Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Community  (Read 7972 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Community
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:58 am »

It's cramped in the bunker. You recently bumped your head on the ceiling, and can not remember what has happened over the months you've spent here. Strangely, this seems to also have happened to all of your friends.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules of the game: There will be eight players, all of which will apply in the form of a reply. You can be either a robot, regular human, or a mutant. Name, details of mutant abilities/robotic features will be in the application. First apply, first serve. Mutants must have some kind of disability to make up for their positive power. In the applications will be votes as to the history of the situation. Maybe a nuclear war has sparked? Perhaps robots have rebelled, and only a select few have remained loyal to their human masters? You decide. (Not to say the choice is restricted to those two situations.) The goal will be to build a functioning town/community in the midst of disaster.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully this will be fun.
Apply now!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:47:13 am »

So... Like:
Name: Tim
Type: Human
Special powers: ... No  :'(
Bio:Tim was a tramp before the disaster, he used to spend his days begging for money. Now he's one of a small number of survivors left... Which means that compared to the rest of humanity he's technically doing pretty well for himself. Technically.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:56:21 am »

Name: Briar Charleson
Type: Human
Special Powers: Besides being one hell of a charismatic guy, none.
Bio: Briar was a salesman before the (instert setting here), now he is trying to desperately survive.

I suggest Robot Takeover!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:09:55 am »

Name: TC-100101
Type: Robot
Special powers: Self-repair, heat sensors, high level calculating ability
Bio: ERROR: UNAUTHORISED ACCESS
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:55:22 am »

Name: Josef.
Former Job: Police Officer.
Past Few Months: A Nuclear War happened between all the nations of Earth, causing 99.99% of humanity to die out.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:02:02 am »

So far the suggestions have been robot takeover and nuclear war... Robo-Nuclear war anyone?
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:08:24 am »

Nuclear war, then robots decided to take over the world.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:54:52 am »

Name: Mr Hatz (HAT-810)
Type: Robot hat maker
Special powers: Self Repair (nanites[auto-repair]), make Headwear (any), 99.997% accurate
Bio: A robot that made hats but wished to make gloves ("gasp"[if robots could do that]) which made him a traitor to robot kind and so must be destroyed, but he left. told of in robot legend as the one who wanted something different.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:56:43 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 10:07:28 am »

Name: Ricardo
Type: Mutant
Special Powers: Powerful telepath and psychic, pretty intelligent
Disadvantage: No arms or legs, pretty ugly, but not deformed
Bio: Ricardo has always been used to isolation.  His rich father did his best to shield his son from the prejudice and cruelty of the world, but Ricardo could always see the fear and disgust in the minds of other humans.

Yeah, a robo-nuclear war sounds nice. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »

C'mon, just two more applications, and we can get this going.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 08:19:52 pm »

Well... Since we need to speed things along... Why not make two spots open throughout, and we can get started?

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

We can't go with just one mutant!

Name: Crisanto Arborman (nickname = Chris)
Type: Mutant
Special Powers: Part plant. Can bask in sun for nutrition, but must still eat to survive. Can improve plant growth and productivity.
Disadvantage: Part plant. All limbs are somewhat rigid. Cannot walk very fast. Little trouble grasping things.
Bio: Crisanto was mutated artificially - he was born with a rare and potentially fatal condition. His experimental treatment involved injections of nanobots carrying plant cells, which doctors hoped would release vital proteins his body could not make. The treatment had unexpected side-effects, to say the least. Crisanto's blood has become a grayish green, and small drops of it have been found to permanently improve plant growth.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:10:50 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 08:21:56 pm »

Well... Since we need to speed things along... Why not make two spots open throughout, and we can get started?

Maybe we start with the robots "awakening" the humans from a sort of cryo-sleep. Two are left, because it "is not their time" or whatever.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »

Maybe we start with the robots "awakening" the humans from a sort of cryo-sleep. Two are left, because it "is not their time" or whatever.

Or a dramatic entrance from the outside?

Still, let's get started.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:04:51 pm »

I put my character stuff up. I'm some stupid plant guy.

Also, about the plot... can we add zombies?
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8