Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress : Multi-player Edition  (Read 65202 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress : Multi-player Edition
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2011, 05:05:34 am »

its annoying when some people have no sense of aesthetics

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:29 am »

Change title of thread. I completely ignored it due to this title. I read it only thanks to sig.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2011, 11:54:18 am »

Why is noone on?

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:09 pm »

Taking Server 1 down for maintenance.  Won't take too long.

YetAnotherStupidDorf, what would make a better thread title?  "Failfort with an audience" ?

EDIT: Nevermind, some people are on there and flashed their sad puppy eyes at me.  Maint is delayed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:24:55 pm by Carnes »
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »

It looks like some people are trying out Adventure Mode. They hadn't actually started yet when I left; but I'd think Adventure Mode would be really slow-going. Keystroke lag / transfer time being the main reason.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »

In a brief attempt at adventure mode, it wasn't very slow at all.  It was actually rather fast.  Death travels far faster than lag.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »

I just started using this and it's great! The only problem is that my power glitched while I was in there and I think I'm still logged in.  Sorry to the other person who was in there.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »

Hm, I hear steam works okay-ish on wine. Can DFterm run with Linux? I'd love to take part in this.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2011, 07:24:53 am »

Today when i played, the fort had 30ish dorfs. Everyone dehydrating and tantruming because there were no water on map.
While population was rapidly decreasing one dorf murdered his fella and made a floodgate out of her bones. He became legendary bonecrafter and is currently only one alive in the fortress of Pregnancy of Buttocks.

Edit: He got tired of that miserable death pit and starved himself to death
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:26:33 am by dwarfhoplite »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:05 am »

Hm, I hear steam works okay-ish on wine. Can DFterm run with Linux? I'd love to take part in this.
DFterm works just fine with Linux; it's a bit more difficult, though, and prone to more issues. It may be slightly harder to get running.
As long as you can do Steam chat, you've gotten its full DF:MP functionality. The game is Steam independent and has its own chat window.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2011, 02:15:51 am »

The number of online servers just doubled: http://cityofminds.info:800/dfmp/registry.php

Muiro's server is running on "real" hardware and has "real" bandwidth.  So, we need to stress test it.. see if we can melt it (like you all do to mine).  Takes notes for Muiro about anything in the init that might need changing.  Is the lag better or worse?  Is the FPS better or worse?  If you don't want to edit configs, you can redownload DFMP.zip from the usual places.

He made small talk about getting a server functioning on Amazon's cloud and writing up something about it for the forum.  Should be interesting!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2011, 07:10:52 am »

Today when i played, the fort had 30ish dorfs. Everyone dehydrating and tantruming because there were no water on map.
I played just before you, I think, although me and someone else (Terry? I think?) did fix some booze and some bedrooms to alleviate the tantruming. It's fun playing together. We also each claimed a tantruming guy, I wonder if they died yet.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2011, 08:09:13 pm »

If by DFterm you mean the server software, dfterm2, it compiled cleanly when I first looked at it a while back. I didn't get a chance to test it, because DF is a bit memory-intensive for my computer. Instead, if you mean DF:MP, it runs great on Linux, and you're welcome.

DizzyFoxkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2011, 06:50:43 pm »

steam works alright on wine, and getting onto the multiplayer isn't very hard for linux, since all we need to do is install Carnes fonts, and use our own putty manager.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

Interesting. I may have to check this out at some point.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19