Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d question: How do I prevent the world from going into the age of heroes?  (Read 864 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

The age of heroes is the age where powerful beasts are starting to become extinct. It ALWAYS seems to happen and I have no clue as to how I can stop it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Make worldgen end sooner.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Make worldgen end sooner.
That's what I do. The age of heroes seems to kick in about 200 years in.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try ending sooner than that. In my experience 40d never liked going on for much past 200 anyway.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile

Is that the age where most megabeasts are dead? You can always modify them to be more dangerous/larger/etc to increase their ability to kill/survive. Would that suffice for your purposes?
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Is that the age where most megabeasts are dead? You can always modify them to be more dangerous/larger/etc to increase their ability to kill/survive. Would that suffice for your purposes?
That sounds good to me.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

give megabeasts [CANLEARN] and [NOPAIN] and [NOEXERTION], maybe increase their size too.  Lack of stats and criticals are what get megabeasts killed, but you can't do much about criticals. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...