Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Happiness levels of other races  (Read 629 times)

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Happiness levels of other races
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:26:16 pm »

Is it possible to affect happiness levels of other races to the point of tantruming?

I happen to be working on a structure that is over a ground area outside of my control. That means that sometimes, merchants outside of my control area but under the structure die to goblins, leading to miasma right near the goblins. I'm just wondering if they will ever tantrum against themselves.
=Uncool-

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Happiness levels of other races
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:38:12 pm »

No, but traders can go insane in the right circumstances.
Needless to say, people have captured elves they drove insane and unleashed them on the next caravan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »

Any caravan that fails to leave the map will go insane.  This includes getting locked at the depot, getting locked in on the way to the depot, and getting trapped in a security door mid-siege and going insane during the 4 month ordeal.  This includes animals, but not guards.  I've gladly kept caravan guards in dry murky pools for decades.  I don't know if a caravan member will go berzerk, I can't remember if I've seen any do so before, but they go melancholy and stark-raving easily enough.

Outside of that, no.  Food, drink, sleep, happiness, etc.  The higher-living things are unique to your civilization, and any wild animals or non-civ members who come into the map will completely ignore these.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »

Actually they will go berserk, and that's exactly why we put cage traps around the depot for the elves. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.