Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1294785 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10575 on: July 16, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

My bike has three bikes on it!  Fuck you!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:37 pm »

The front wheel doesn't have enough dents in it. :P

Also, those NPCs are bugged all to hell. >:(
I tried to .txt file to get rid of them, but that doesn't seem to have an effect on those already on the map. There's like a dozen of the bastards just north of my cave now, and if I get too close, they demand I drop my weapon or I somehow get hit by their melee while driving 40 mph on a motorcycle 100 yards away... It took 2 save reverts to successfully navigate the minefield of NPCs just waiting to telepathically kick my head in or something. After the first revert, one even went specifically for the eyes, blinding me from a distance and giving me some sort of 'stunned' attribute which left me wandering aimlessly until I reverted again (over 5 game-hours later; the effect didn't seem to want to leave).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: July 16, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »

I believe there's a debug option to make their heads explode.

I suggest burning the corpses and all items they carry.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: July 16, 2012, 10:36:02 pm »

I believe there's a debug option to make their heads explode.

I suggest burning the corpses and all items they carry.
Problem is, one of the NPCs is so bugged I think he ascended to another plane of being... He's beating me to death if I simply approach the NPC field, with no NPC anywhere near me. :O

Edit: NVM, I guess his pure-energy-being head esploded correctly. Now for the rest of them! >:D

Thanks for that suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:42:38 pm by alway »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: July 16, 2012, 10:47:03 pm »

Coincidentally, this is the exact reason head explosions exist.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: July 16, 2012, 11:19:18 pm »

I finally have a car! And I went more than a day without driving it into something too destructive.  (I did sorta sideswipe a megamall.  But it seemed to have lived the experience no worse for wear)

I think I may be having too much fun with it though.  I really need some way to add a 'I swerve for squirrels' bumper sticker.

Or wolves, deer, bunnies, zombies, plant monsters... really anything that leaves a satisfying bloodstain or something I can butcher.  I kinda feel like that one scene in family guy where Brian chases a squirrel in his car.  *Insert cutaway gag here*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:22:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:26 pm »

I find Chitin armor perfectly viable for melee combat. Especially if its still bugged and makes everything but your arms invincible! Just don't let those get broken and you're golden.

We really need better gloves. Right now the best ones are fire gauntlets. Which are barely more protective then thin cotton for some ungodly reason. Except environmental. It blocks that pretty well.

Plus I hardly ever see fire gauntlets. Where did I even find my pair? I can't remember.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:30 am »

So, I managed to find some sort of failed science expedition near my starting shelter. The closest lab was just out of town, so I decided to make it my home. I made a few trips to collect the loot left over by the scientists (a teleporter, portal generator and a few blocks of hydrogen included).

I managed to defend my little camp on the ground floor from two or three waves of zombies, taking some serious damage which I barely managed to heal.

On my preliminary exploration of the lab, I discovered a science chamber with at least one Utility CBM along with several other items, and more stairs leading down. I found a computing book and settled in for the day to read up on my 1337 h@xing. The next day, I grabbed my backpack, messenger bag and machete and headed down there to have a look around. Apparently, some giant ants liked the look of the place too. It only took three of the suckers to eat me alive thanks to the massive skill debuff from all my body encumbrance.

My only issue with the game (after a few weeks of playing) is the fact that zombies swarm me wherever I am and regardless of what I'm doing. I could be running nude through the forest and three boomers and a brute will suddenly materialize in front of me and smash my skull in. That actually happened to me once, too. The mental image was not pleasant.  :D

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: July 17, 2012, 08:46:59 am »

Yeah, that's the only problem I have with the current encumbrance system. Things like backpacks and such don't actually hold anything, they just expand how much you can carry. Would be nice to be a melee oriented character who, when faced with combat, could drop that heavy backpack laden with junk and suddenly be ready to fight with no body penalties.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: July 17, 2012, 08:57:52 am »

You can (drop backpack + a lot of stuff to fight unencumbered) but it's insanely tedious :(   I wish there was a cool mechanism to make it easy, but I sure can't think of a good one.  Maybe the 1st time you drop stuff, there could be a way to somehow designate it as being in the dropped container - ahh I don't know :p

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: July 17, 2012, 09:44:59 am »

A simple take all key would solve most of that, pick up backpack, put on, pick up all.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:28 am »

Press , in the "Pick up what" dialogue and it'll select everything
*Hugs*

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10587 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:03 am »

Having items specifically connected to the backpack would be very useful, though. That way, you can drop the pack and all of the water you scavenged and be ready to fight run away. It'd be cool if specific items could be permanently connected to large containers, too - So you can choose to automatically drop all heavy/high volume items or all crafting items when you drop your pack.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:47 am »

This has been suggested in ways, but the whole "items in containers in inventory" was always shot down under the rule that "yeah, it'd be neat, but it'd make inventory into a nightmare and slow down gameplay too much as you shuffle volume.  KISS."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:41 am »

I think the results of me pressing 5 are going to be.. interesting.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 777