Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1295146 times)

arguablycrassic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10425 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

That's a new record, i counted over 40 zombies chasing me, and that what was just on the screen. And this was on the first day. And the only thing I did was taekwando 2 or 3, killed one with a rock, and shot 2 to death with a bow. All while running away.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: July 13, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

Yeah. I noticed abnormal amounts of enemies spawning in when using Ninjutsu. Which is supposedly completely silent. Probably just didn't notice a shrieker or something though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: July 13, 2012, 12:21:47 pm »

People. People. Stop yelling when you attack with your fancy karate moves. Zombies like it when you yell.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: July 13, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »

Random question:
Whats the deal with the SSH key thing in the first post?
Does this game have a multiplayer-y mode?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: July 13, 2012, 12:44:07 pm »

There's a server, allegedly, where you can log in and play.  It's not multiplayer, it only supports one "player" at a time, and if you get on at the same time as someone else then you can watch them play, or you can mash buttons and mess up their game.  You can start a new character and explore the already-raided areas and perhaps find another player's base while the other player is saved and thus not in the game, making it an empty stockpile.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

oh.

Anyway, more mutagen cheating reveals that fucktons of mutagen will usually cause you to end up with very smelly, wich causes all animals in a 500x500 maptile radius to come to the place where you sleep.
I slept in a lab, and there were so many enemies outside ._.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

arguablycrassic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:28 pm »

I seem to be haunted by an NPC. He has died 3 times now, and every time I make a new character, he walks through the evac shelter door like "Sup?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: July 13, 2012, 01:19:54 pm »

Mh, i just kept my no_npc files.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: July 13, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »

Very Smelly can change into insect or mammal pheromones. Go for that.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: July 13, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »

Very Smelly still stays on your status sheet even after you get one of the pheromone mutations. So you'll still be followed very easily I think?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: July 13, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »

There's a server, allegedly, where you can log in and play.  It's not multiplayer, it only supports one "player" at a time, and if you get on at the same time as someone else then you can watch them play, or you can mash buttons and mess up their game.  You can start a new character and explore the already-raided areas and perhaps find another player's base while the other player is saved and thus not in the game, making it an empty stockpile.

You're entirely mistaken--the server supports unlimited players at a time, you cannot watch anyone else play (unless Eronarn added that feature--wouldn't be hard), and you cannot mash buttons to mess up someone else's game.

There isn't direct player/player interaction, though--you won't see other players (until they die).
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »

Oh really?  I thought it was a hotseat style.  I must be getting my multiplayer hax mixed up...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: July 13, 2012, 06:10:06 pm »

Very Smelly still stays on your status sheet even after you get one of the pheromone mutations. So you'll still be followed very easily I think?

Oh. I thought it replaced smelly. Good to know.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: July 13, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »

Oh really?  I thought it was a hotseat style.  I must be getting my multiplayer hax mixed up...
I think you were thinking of the Dwarf Fortress one.
As far as I know, the Cataclysm one is pretty much a persistent map that you add your char saves to.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:54 pm »

Donno if this is an old bug or not, but you know the little letter it gives you for convenience when you pick something up?  That appears to be a bit off, because I haven't gotten that giving me the correct letter yet.

Other than that, I set up shop in a cave.  Molotov'd a nearby bunch of webs and got owned by a trapdoor spider when I was going in to introduce my neighbors to my SKS before they introduced me to their fangs in the middle of the night or something.  My first experience with spiders.  Interesting.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 777