Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220752 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 64: Who needs television?
« Reply #1335 on: October 05, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »

Zach looked sceptical about the strange shy guy.

"How are you here without getting attacked by the shadowy shy guys? And what do you mean by fairer? What type of quizes do you do exactly? How much does this cost to play? What happens when I loose?"

Question the thing closely!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:49 pm »

Joe: Continue tagging along with the group. You know what happens if you split the party.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »

Zach looked sceptical about the strange shy guy.

"How are you here without getting attacked by the shadowy shy guys? And what do you mean by fairer? What type of quizes do you do exactly? How much does this cost to play? What happens when I loose?"

Question the thing closely!

: "Hmm-hmm-HMM! In order! One: I have NO IDEA! Two: our quizzes contain NO TRICK QUESTIONS! Thuuu-REE: Quiznocorp exists in a pocket dimension that runs excellent quizzes for paying viewers!" Guy Quizno stopped at the fourth question and thought for a minute. "Four: The first try is free, but if you want another go, you can either find someone else to play or lay down a MAGICAL ITEM offer void in Dry Dry Desert! And finally: nothing except the expiration of your FREE try!"

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »

Dirk looked around at the place and shrugged. "You know, I was in Boston about forty minutes ago. And now I'm in an underground tunnel with a waterfall with a ghost and a guy that is apparently so dedicated to the stoner's life, he wears mushroom hats. Did I make someone mad or something? Someone really important and maybe a wizard?

Explore to the West. You're not entirely sure you're ready to deal with the fact there is a ghost you must interact with just yet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:05:38 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:32 pm »

"Don't forget Oomph-Super Hero Koopa Baller!" Oomph reminded Dirk.

"Also, what is Bawst-On? Oomph not been to that place, and he's been to lots of places except that one.

Also, whats a minute? And a Stoner?"

Oomph prepared to wall run up and snag one of the Torches.
"Those are Wall Torches, they burn forever I think-Old Boss Bowser use them in castle for ambient lighting.

Be useful to be grabbing now."

Action: Grab one of the torches off the wall
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:16:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 05, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

Bradley put his hand in the water to see if he would pass through it, since he was ghostly. But he wasn't brave enough to follow the river back to its source by himself, so after doing so he just turned around and hid behind Oomph.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 05, 2012, 11:56:58 pm »

"Alright, I'll give it a shot."

Accept a quiz! Look through my inventory for magical items that I might have.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:43 am »

Dirk listened to Oopmh speak, and silently reminded himself that he'd forgotten to mention the talking turtle.

"Boston is where a bunch of angry people are cramped in a really small space, with nothing to do but watch sports no one actually likes. And a stoner is like a normal person, but lazy, they smell weird, and usually a lot more fun to be around."

As much as the rational sections of his mind to ignore any and all advice received from likely imaginary talking turtles, some light did seem like a good idea.

Grab a torch off the wall before you go exploring.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 65: QUIZ SHOW TIME!
« Reply #1343 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:26 pm »

Turn 65!
Weather: Sunny with a chance of *thing happening this or next turn*
Time: For a game show. Maybe.
Light: Clouded over

"Alright, I'll give it a shot."

Accept a quiz! Look through my inventory for magical items that I might have.

Zachary searches his inventory for magical items. However, he finds none. Even his gleaming bronze blade is only top-quality, not magical. Maybe he could bum a magical item off one of his allies later.

: "Oooh, DANDY! Step right up and enter the pipe, please!"

The table in front of GUY QUIZNO morphs into a WARP PIPE before Zach's eyes, and the purple host hops in. Zachary does so too.

Wop, wop, wop...

Dirk listened to Oopmh speak, and silently reminded himself that he'd forgotten to mention the talking turtle.

"Boston is where a bunch of angry people are cramped in a really small space, with nothing to do but watch sports no one actually likes. And a stoner is like a normal person, but lazy, they smell weird, and usually a lot more fun to be around."

As much as the rational sections of his mind to ignore any and all advice received from likely imaginary talking turtles, some light did seem like a good idea.

Grab a torch off the wall before you go exploring.
Bradley put his hand in the water to see if he would pass through it, since he was ghostly. But he wasn't brave enough to follow the river back to its source by himself, so after doing so he just turned around and hid behind Oomph.
"Don't forget Oomph-Super Hero Koopa Baller!" Oomph reminded Dirk.

"Also, what is Bawst-On? Oomph not been to that place, and he's been to lots of places except that one.

Also, whats a minute? And a Stoner?"

Oomph prepared to wall run up and snag one of the Torches.
"Those are Wall Torches, they burn forever I think-Old Boss Bowser use them in castle for ambient lighting.

Be useful to be grabbing now."

Action: Grab one of the torches off the wall

Back inside the ruin-dungeon, Oomph and Dirk each grab a Wall Torch before going their separate ways. ... Bradley lets the water run over his hand, and finds that it passed through him like most liquids did. He's too chicken to explore the rest of the waterway, though, so he floats away and hides behind Oomph.

Joe, Dirk and Ochita head west to further explore the dungeon. They find another protruding doorway leading north, and a wooden chest lying on a raised platform with steps leading to it. However, there were dark grey, circular objects sticking out of the wall all around it. Hmm...

Meanwhile, in another dimension...

: "Helllloooo, viewers! Welcome, welcome, to yet another round of the 46th seasonal GUY QUIZNO QUIZ SHOW!"

: "Our contestant today, a Human hailing from the Mushroom Kingdom, what did you say his name was oh right ZACHARY JONES! Will he leave with the ARTIFACT OF HIS CHOICE? Or will he be marked into the GUY QUIZNO HALL OF SHAME? On with the rules!"

: "Zachary, you will have FOUR QUESTIONS to answer in order of increasing difficulty! You may get ONE wrong, but if you get TWO wrong then the game is UP! If you answer three or more right, you will leave with the ARTIFACT of your choice! Now, the first question..."

: "The category is: FAUNA! Zachary: what's large, spherical and can never, ever be allowed to escape?"

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

No rolls required this turn, I think. Kinda dumb. I might as well move this to FG&R proper :P Plenty next turn, though! Anyway, Zachary can finished the quiz show between turns if he wants.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:33:27 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 65: QUIZ SHOW TIME!
« Reply #1344 on: October 06, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »

"Chest? Cheesst."

Get close to the chest, being careful about it, and pry it open with my spear.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 06, 2012, 12:50:59 pm »

"Before I give my answer, I have a question. Since you are a dimension hopping quiz show, it's not fair if the answers are those based in other dimensions, which would be defined as trick questions which you said you don't do. Are all the answers based on my own dimension?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 06, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »

"Oomph have brilliant brain idea." The Koopa said, putting his tiny mind to use. He began looping the end of the blooper whip around the torches handle...

Action: Tie the end of my blooper whip to the wall torch. FLAMING BLOOPER WHIP!

Then catch up with Dirk and Co.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:10 pm »

"Before I give my answer, I have a question. Since you are a dimension hopping quiz show, it's not fair if the answers are those based in other dimensions, which would be defined as trick questions which you said you don't do. Are all the answers based on my own dimension?"

: "Oooh, technically, a POCKET DIMENSION is just any space larger on the inside than it is on the outside! If you walked out right now, you'd be right back where we started! So yes: all answers are based on your own dimension!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 06, 2012, 01:45:31 pm »

"Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. And when you say large, how large exactly and large when compared to what? A human sized boulder is large to a fly, but not to a giant after all. Some sense of scale please?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 06, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »

"Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. And when you say large, how large exactly and large when compared to what? A human sized boulder is large to a fly, but not to a giant after all. Some sense of scale please?"

: "Like I say: no trick questions! If I said large and I meant large to a fly, that would be a nasty trick!"
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 122