens, and a huge red Power Star appears above KT Red and KT Blue! All of the sudden, their wings catch on fire, and their weapons are engulfed in flame! The Fire Star floats above the Koopa Troop as they grin and laugh.

"Hahaha! That's quite the look of surprise on your face, 'Heroes'! What's wrong? You thought that you were the only ones collecting the Power Stars? Well, you aren't! We've been collecting them for our master!" KT Red holds his sword in front of him after saying this.

KT Blue stands back and gestures with his hands while saying: "Power of the Fire Star! Grant me revenge!" Out of nowhere, a beam of fire is summoned forth from KT Blue's weapon! It heads straight at the heroes!

"No! Oomph!" Red says as he flies down and pushes Oomph onto his back. In an act of pure self-sacrifice, Red takes the full brunt of the beam. It pierces straight through his chest and shell! Blood is spilled over the bridge, and Red falls off, into the water.

The Heroes collectively gasp with a look of horror on their faces. Oomph quickly peers down the side of the bridge, saying Red's name over and over. It's no use. He's dead. A Koopa Paratroopa can't fly once he's been exposed to water, and that attack pierced his heart.

Behind the Koopa Troop, the Fire Star disappears into thin air, but their transformations remain. A battle position is regained on both sides of the bridge. Who will be victorious?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:48:22 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 30, 2011, 12:18:09 pm »

Bradley was like as the events played out. "I-I'm just g-gonna... check on R-R-Red," he said to no one in particular, then floated away from the group and under the bridge. He couldn't let that slide! Red was a friend, and he was trying to be a hero. These bozos would have to pay!

Go under the bridge to hide, then come up behind the pair and use Frostflash II!

Make them feel the chill of the grave. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 30, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

"Red! No!"

Zachary took a step towards the edge of the bridge, but stopped, baring his teeth in anguish. He was gone, but there was the more important matter of handling these two murderers! But first, he had to put his armour on before wading in.

Take cover behind my teammates and equip my armour, then powerstrike KT Blue!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 30, 2011, 12:36:22 pm »

Joe: Oh what the hell just happened. Well, these guys appear to be powerful and hostile, so let's do the only thing we really know how to do: slash the hell out of the blue guy.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 30, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »

-edited-

See new action
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:21:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 30, 2011, 12:44:48 pm »

And yes, Blue gained a wing. It'll wear off.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 30, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »

Also push those two into the water!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2011, 12:49:44 pm »

Also push those two into the water!

That would be a great tactic if they couldn't fly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Okay, TACKLE them into the water :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2011, 03:36:08 pm »

Taunt them show them the OPness of my Fire Immunity.Change your action Dwarmin, I'm tanking.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »

You do realise that they will probably just hit you with something that is not on fire, right?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 30, 2011, 09:21:25 pm »

"Red, Red, Red...Oomph would have survived. Why did you get your weak self in the way?!"

Oomph growled at KT Blue.

"Hey, you missed me! I am still here, mocking you and your one wing, which looks very sad. Your mother and/or father would be ashamed, if you had them."

And to KT Red

"And, I promise to kill you last."

With that, he ran forward into battle, preparing to trick the fools! He knew if they he could get them to attack him, his friends could get into position. That was about as far as Oomph could think in the future...well, he already prepared to, when the little fire ball started squeaking at him. Well, if it wanted to get hit by the foes...then Oomph could do the hitting on them instead. Brilliant!

New Action: Crush KT Blue with my bat! Activate Power Strike!

OOC: Well, if you insist :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 31, 2011, 01:57:53 am »

Been following for awhile, i must say that was a great sacrifice.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:44 am »

freeformschooler, +adequate digital artist+

Not even spoilered because man I worked for two days on that.

I think it's funny that JUST WITHIN THE TIMESPAN OF THE GAME I got to where I am from

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:21:00 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 122