Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220755 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 63: Now with more pixels
« Reply #1320 on: October 01, 2012, 01:34:42 am »

"In here, Oomph," Bradley responded absently as he floated up to the source of the waterfall to investigate. Maybe there was a grill up there that had useful items caught in it?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 01, 2012, 07:45:39 am »

You know, I just realized that this game's 1-year anniversary passed while it was on ultmate hiatus. There must be a room with birthday cake in it.

EDIT: Also new title image because img.ie ate the old one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:25:43 am by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:14 pm »

New title, nice :P

Oomph and Bradely got front page.

*High five's Sercon*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

(Of course they did, they're basically the mascots of the whole thing. XD And are you always spelling it Bradely on purpose?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »

(Yes, they are the mascots. Also, I would just like everyone to know that the target number for finding items lying around places where it's not obvious there should be some is usually about 20.)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »

Do I sense a greater inter-weaving of characters from MKW and LQ?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45:59 pm »

(Oh, I'm not worried about finding anything, freeform. I'm just searching just to be doing something until everyone else catches up, because: as me, I don't want to run off to far ahead and get Bradley killed, and as Bradley, he's too scared to run off very far ahead and get killed in the first place. ^^^)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 02, 2012, 11:16:16 pm »

(I encourage searching for stuff anyway, I just don't want anyone to feel like there's a dearth of actions. Future side view rooms should have more stuff to do in them.)

Do I sense a greater inter-weaving of characters from MKW and LQ?

This was the whole idea anyway. Luckily, anyone who hasn't read LQ doesn't already know THE MAIN SPOILER

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 03, 2012, 03:29:03 pm »

Ochita looked up to see bradley heading off somewhere. Brushing himself down, he shrugs and sets off to where bradleys gone.

Follow bradley!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 03, 2012, 06:25:12 pm »

Seeing everyone else is touching this strange block, do the same, in case that's important. Try and figure out where the crazy ghost-thing went, and follow it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:43 pm »

(And are you always spelling it Bradely on purpose?)

Oomph never gets that name right. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 03, 2012, 07:09:21 pm »

Follow-up Action: If Joe gets within five feet, hightail it in the opposite direction. You don't like the look about him.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:14 pm »

Follow-up Action: If Joe gets within five feet, hightail it in the opposite direction. You don't like the look about him.

(Bolded actions is the appropriate way to roleplay with Joe. Turn incoming maybe tomorrow, but I have a job upcoming that evening.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 64: Who needs television?
« Reply #1333 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »

Turn 64!
Weather: Sunny with a chance of *thing happening this or next turn*
Time: For a game show. Maybe.
Light: Clouded over

Seeing everyone else is touching this strange block, do the same, in case that's important. Try and figure out where the crazy ghost-thing went, and follow it.
Ochita looked up to see bradley heading off somewhere. Brushing himself down, he shrugs and sets off to where bradleys gone.

Follow bradley!
Joe: Cautiously punch save block, then follow the new guy. Attempt to make your suspicions of him less obvious. Fail miserably.
Oomph went over to where the wimpy ghost had wandered off to.

"Wimpy Ghost? Where are youuu?" Oomph echoed into the cave.

Action: Follow Bradely into the Pixel Zone
"In here, Oomph," Bradley responded absently as he floated up to the source of the waterfall to investigate. Maybe there was a grill up there that had useful items caught in it?

Dirk, Joe, Oomph and Ochita headed into the Pixel Zone, but Joe and Dirk hit the save block before they enter, healing up. However, just as they got all prepared to be PIXELIZED and awesome-looking, the Author decided that was way too much work and reverted them back to overhead map form. Joe and Dirk kept their distance from each other.

They found themselves in a temple-like maze in the back of the Ice Palace. Bradley could be seen investigating small water flow to the south. Just beyond him, a small door lead back to the east to an unknown location. To the west of the heroes, the path continued down some stairs, and a few small pillars could be seen in the distance.

... Bradley investigated the small waterfall hewn near the dungeon's ceiling. The water seemed to be coming from somewhere far away, and the pool below the bridge wasn't rising, so it must be flowing somewhere else from there. He didn't see any treasures or grills or anything, though.

Zach headed north.

Near the cliff's edge, a lone SHY GUY - similar-looking to those GHAST GUYS earlier - waited behind a wooden platform.

"HEY THERE, visitor," shouted the purple SHY GUY as he floated upwards and spun around in the air. "Would you like a FREE try at our famous QUIZ SHOW? For I'm..."

"GUY QUIZNO, THE TRAVELING QUIZ GUY!" He lowered his voice a little. "Compared to our competitor, CHUCK QUIZMO, our quizzes are fairer and our prizes are grander! So what do say, give it a spin?"

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'm trying to kick the habit of delaying the game with COOL STUFF. The pixels will still be used for Flashes and certain special rooms, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:21:08 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 64: Who needs television?
« Reply #1334 on: October 05, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »

Ochita started to rub the back of his head, a slight buzzing feeling was starting to spread there, before just fading away. Shrugging, he decides to keep up with the group.

"Well, we should find the star, and maybe we could go in 2 groups of 3?"

Go to the west.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 122