Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220561 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 32: bright-eyed pipsqueaks ruin everything
« Reply #795 on: September 17, 2011, 09:01:10 am »

Turn 32

Time: Afternoon
Weather: Sunshine and Rainbows
Light: Plenty Enough

Turn Intro

Shop selection has been revealed, and certain heroes have crafted an elaborate plan to get what they want. Will they?

Shop list

Spoiler: The Silversmithy (click to show/hide)

Turn Results

Red: Wrong shop. Go to Bronze Works.

Going to Bronze Works is definitely a thing you're going to do. You wave goodbye to the shop owner and head out along the main roads again. Eventually, using your keen Koopa senses (these may or may not be real), you find yourself at Bronze Works!

A scruffy human guy person greets you. He looks baffled to have this much business. Also, you see Joe and Zachary here!

Bradley: Go to the magic shop. For reals.

You float pass the strange, childish humans and end up at the magic shop. It seems slightly different than the last one you visited. Books of varying potency adorn the shelves behind the Goomba that runs the place.

The Goomba shop owner speaks to you. Goombas have some difficulty enunciating words, but you can clearly hear him say "Hey! That mini-forge! I'll give ya' 400 for it!"

You suddenly remember that you've been lugging around that mini-forge all this time. You COULD keep it and use it to craft an extremely powerful piece of weaponry or armor... OR, you could sell it for some quick coins. You don't know which to choose.

Oomph: Sell the bronze shortsword, then attempt to buy iron armor.

You tell the highly armored shopkeeper to wait one moment. You jog out of Ye Olde Armor Shoppe, and head to Bronze Works. When you get there, a bunch of idiots consisting a Toad, a Human and another Koopa are standing around doing nothing. You ignore them, and head right up to the shop keeper.

You put your useless bronze shortsword on the desk. He examines it carefully, and understands your intent to sell.

"My! What a finely crafted bronze shortsword! And in such pristine condition," says the shopkeeper. "I'll give you 150 coins for it, instead of the regular 50."

You don't hesitate, and grab the gold. You head out of the shop, and jog all the way back to Ye Olde Armor Shoppe. When you get there, the armor-laden shopkeeper hasn't moved. Not like he could, though, with all that armor.

You put the 500 coins down on the desk, and say you're willing to haggle for the iron armor. The shopkeeper eyes your Haunting Club, but also noticing something else in your inventory.

Only now do you notice you've been carrying around some other club. Is that... oh man, it IS. It's a genuine, straight-off-the-forge Koopaball Club from Bowserbowl '51. This is amazing. You have to keep it. Such nostalgia!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now you just have to decide what else to haggle with. You're short 100 coins!

Fuzz: Imitate Oomph again.

You put down your entire stock of coins for some iron armor. The shopkeeper says he would oblige, but the mean-looking turtle-like one is currently haggling for the only set. You can wait, or buy some bronze armor instead.

You decide to buy some bronze armor instead. Besides, you could buy some magic with the leftover money, if you wanted! You put down 300 coins, and receive bronze armor. Huzzah!

Zachary: Tip your hat, and ask for favors.

You tip your truly high-class headwear shop-keeper-wards. Then, instead of buying something, you ask if he has anything SPECIAL for the heroes of the Kingdom.

The shopkeeper winces. Then he walks out from behind his desk, and heads right up to you, and puts his finger on your forehead.

"Listen, punk," he says. "I don't have anything for you. Do you know what happened the last time some bright-eyed, golden-haired 'HERO' wandered in and wanted something free?"

You shake your head. You're terrified.

"That kid stole my most powerful magical lance replica. Then he ran out of the shop, and headed out of the city before the guards could catch him," continues the shopkeeper. "So NO FREE WEAPONS FOR HEROES!"

You had no idea this was coming. But you wonder who this bright-eyed dude was?

Joe: Buy the bronze greatsword.

You put down your entire stock of coins to buy the greatsword. The shopkeeper hands it to you, and is surprised with the ease at which you wield it! (wielded Bronze Greatsword)

Player List

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

Some plans go better than others. Oomph's is in progress, and looking like it's going to work, but Zachary's failed spectacularly. Oh well!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 32: bright-eyed pipsqueaks ruin everything
« Reply #796 on: September 17, 2011, 09:04:04 am »

Pacify the shopkeeper. The man probably didn't mean it like that (also, getting favors from other PC's is always good). Then sell my obsolete weapon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:06 am »

"Oomph would trade this club, for the armor-let me tell you the tale of how I found it...

Oomph is probably months away from dual wielding!

He offers to sell the shopkeeper the Legendary Haunting Club-and the above tall tale to embellish it-to finish the deal and maybe make extra money!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 17, 2011, 09:45:49 am »

Oh lord that just made my day. Bravo, Dwarmin :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 17, 2011, 01:09:33 pm »

From what I understand, you like to draw and animate as much, if not more, than you like to write Freeformschooler.

Thought I'd help you out by giving you something to do.  :)

Edit: I vote to Replace Fuzz. We got alot of people on the waiting list, and if we do while we're in the Kingdom, it will make sense in-character wise, rather than just having him disappear or get modkilled in the wilds.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:12:23 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »

And if he gets back, he can rejoin the party with his old character!

After he got through the waiting list, of course.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 17, 2011, 01:56:51 pm »

From what I understand, you like to draw and animate as much, if not more, than you like to write Freeformschooler.

Thought I'd help you out by giving you something to do.  :)

Edit: I vote to Replace Fuzz. We got alot of people on the waiting list, and if we do while we're in the Kingdom, it will make sense in-character wise, rather than just having him disappear or get modkilled in the wilds.

I do like to draw and animate more than I like to write. The bad part is I am much, much WORSE at it than I am at writing. I cannot do something like this, though, without drawing stuff to go along with it. I would just get too bored. Anyway, I look forward to drawing this fiction-inside-fiction as a comic.

Fuzz represents a complicated situation since he has some link to a major NPC, but that can be worked out in time. Or... nah, spoilers. I'm going to have the next person on the waiting list post their character sheet again and join up next turn.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 17, 2011, 02:28:29 pm »

"Ah... the joy of doing nothing." Some Italian Proverb.

Name:Amadeus Septimus Jormund Flake Hanser Cook
Race:Podoboo
Super awesome bio thing:Named Podoboo 3 at birth he changed his name to Amadeus Septimus Jormund Flake Hanser Cook at 13 when he was having problems with not being unique, after he set off to the world to clean the monsters out of the lava pipes. When he came back his friends Podoboo 1 and 2 told him about Bragely and Oomph, and like the unique Podoboo he was he set out to go with them
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 17, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »

Can I use the mini-forge to combine books? If so, would it be possible to combine two Tier 1 books to get a Tier 2 book?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 17, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

It's funny how his character coming in coincides with the next phrase of the legend.

Who he will find out very soon is not quite so legendary after all! :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:43 pm »

Thanks Firelordsky! I'll work you in next turn (and somehow work Fuzz OUT). Being a podoboo will probably be interesting, at worst.

Can I use the mini-forge to combine books? If so, would it be possible to combine two Tier 1 books to get a Tier 2 book?

Yes. I cannot guarentee what the results will entail, but that sounds like a thing that is likely to happen.

It's funny how his character coming in coincides with the next phrase of the legend.

Who he will find out very soon is not quite so legendary after all! :P

Wait, what legend is this again?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 17, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »

You know.

The Legend Of Oomph, Hero of the Kingdom!
~and Bragely, the Wimpy Ghost!~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 17, 2011, 02:59:06 pm »

Bradley coughed nervously and ducked the question of the mini-forge. "U-um, actually, I would like a spellbook of light," he said, putting his coins on the counter.

De-equip Spellbook of the Elements in preparation of combining it with the Spellbook of Light. Buy Spellbook of Light. If possible on this turn, use mini-forge to combine books, equip result.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 17, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »

Loiter while waiting for everyone else to finish their shopping. Man, why can't they just quickly pick what they want like REAL MEN do?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 17, 2011, 11:43:35 pm »

"If you were to have waited a moment, I would have told you that I was willing to pay. No real hero would steal from an honest merchant! You have been swindled by a thief. If you can give me his description and name, I could look for him and bring him to you if possible. So, if you are going to be civil to a customer, then I ask again, do you have anything special for sale?"
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 122