Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220490 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Intermission 1B: My Friend Conflict
« Reply #645 on: August 24, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »

Intermission 1B

Turn Intro

Taric and Ochita have slipped outside the polygonal house, and Ochita continues his quest to find out just what is causing all of this madness. Surely somebody, somewhere, will know!

Turn Results

Ochita: question the "locals" about the Neverwas. Maybe the triangle coming out of the pipe? (Full turn, out of combat)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You've already questioned all the Shapees that hang around your house! That's mostly how you found out what you know right now. That triangle on the pipe seems to be new, though, judging by how good a time he's having over there. You guess you'll question him. He has to have his own stories, at any rate. And it's not like you're running low on time or sustenance (neither of which seem to function properly in this realm).

As you approach the pipe, a square hops out of your way. Guess it's shy. You look up at the triangle...

Taric: Follow Ochita. (Full turn, out of combat)

You see Ochita's heading over to the pipe with the triangle-shaped fellow on it right this very minute! You decide to follow him. The world around you is pretty alien and frightening right now, so it's good that you have someone here to help you understand what's going on. Well, sort of.

Now that you think about it... if this is Ochita, just who was the person who corrupted King Piranha? You'll have to ask him about this in a little bit.

Player List

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

Ochita steps into the view of the triangle (who are called something else, but it's difficult to pronounce, much less ascribe). He makes some clicking sounds with his tongue, and the triangle makes some clicking sounds in return. Apparently, there's a gang of rectangle troublemakers up ahead, beyond the pipe it's standing on.

The triangle warns Taric and Ochita of not getting too hurt, or else face their worst fate yet. Ochita doesn't know what that means, because he doesn't know what happens when someone dies in the Neverwas. Taric can't understand the triangle at all.

After climbing over the pipe and saying farewell to the triangle in whatever ways they can, Ochita and Taric approach a group of three rectangles bullying what appears to be a Toad from the Mushroom Kingdom. The Toad is lying on its back.

One of the rectangles notices the two heroes. It speaks up, and Ochita understands it as being startled by the sight of more outsiders, and then asking what they want with the "Geometry Rockers", and if the thing they want is trouble. How will Ochita and Taric react?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:54:50 pm by freeformschooler »

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Intermission 1A: The World That Neverwas
« Reply #646 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:38 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (important) (click to show/hide)
I see what you probably didn't even intend to do there.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Intermission 1B: My Friend Conflict
« Reply #647 on: August 24, 2011, 07:58:00 pm »

CHARGE!

Because technically, he IS a white knight :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 24, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

"Violence solves nothing...except for conflict!"

Introduce them to my Neverfist!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 24, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »

I will allow you two both those actions this turn but I assure you that you will be sorely disappointed with the results regardless of the rolls.

Before I re-type and then post the WALL OF TUTORIALS (my eyes are completely dilated so it's difficult to type long things), combat actions are posted like this: Cycle 1 action/Cycle 2 action/Cycle 3 action. Every combat turn contains three separate cycles of actions, and everyone gets one action per cycle. For each cycle, you choose between either the two possible actions for that cycle listed on your character sheet, or substitute an All Cycle Action. For instance, Taric might post Starburst (Rectangle 1)/Heal (Ochita)/Light Thrust (Rectangle 1).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:49 pm »

Attack with Starburst/Starlance/Light thrust.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 24, 2011, 08:14:08 pm »

1.Frail Curse (Rectangle 2)
2.Dark Fireball (Rectangle 2)
3.Shadowlance (Rectangle 2)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »

Maybe the 3 turns per turn isn't as good an idea as I thought with school demanding most of my time, and then other things when it's not. 1/3 done. Hopefully by tonight but unlikely.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Intermission 1C: Shattering Like Glass
« Reply #654 on: August 27, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

Intermission 1C

Turn Intro

Both Taric and Ochita have chosen to resolve the conflict with force. How will they fare in this new and unusual combat environment?

Cycle One

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Rocking Rectangle 2: Charge up.

One of the rectangles holds its ground and charges up its Attack Power. It's getting ready to attack!

Taric: Starburst.

You suddenly realize that your old Starlance has appeared in your hand, like magic. But wait... it's not REALLY your starlance. It's almost like it's a part of you! You wave it around a bit to see if it's the real thing and a star shoots out of it, impacting the first rectangle shape person thing! However, such a light unexpected hit is easily shrugged off by the rectangle guy.

Rocking Rectangle 1: Ram into the turtle!

The other rectangle, now seeing Taric as a threat after deflecting his mistaken attack, floats in the air towards Taric at high speeds, but it bouces off Taric from accidentally colliding with his shell! With a *TINK* sound, the rectangle flies away.

Ochita: Frail Curse the second one!

You wave your arms around a bit and a frightening symbol appears on the ground below Rectangle 2. Suddenly, the second rectangle is startlingly weaker! It falls to the ground, and its Attack Power and Defense Power (herefore referred to as AP and DP) are both reduced to negative values!

Rectangle Rocker: Defend.

The large rectangle behind the two more active ones stays where it is, and prepares for any attacks. Its Defense Power is elevated to 2 during the next Cycle!

Cycle Two

Rocking Rectangle 2: Ram into the curse-y one!

The other rectangle sees Ochita as the largest threat after being cursed by him. It spins in the air towards Ochita, but Ochita knocks it back into the air with his lance! Nice save.

Taric: Starlance!

You's newfound Starlance allows you to make an attack in the same way as your real-world Starlance did. You run towards the first rectangle Shapee with the starry lance held in front! The rectangle, having no way to defend itself, is completely destroyed in a giant flash of light. Now that's an odd way to die...

Ochita: Cast a dark fireball upon your foe.

Everyone in the Neverwas is assigned an element. Their options are either light or dark, but they don't get to choose. For some reason, you entered the Neverwas as a Dark element human. Because of this, you can cast Dark-aligned spells and curses. However, you're beginning to understand that, in the Neverwas, Dark does not necessarily imply evil. Therefore you have no qualms about shooting a fiery ball of darkness to destroy the other small rectangle. Unfortunately for you, it's not destroyed just yet, but has clearly taken some damage.

Rectangle Rocker: You know what you have to do.

The largest rectangle is clearly distressed over the loss of its friend (comrade? companion?), and takes out this emotion by raising itself into the air and crashing down towards Taric! Taric manages to step out of the way before getting crushed, but is grazed by the attack nonetheless! He takes a moment to regain his footing and composure.

Cycle Three

Rocking Rectangle 2: Defend yourself!

The other small rectangle gets into a defensive stance, backs away and builds up its defensive power for the entirety of next turn. Its Defense Power will be 1 when the upcoming turn starts!

Taric: Light Thrust!

You try to charge up a Light Thrust like the other world's Super Taric could, but unfortunately, it fizzes and putters out. You're just not attune to the laws of the Neverwas yet!

Ochita: Imbue your lance with shadow.

You charge up a lance attack with the shadowy power given to you by your arrival into the Neverwas... and the burst towards the second small rectangle! Its defensive build-up hasn't kicked in yet, and Ochita's shadowlance goes critical with power! The rectangle shatters into hundreds of pieces before disappearing completely!

Rectangle Rocker: Imitate the recently deceased.

The largest rectangle, now realizing there's no way it can win this fight, gets into a defensive position, preparing itself for any attack that could hit. It knows it's going to die. Or explode in a burst of light. Or just whatever it is that happens when you can't make it in the Neverwas. The rectangle's Defense Power will be 2 for the entirety of the next turn!

Player List

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rectangle Rocker (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

In some contexts, this fight would make the Neverwas heroes look as thugs. However, they're fighting to save someone else. And that someone looks like they're also from the Kingdom!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:01:59 pm by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 27, 2011, 03:33:09 pm »

Attack with Starburst/Starlance/Light thrust.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Intermission 1C: Shattering Like Glass
« Reply #656 on: August 27, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »

I suppose that strategy does work for such an early battle.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 27, 2011, 04:11:39 pm »

Frail curse/ Dark fireball/ Shadowlance.

(Also, sorry for not being here, but I'm back now.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »

Why is the Rectangle Rocker named Ochita?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »

Why is the Rectangle Rocker named Ochita?

Because I'm aaaaaa

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 122