Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Markets-Next release  (Read 2062 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Markets-Next release
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 07:21:27 am »

If Toady doesn't sidetrack too much (which he always do) I think we may be in Release 3 by the end of the year.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 07:38:05 am »

There will be feature creep. I am fine with it, provided it would force additional "release and bugfix" cycle. Sadly, it will not.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

iEpinephrine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:02 am »

Hmm.. markets..
Well I'd like items to get stored in an appropriate manner, from the screenshots it looks like there are pig tail fiber stocks just piled up all over the floor.  Obviously this might just be cause they're not blinking... we'll see, i'd love cabinets and armour stands to store items properly...
Aside from that, having people at markets with goods, to sell, is all I want for the moment. 
Way further down the track I would love to have snatches of conversation overheard as you pass by or messages telling you that you notice an urchin stealing a loaf of bread, or a patrolling guard getting bribed by a noble, and for the small possibility to see something truly rare and exciting.  e.g In a small human town you find a tame beakdog, or the steel sword of a dwarven king, for sale by a wandering trader and you know it got there in some logical but fascinating manner, and can trace its history from the swamp or mountain it came from, because it was all recorded by the game.
"This button makes your dwarves less retarded"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 07:55:30 am »

With the current development schedule, around two years (according to devlog). But Toady said that he is going to review and change that since it's too long, so I bet from 6 months to a year.
Err, no, the two year thing was about completing the sponsorship animal drive at the current pace, not the town map release. That'll be a few weeks, depending on how markets go, and whether Toady wants to continue with night creatures before/after that.
I know that he meant the whole sponsorship release, but still I bet that the whole catacomb/market/stuff release we are waiting for will come not sooner than a few months, probably half a year.

I'd love to get it tomorrow, but I've decided for myself that it's better to prepare for long waits and be surprised than to wait for something which never comes out when you expect it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 08:31:36 am »

Towns and markets will affect only adventure mode gameplay until we get real time economy working?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 11:18:29 am »

Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)

More on the topic, I'd kind of like to see if market people could talk about their home hamlets if they aren't citizens of the city. Market chatter and events would be cool, but I suspect they have to wait at least for release 2. Also, no more "knap a few dozen spearheads and sell them all at the same price" would be nice, but I suspect that's release 9.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 11:55:02 am »

G cancels read thread: Went beserk on Wyrm.
...Huh?
GreatWyrmGold cancels Understand Thread: hitty40 too insane.
Sorry, but...what bdoes that mean?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 12:02:16 pm »

With the current development schedule, around two years (according to devlog). But Toady said that he is going to review and change that since it's too long, so I bet from 6 months to a year.
Err, no, the two year thing was about completing the sponsorship animal drive at the current pace, not the town map release. That'll be a few weeks, depending on how markets go, and whether Toady wants to continue with night creatures before/after that.
I know that he meant the whole sponsorship release, but still I bet that the whole catacomb/market/stuff release we are waiting for will come not sooner than a few months, probably half a year.

I'd love to get it tomorrow, but I've decided for myself that it's better to prepare for long waits and be surprised than to wait for something which never comes out when you expect it :).

Right there with ya. 2010 version's timing (aka The Big Wait) has taught us well.

As for the thread topic, I find the whole idea of supply and demand global economy stuff incredibly cool. Spamming glass mugs shouldn't necessarily be so exploit-ey. Although if it could get you known as a maker of fine mugs, with traders coming from far and wide because they WANT your particular product, that would be awesome. That's what I want. Well, that and restacking coins for adventure mode.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 12:35:53 pm »

...Huh?

Was attempting to rerail the thread. :D
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »

...Huh?

Was attempting to rerail the thread. :D
How did that comment do so? In fact, it's helped rederail the thread as I tried to figure out why the first letter of my name would go berserk on the middle part.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]