Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220654 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 70: Just Realized: Two flashes in a row
« Reply #1470 on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:32 am »

"C-Can you t-tell me one?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:55 am »

"All rights!

What did the Boo say when he floated out of his grave, and into a restaurant?

"Waitress, give me a cold, stiff drink!"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 06, 2012, 10:43:41 am »

Bradley facepalmed, although he was trying not to smile at how rotten that joke was. Great, now I'm subconsciously punning. Aloud, he said,

"D-Do you have any, um, ones about K-Koopa Troopas?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:29 am »

"Alright-why do Koopas wear shells?

Because buckets would just look silly!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 06, 2012, 11:05:23 am »

"That's true! And shells l-look better t-too. Hey, I got one. Why do Toads get invited to all the best parties?

Because they're fungus!"
Bradley said happily, throwing his arms wide as if he expected massive applause. After a few seconds of silence he quickly backpedaled.

"F-Fungus, fun g-guys...? ...mmhm..." he said with a sigh at how terrible that one was.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 06, 2012, 11:41:01 am »

((Messaged CJ. Also, oh no, Author's Author Prophets. What have I done?))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:41 am »

"Oh Author, how I would like to ┘Д╪з┘╧ь╖ and then with the О╩©ь╖ы└ь╔, but even with these void walking powers, it seems I cannot get to you just yet."

He then laughed uproarestly at bradleys joke, despite there being no humor in his laughter.

"At least you tried, which is better than nothing, ahehaha."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:26 am »

((Also, width=100 after the image tags if you feel the faces are too large :P))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 06, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »

((Uh...Can you guys like...all die? Like....Right now?  :D))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

There's some food for some more philosophical thought... what happens when a Boo dies?

Is a Boo a ghost or just a ghost-like creature (like ghost-type Pokémon)?

It seems that the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion were generally ghost-like creatures and not actual ghosts with (maybe?) the exception of the Portrait Ghosts... but two of the Portrait Ghosts were Boos... so does that classify them as ghosts or were they simply powerful enough to warrant a stronger means of containment...

On that, if a Boo is only a ghost-like creature then dying would be a rather simple method of dying like anything else, but if a Boo is a ghost (that is to say a spirit of someone already dead) then would dying cause the Boo to simply disappear from reality altogether or would they have a post-afterlife experience.

I personally would classify Boos as being a ghost-like creature (that is a living creature with ghost-like traits and abilities) as that would keep things simpler, but if that is true... I wonder would Bradley be afraid of actual ghosts? (Ghosts are proven to be capable of being quite dangerous in Luigi's Mansion and that one Toad Ghost in Paper Mario TTYD could give you an instant Game Over if ticked off.) In fact, could all Boos be afraid of actual ghosts? (It could explain why in Luigi's Mansion you can't find Boos in rooms with Portrait Ghosts currently occupying them.)

Well, now I'm thinking too deeply about the world of the Mushroom Kingdom.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:22 pm »

((There are three things that can happen when you die, two of which haven't been shown yet. Same applies to everyone from Boos to the shadow creatures.

Technically, Red "died," but we haven't revisited him yet.))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:15:12 pm by freeformschooler »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »

((Like...no! :D))

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:18 am »

((OK. Really sorry I've been missing for so long. The last two days or so, I knew it had updated because I saw I'd gotten PMs about it. But college was kind of being insane. But prior to that, I was just a complete lunkhead who never noticed it had updated before it slinked to the second page, and automatically assumed nothing had happened. Major derp.))

Dirk: Normally you'd press any button that needs pressing, and that button REALLY looks like it needs pressed, but this guy looks like he's checking for danger. After he's done checking for danger, and assuming there is none, fire an arrow at the button.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 71: Sorry, Fuzzy :P
« Reply #1483 on: November 17, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »

Turn 71!
Weather: Indoors
Time: Morning
Light: WHATEVER

"Oomph have many good ideas here. Maybe stone slot fit torch to cast light, or little symbols get moved, or maybe Oomph defy author by destroying door with strong-ness!"

Action: Light mah torch!

And, try the following things.

1. See if my torch will fit the in the cat-ear looking stone slot.
2. Check if the Moon and Arrow symbols from the previous room can be removed from the wall or manipulated somehow
3. Try to bash the door open with my club
4. Sneak up on Bradley and scare him, barking like a dog

... Oomph decides to enact a series of puzzle stuff stress tests. He rubs his torched across his head real fast, causing it to light for reasons inscrutinable to anyone. ... Feeling the slit in the Catstone was a perfect container, he jams his Walltorch of Dramatic Tension into it. Oomph would later go down in history as, among other things, the one Koopa dumb and/or brilliant enough to somehow fit a circle stick in a rectangle hole.

After heading back to the previous room, he pulls on the gold-plated wall indentations, but they don't budge! The Koopa Crusader (?) then hops over to the liquid-design door and slams it with a smashing hammer strike. ... Unfortunately, he is repelled back by the door upon striking it. A shiver slides down his spine.

Finally, he attempts to sneak up on Bradley, but the poor ghost has floated up to the ceiling out of reach!

Looking at the door, he had a gleeful idea, deciding that maybe he could and might as well just phase though the door, he did so.

... Ochita, giggling a little about the end of the world, attempts to phase through the door. However, he is instantly met with a freezing cold magic barrier! He keeps void-drilling his way    through the barrier as hard as he can, though, taking off EX points with every push. Within moments, against all expectation, Ochita finds himself on the other side of the door, standing on a large piece of stone with water around its edges.

Ochita has lost 8 LP.

There seems to be someone standing near a small empty fountain-like object at the other end of the platform. Wait, is that-

: "OCHITA!!!"

: "Oh man, I almost didn't recognize you. But your long girly hair and natural jumpiness were a dead giveaway."

Bradley floated up to the top of the room to make sure that rock really was secure and wasn't going to, say, fall and flatten anyone once they started messing with the glyphs on the wall. Then he obeyed Zach's request to go over to the glyphs and check them out too.

Floating up, Bradley notices the rock seems to actually be melded into the ceiling, and the glyphs point directly toward it. Hmm.

((I liked it, it definately fits with Zachary's curious nature and the dry humor does seem to fit him well.))

Use my torch to light up the room some more and check out those glyphs with the help of bradley. Then examine that rock and door looking thing more closely.

Zach pulls out his torch but, ... it won't seem to light. Just his luck. After Bradley examines the glyphs and stones, Zach takes a look at them himself. ... Examining closer, they pulsate very softly with white light around their rings. Looks like magic.

Joe: Make sure the moat isn't moving toward you. Also look at it to make sure that it's not full of sharks or something.
Dirk: Normally you'd press any button that needs pressing, and that button REALLY looks like it needs pressed, but this guy looks like he's checking for danger. After he's done checking for danger, and assuming there is none, fire an arrow at the button.

... Joe checks the moat for traps and such. Fortunately, it seems safe. There's just the little problem of swimming across.

... Dirk, on the other hand, eliminates the need to swim. He sends an arrow flying at the button, and a loud "CLICK" sound eminates from it. A bridge appears over the gap between the platform Dirk stands on and the room to the east! At the same time, on the other end of the platform, an enormous, gelatinous NEP-ENUT rises from the moat:

It doesn't seem particularly angry, though.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:14:32 am by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 71: Sorry, Fuzzy :P
« Reply #1484 on: November 17, 2012, 09:33:54 pm »

The Ochita: Damn you, Ochita. Damn you.

Hey I have the void on my side, that auto-anti plots for me!

"F..Fuzz?! H..How!?"

Ochita was shocked, wh-who-How was Fuzz in here!? After stopping a second to think, only more questions popped up, but mostly..

"Fuzz, its good to know that you're alive.. But just what is this place, how did you even get here?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 122