Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Bay12 TF2 Competition-Sign up TODAY! [Dual Hardcore Beatdown Rave]  (Read 29688 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

So, with TF2 going free meaning that there'll be loads of TF2 players running around, I do believe it's time we had a competition to decide who's the best. I don't think its hard to get 12 players to play some TF2 as a group, so my proposal is simply a 6 Vs 6 5CP Knockout. All hell should break lose.

To join, you just need to get a team of 6 to all join the Dwarf Fortress Community. You should all be able to play Saturdays and Sundays at 7:00PM GMT and have TF2 installed-but apart from that, anything goes. You should also come up with a Team Name and an Abbreviation to put before it-this is usually just so I can keep track of teams amongst the fight. Once I have 8, I'll get a bracket up, randomize the seeds and let all hell break lose.

The first available Saturday will be the first match at 7. I'll try to negotiate with the DFC admins to get some notices in about 5 minutes before hand, so everybody is ready. I'll then get a server up via tf2lobby.com and everyone (player and spectator alike) can join in, but only the two conflicting sides shall fight. The first round shall be 1 round of Well, the second 1 round of Granary, third at Badlands, fourth at Fastlane and the final at Freight. All ties for position at the end shall be resolved by a match at Coldfront. In your team, you can only have up to 2 of each class, but aside from that, anything goes.

If this competition has a second run, you can stick with your team for another bout. I'll then use the positions from last time, with ties on rounds being randomised (E.g. If all of the first round losers re-entered, I'd jumble them, and them alone, up) with new teams being seeded at bottom. If we get 16 teams, then god help us all. Either way, the winning team with get a masterwork Sig Banner with their names on it. They can then wield it for eternity. So what are you waiting for? Join today, and win a SIG BANNER.

TEAM LIST

Happy Fragging Strongmen
Pyrate
Wymar
Glowcat
Knave
Nevyn
Lumonen

the Poor and the Irish
bdthemag
kilikan
USEC_OFFICER
breadbocks
UltraValican
LNCP

DFC Chat Team
Inteuniso
RF
Nistenf
Silent Thunder
Warhammer651
Nyan Scout

Destructo' Force Colossus
Nilocy
Lstar
Charmander
Eaglehawk
Ade625
Lasd

The Reserve
Engy
Deadmeat1471
Ricky
Reusable Box
lwcpplNuke
Electronics

Unassigned
Cfoofoo

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:28:15 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 TF2 Competition-Plausable?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »

I'd really love to join this if my computer wasn't so bad at running games. I've had TF2 for a longer than a year but my computer can only barely run it  ::)

Once I get some more RAM and a new graphics card I'd love to play a Bay12 match though.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:06:51 pm »

I'll join, but I'll probably be more of a hindrance than help to my team.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:10:05 pm »

I'll join, but I'll probably be more of a hindrance than help to my team.
If you're worried about it, just go Medic. You can't do bad as a medic.

And anyway, this isn't a super serious match. It's a laugh between mates. I don't really care how skilled you are, if you can fire a gun, you're in.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »

Yeah sure. Can't vouch for my own skill though.

EDIT: Which doesn't seem to be a problem.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »

We tired this a long time ago and couldn't get any matches going. Do we even have a server we could do it on?

I'd be willing to play, I was once a very accomplished Heavy. If you do want to do this, post the date/time and server name. Otherwise I would say no, it is not plausable.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »

I think we should start writing plausible right.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »

We can use TF2lobby.com, it provides servers. We set it to 6v6 and make it so you have to have a password to get in, profit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08:01 pm »

eh hem gentlemen... you requested a server? : P

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 03:11:38 am »

Nillocy, if you'd be willing to let us use it, that'd be grand. I'll also check out TF2 lobby, because if they take spectators, then I can also record and do some commentary. All we need now is a time. Would 7/8PM GMT (+1, can't remember f bloody daylight saving is on) work for everyone?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 03:14:37 am »

Should we have seperate teams depending on how many people we get? Also, I think it does allow Spectators. They just need to know the server IP, and I think TF2 lobby also gives all players the password to get it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:59 am »

Should we have seperate teams depending on how many people we get? Also, I think it does allow Spectators. They just need to know the server IP, and I think TF2 lobby also gives all players the password to get it.
The idea was to have 8 teams of 6, so that adds up nicely. I don't think its unreasonable to expect 48 people to play an extremely popular and free game with a couple of friends.

Anyway, I'll go have a look at these TF2 Lobbies.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 06:18:26 am »

Bay12 TF2 tournament?

All of my yes. I'm signing up for the winning team(and by that I mean I'm going to turn all of my teammates into killing machines that are as efficient as magma) :P
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 07:41:44 am »

We're having some problems with the DFC server atm; we should be changing the IP (and the shard) that the servers on. So hold tight.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 TF2 Competition-Sign up TODAY! [8 Spots remaining]
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 07:53:48 am »

I'll join.  i'm Coo.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20