Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1294778 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10590 on: July 17, 2012, 10:49:53 am »

Slicecycle?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:29 am »

Having items specifically connected to the backpack would be very useful, though. That way, you can drop the pack and all of the water you scavenged and be ready to fight run away. It'd be cool if specific items could be permanently connected to large containers, too - So you can choose to automatically drop all heavy/high volume items or all crafting items when you drop your pack.
The same could be achieved in a much easier to use and easier to implement system:
1. Create a hotkey or two in the inventory menu which will:
 a. set/unset single item to be drop-able (see below)
 b. set/unset all items of selected type to be drop-able (see below)
2. Create a hotkey in the main game which will drop items on the list of those which you previously set as being drop-able.
3. (optional) Add a display in item description as to its status as drop-able/not drop-able.

Then all you need to do is set item types to drop-able as you acquire them, and dropping large quantities of preset item types becomes fast and easy. Then just use the ',' key in pick up menu as described above for simple de-encumbering and re-encumbering. Now get going, you have a mod to make! :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:58:09 am by alway »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10592 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:21 am »

I don't even own a Linux, much less know how to code in it! :P
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: July 17, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

For shame. And you call yourself a penguin. *shakes head disapprovingly*

Though Ubuntu is actually really really easy to put on a machine with windows as a dual-boot option. It even has a windows installer, so all you really need to do is run the wubi.exe and change a few settings to your preference (like allocated HD space). It downloads & installs, reboots when it needs to, then poof, your machine has an ubuntu option when you start it up. IMO it's actually easier and faster to install ubuntu than to set up and build cataclysm for windows. Then you're just a modification of source and a 'make' command away from having your own mod.

Though learning C++ isn't quite as easy. :P
But really simple number tweaking is easy enough if you can figure out where something is you want to modify.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:44:04 am by alway »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:01 am »

Though learning C++ isn't quite as easy. :P

Especially if trying to learn VB and DHTML at the same time. Never again.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:48 pm »

You obviously didn't drink enough tequila and methamphetamine before studying!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10596 on: July 17, 2012, 01:02:24 pm »

Playing with a nerd build... my character is currently going around finger-lasering everything to death, then gulping booze and filtering it out of his system for fuel. The booze cravings were bothersome at first, but after a while I stopped trying to wait out the addiction and just started coping with it by ingesting more alcohol, since the stuff is everywhere. Can't really see much of a downside to being a megalomaniacal boozebot of death.

I'm wondering, does anyone know a reliable place to find the Neurological CBM? I'm guessing hospitals, but I haven't bothered clearing many out yet, and didn't see any bionics in the ones I did. Skill degradation is really annoying and I want to preempt having to deal with it continuously.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:58 pm »

You obviously didn't drink enough tequila and methamphetamine before studying!
This guy knows what's going on.

I'm wondering, does anyone know a reliable place to find the Neurological CBM? I'm guessing hospitals, but I haven't bothered clearing many out yet, and didn't see any bionics in the ones I did. Skill degradation is really annoying and I want to preempt having to deal with it continuously.
Reliable?  Nowhere.  But it's quicker to check banks than to check labs, and banks will rarely spawn bionics.  I think I've found a neurological in a bunker before.  Your best bet may be lab finales though, just keep Going Deeper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10598 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »

The cruise control on my car goes away whenever I crash into something. Is there a way to fix it? Nothing's coming up as broken in the vehicle...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:57 pm »

Or do what I did and mod skill degradation out of the game (to me, I don't see it really adding to my game experience, as grinding on flashlights is bad enough the first time, I don't want to need to do it daily); as detailed a page or two back:
game.cpp
the function "void game::update_skills()"
remove the first bunch of lines in that function dealing with decreasing levels/experience, re-'make' the game, and you now have no more skill degradation

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: July 17, 2012, 01:19:03 pm »

The cruise control on my car goes away whenever I crash into something. Is there a way to fix it? Nothing's coming up as broken in the vehicle...
If it stayed on, then you'd be constantly running at 30 MPH into the wall and you'd quickly break something indeed!

Or do what I did and mod skill degradation out of the game (to me, I don't see it really adding to my game experience, as grinding on flashlights is bad enough the first time, I don't want to need to do it daily); as detailed a page or two back:
game.cpp
the function "void game::update_skills()"
remove the first bunch of lines in that function dealing with decreasing levels/experience, re-'make' the game, and you now have no more skill degradation
Very easy to tweak really, I could throw up a version if people wanted.  I know it's a source of strife among a lot of players.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:21:44 pm by Girlinhat »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: July 17, 2012, 01:26:09 pm »

Yeah, Wolfy's removed that from his mod too.
*Hugs*

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10602 on: July 17, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »

I'm a big fan of no skill degradation. It's kind of silly that I forget how to make a radio so quickly.

If it stayed on, then you'd be constantly running at 30 MPH into the wall and you'd quickly break something indeed!

But it won't come back on, is the problem.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: July 17, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »

Press the $ key to turn it back on.
*Hugs*

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10604 on: July 17, 2012, 01:38:25 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 777