Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220610 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 25, shadow tendril energy beams.
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:57 pm »

Oh, right.

Anyway, this looks like a short fight thanks to BOO ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

"My plan was foolproof, except for that last part! Time to engage in a mellifluous healing meditation!

-OOOOOHM-"

Action: Heal on self!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2011, 04:01:04 pm »

Well, that didn't work out...
Power Attack the left tendril.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:03 pm »

Bradley smiled with an adorable fang hanging out of the corner of his mouth. Admittedly these fangs could, if used properly, end the life of anything he felt like nomming on but he generally didn't bite people. Plants, on the other hand, were certainly not people and he felt like he might try it after the battle. In any case, the power Taric had given him and the fact he couldn't actually see the plant looking at him were huge confidence boosters... sort of like hanging around in the dark, where he could feel other lifeforms around him by sensing their 'aliveness,' which is why he and other Boos for the most part enjoyed the shadows and such.

He contemplated his new abilities and eventually decided on the one that would help his friends the most: the Lifestream Beam! By taking out the tendrils his allies wouldn't get slapped around quite so much. He leveled the wand at the Piranha and fired!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

I had to think about Bradley's super-design long and hard until I remembered how REAL magic itself is represented in the Mario series proper: with basic geometric shapes, of course!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 11, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »

What's-her-face style. Kammy Koopa? I don't remember the name but I know who you're talking about. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 11, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »

Depends on the game. Kammy in Paper, Kamek in Yoshi's Island and others, just Magikoopa in some.

Preparing a rockin' animation for the next turn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 11, 2011, 04:47:17 pm »

Hmm. Didn't Wendy O. Koopa also use magic in SMB3 or World? ???

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 11, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »

Her, as well as some of the other Koopalings.
And Bowser is also a wizard in the early games, I think.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 11, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »

What's-her-face style. Kammy Koopa? I don't remember the name but I know who you're talking about. :3
Wendy O. Koopa? The only other boss I can think of who uses geometric shapes (outlines of a star; not "basic", but common) as weapons is from a Kirby game.

EDIT: Dammit, ninjas. I guess that's what I get for looking for the name of the boss in the second link.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

Don't forget the wand power in Kirby Superstar, Applesauce. ^^ You could fire little spheres with it with run+Y button, iirc.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 11, 2011, 05:45:56 pm »

Spoiler: Hmmm... (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 26: The little scale that tipped
« Reply #537 on: August 12, 2011, 09:52:32 am »

Turn 26

Time: Morning
Weather: Sunny with a chance of shadow monsters
Light: Some

Turn Intro

The King is proving to be a potent foe, but that doesn't mean our heroes don't have some tricks of their own up theirs sleeves. With Bradley in a form that's charged with raw magic, and the rest of the team flailing wildly, it's likely that the shadowy King will see this as a perfect oppotunity to pick someone off...

Heroes Minus One (Taric, Red, Bradley, Oomph, Fuzz)
VS
Shadowy Forest King (Corrupted King Piranha, Left Tendril, Right Tendril)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Turn results

Fuzz: Power strike! Smack the left tendril!

No more messing around! You charge up your giant maul with raw energy, run towards the King's left shadowy tendril and let rip your Power Attack! The King clearly makes an attempt to pull the tendril back as you strike, but your powerful maul knocks it unsteady! 3 damage! It begins to dissipate, but not completely.

Oomph: Verily, heal thyself!

You casteth yonder heal spell, waving your hands to and fro as your murmur a lovesick incantation for bodily repair. Unfortunately, the healing spell works backwards! You just don't know how to do it right! A bunch of swirly green lights flash before your eyes. You feel stupider somehow. Fuzz is giving you nervous glances. It's pretty easy to tell he's worried about you. You lose 2 MP.

Spoiler: Miracles (click to show/hide)

Right Tendril: Attack the attacker!

With Fuzz's recent attack, he's in easy reach of both of the King's shadow tendrils. The Right Tendril, unable to fire off another shadow beam, just sort of slaps Fuzz around. This comes out of nowhere in Fuzz's point-of-view, but he manages to dodge away to the side anyway, taking no damage at all!

Red: Keep shelling.

You hide in your shell so hard it could be considered an EXTREME SPORT: HARDCORE SHELLHIDING. That's right no one will get you here. You get +2 to AV this turn instead of +1! EXTREEEEME! You feel like you've learned something from this EXTREME endeavor. You're two 6's away from Shell Spin!

Corrupted King Piranha: DRAIN THE SHINY ONE.

The King turns his gaze Taric-ward. The armored one made the ghosty one able to damage him! His life must be drained! Suddenly, the King's shadow-petals shake, and Taric feels his life force is just slipping away. Taric has lost 5 HP, and Corrupted King Piranha has been restored to full health!

Spoiler: Shadow Drain (click to show/hide)

Left Tendril: Continue the assult with an energy beam!

The King's other tendril points straight towards taric, and charges up! Then, suddenly, it shoots a burst of fiery darkness at Taric in the same way the other one did to Oomph! Taric reels, and takes 2 damage, backing up inch by inch until he falls on his side. He wasn't expecting two attacks in a row!

Taric: Stab the left tendril!

You're not going down with a fight. You get back up on your feet and pull your Starlance back as you run! Then, suddenly, you burst through the King's left tendril with your lance held forward, completely destroying it! Well, that was easy.

Bradley: LIFESTREAM BEAM!

There's only one way you can truly help your friends now. You charge a massive quantity of your own life force into your Boogician Wand, then fly backwards and take aim. With a mighty, frightening humming from the heavens, your wands lets loose an incredible energy beam, blasting through King Piranha and his shadowy tendril!
-Corrupted King Piranha is entirely blindsided by this, and also weak to it! He takes 7 points of damage! Alright!
-His remaining tendril is completely destroyed by the blast!

You feel empowered. Who knew you were able to cause such destruction? You lose 3 EX, but it was worth it!

Battle Combatants

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

Finally! The King may have had the advantage at first, but things are looking up for the heroes. No one goes without a fight in the Mushroom Kingdom, though, and the King is no exception! Hopefully, the heroes will prevail without any casualties!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:06:55 am by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 12, 2011, 09:57:34 am »

You forgot to update Thick Shell.

Aerial assault go!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 12, 2011, 10:00:56 am »

You forgot to update Thick Shell.

Aerial assault go!

No I didn't. You didn't get a 6 on Thick Shell, you got a 6 on hiding with Shell Cover.

To get Thick Shell upgraded, not only does your attacker have to fail the pre-roll, but you have to get a natural 6 on your defense roll.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 122