Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance OOC Thread (Lets build some NPCs!)  (Read 7458 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance OOC Thread (Lets build some NPCs!)
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:10 pm »

Yeah, and Spain had a history of not being very tolerant of people who didn't feel like being Catholic, so I don't think worshiping pagan gods would go over well with my fellow countrymen.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

That's what I'm there to do, Dwarmin. ^^ But yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:39 pm »

Swords, Armor Use, Rifles. Sounds about right since that's all I really used during the first day. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

Kriegaxt feels he learned...

Language (Ancient Greenskin): His entire conversation with Lug was done in this Language. He was relaxed, taking written notes, and had Mayta to translate-he was also carrying the book of Greenskin languages in his haversack.

Language (Ancient Runespeak): He translated several sorts of runic weapons-from the cart, the skeletons weapons and the weapons on Lugs walls. He had enough time to write them down, as well study and compare to them to his existing knowledge in his books.

Language (Ogrish): Kriegaxt asked Lug for a few common Ogre phrases, and tried to record them when he heard them being spoken. Being an unknown language, he's recorded it as best he could, but may need more time to decipher it further.

Technically, I used my pistol and axe once. I don't think that gets a skill up lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »

Well, for me, I guess it would be pistols, pacifier, and diagnosing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2011, 09:02:51 pm »

I know I used Pistols and Intimidator, and it's possible that I may have accidentally used Pacifier at some point.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2011, 08:28:11 am »

I think the only skill Edwin was using was Diplomat, so I'll go with that.

Unless.. what is "Leader", "Motivator" and "Organizer" doing?
Love, scriver~

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2011, 10:31:25 am »

Uh... I guess I was trying to use pacifier and (possibly) student while I was interegatoring Coony. I'm not quite sure...
I didn't do much of substance compared to the rest of the party. :P
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2011, 02:22:06 pm »

Alright! Skill time!

Peter levels up his rifling. Peter is 1/3rd of the way to gaining a point in CON.

Kriegaxt levels up his Ancient Greenskin, Arcane Runespeak, and Ogrish. Kriegaxt is 2/3rds of the way to gaining a level in an atribute of his choosing (Via role based skill increase), and 1/3rd of the way to gaining a level in INT or CHA (Choose which skill attribute you made progress on now)

Ochita gains a level in pistols. Ochita is 1/3rd of the way to gaining a point in WIS.

Juan gains a level in Pacifier. Jaun is 1/3rd of the way to gaining a point in CHA.

Edwin fails to gain any skills.

Richard fails to gain any skills.

(Leader gives a bonus to rolls in situations where you are obviously taking charge. Motivator is used to bring about the best in others. Organizer is for seeing if elaborate and complicated plans that you come up with will work.)

My new skill up system involves rolling a d5 at random.org: On a 1-3 you get one of the skills you mentioned in the OOC. On a 4 you get all 3. On a 5 you get nothing. Leveling up an already high skill may take more than one sucessful roll, but we will cross that bridge once you guys start having skills at or above 5.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:28:54 pm by Weirdsound »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2011, 02:26:41 pm »

OK, I'll edit my sheet so it says Rifles: 4. (Just making sure that's the correct thing to do.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »

Yup. Also make sure you are tracking progress for attribute gain somewhere.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2011, 02:50:34 pm »

I guess I'll start raising Int then.

Interesting to notice that raising my role skills gives me bonus attributes.  :)

Edit: @Weirdsound: Hmm, does leveling up a language count as one or two? Technically, languages are worth half skill points. What I mean, is this right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Editx2: Which leads to another question-if everyone starts with English 4-which I assume means you can speak a language completely naturally-whats Language 5? Fancy talking? Does it give a Charisma type bonus?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:47:06 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2011, 05:47:07 pm »

Over 4 would be like reading long winded classic literature or speaking publicly. Eh. Language level ups are different from Skill Point costs. Take just 1 level in each skill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:31 am »

Could you explain the new wound system, Weirdsound?

Provided it is finished, of course.
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:19 am »

Eh, I'm just gonna have you keep track of every individual hit you take on a wounds tab. Instead of just healing your HP you will have to diagnose and treat each specific injury to get your health back up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8