Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220506 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 4, so early?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2011, 01:41:00 pm »

Suggestion-After the tutotial, with the low levels of damage in this game, can we perhaps run multiple rounds of combat a turn, signifying beforehand when we would want to stop the battle when we reach a certain amount of low health?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2011, 01:42:33 pm »

Atack Blue with maul.
Question: Do humans heen MP to cast Fireball?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:44:48 pm by FuzzyZergling »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2011, 01:44:26 pm »

Suggestion-After the tutotial, with the low levels of damage in this game, can we perhaps run multiple rounds of combat a turn, signifying beforehand when we would want to stop the battle when we reach a certain amount of low health?

If it gets to be a problem, yes, I'll allow people to take a vote on fleeing. But the low levels of damage won't be a problem because... well, I'm just going to spoiler this for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2011, 01:48:53 pm »

Yeah, I figured.

With my +0 damage vs +3 AV (armor, flying, shell), I was going to do like no damage here. You can now intiate our tutorial ass-beating, if you please. :3
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

Atack Blue with maul.
Question: Do humans heen MP to cast Fireball?

Check the Skills and Spells spoiler in the first post. Both of humans' innate abilities trigger a medium cooldown each, but cost no MP. Says so in the pop up. If you'd like to change your command, fire away! Actually you're offline, I'll let you use your maul this turn and give you a chance to try something else the nest.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 5, the Battorial is on!
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:40 pm »

Turn 5

Turn intro

Time: Noon
Weather: Heating up, in both senses
Light: Pleasant

Bandits! Who would have thought? Looks like they're getting taking revenge on you, for something you didn't do!

Roll for initiative

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Results

Koopa Troop Red: Take a flying strike at that other red-shelled punk!

"You! Red-shell! You're a disgrace to red-shelled koopas everywhere! Why join the army when you be on the winning side?" spouts Koopa Troop Red, right before diving into his shell, and taking a literal dive towards Red! Red is caught unaware, and [Rolled a 5. 5 (base roll) + 2 (slashing damage) - 1 (AV) = 6! A 6 does 4 damage total, but often has other desirable effects, especially when the effects are not specified by the action!] knocked straight back, bruising him for 4 damage and causing him to fall on his back!

Koopa Troop Blue: Calculate the damage potential of a Geo Blast to the funny looking human, and then try it.

Koopa Troop blue touches his hand to his headband, and then strikes a sideways pose, pointing with two fingers toward Ochita. However, the multicolored geometric shapes that burst forth from his hand with a twinkling sound fly right past Ochita, and disappear into nothing.

"Rats," said Blue, under his breath. "I was sure I got it right!"

Fuzz: Maul Blue with maul.

You swing your mighty maul at Blue, but miss him entirely! It was a very difficult hit, anyway. He keeps flying around, like he knows exactly where to fly. Maybe someone else can catch im off guard.

"Can't catch me. And I know it," says the blue one, without raising his voice.

Oomph: Slice the Blue one.

Taking a massive, mighty swing with your relatively tiny sword, you manage to somehow hit the flying blue one, catching him at exactly the worst moment (in your case, the best). He recoils from the hit, taking 4 damage. You've managed to somehow slice off part of one of his wings during your attack. He's no longer able to fly, no matter how much he tries.

"No! No, no, no! This can't happen!" he shouts. His voice is certainly raised now.

Red: Attack the imposter!

Inspired by Oomph's unquestionable heroicness, and you manage to jump and pull off a highly similar move, catching Koopa Troop Red off guard! He takes four damage, is knocked several feet back, and onto the ground. You can't believe you pulled that off. Maybe you were meant to be a hero after all!

...or that's what would have happened, if you weren't lying on your back in your shell. Sigh.

Bradley: Take a shot at Blue with Lightning I!

Seeing how Blue's on the ground, you cast your best quick lightning spell at the dastardly, calculating Koopa. It seems to hit him, but he shrugged it off. It's almost like he didn't notice. You'll guess... you guess you have to enact revenge for this? You're now down to 4 MP.

Taric: Take a stab at the other Red.

You take your best stab straight at Other Red in the air, as your Red would probably have done on a moment's notice. You're not sure. You haven't gotten to know each other that well. Regardless, his head is clearly built hard, as you took your best stab at it and the attack glanced off completely! Better try again, or something, probably.

Ochita: Go for the blue one!

You charge at the prone Koopa Troop Blue! Koopa Troop Blue is surprised at the ferocity of your onslaught! The +iron lance+ glances off the prone Koopa Troop Blue's Front Shell, First Body. Alright, yeah, noticing other attacks, you realize even with armor, no Koopa is built THIS hard. But then, he doesn't have anything else... it must be his armor... surely.

Turn outro

The Koopas are tough, and relenting. If you knew that you were going to face an enemy this early on, you probably could have asked for more backup!

By now you should have a general idea of how combat works. More rules will be introduced throughout the rest of the tutorial, but this is the general idea. Keep at it!

Status

Enemy List

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Blue (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Red (click to show/hide)

Player list

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red (Bdthemag) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:44:17 pm by freeformschooler »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

Hide in my shell and defend!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011, 02:34:54 pm »

Stab Blue

It's stab, because I have a spear!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2011, 02:35:11 pm »

Stab Blue

It's stab, because I have a spear!

ifailit.jpg

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2011, 02:53:59 pm »

Attack Blue again.
I'm going to be gone for a week. Very sorry, you can auto me or kick me or whatever you want.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

Bradley decided to stick with the old saying of 'if you fail, dust yourself off and try again.'
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2011, 04:08:37 pm »

Power attack, blue koopa!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »

Cast Heal 1 on Red

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

Attack Blue again.
I'm going to be gone for a week. Very sorry, you can auto me or kick me or whatever you want.

Well... are you alright with Darvi taking over your character for the week? That would be an awful lot more fun and interesting than autoing or kicking. But it's no problem either way.

EDIT: Rats he's alright gone. I'm gonna cast Unwaitlist I.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:44:09 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »

Auoting is pretty lame, when we have people on the waiting list, ready to play.

Thats my opinion, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 122