Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1295387 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10275 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:23 pm »

... I think chitinous armor is bugged. I'm taking damage, but my health on bodyparts covered by chitinous armor isn't going down, so everything but my arms are invincible.

To clarify, I mean the item chitinous armor, not the mutation. And I'm taking Burst fire to the head in the realm of 78, and its doing nothing to me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:47:53 pm by Kaitol »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: July 07, 2012, 06:33:12 am »

I think the constructions menu might be bugged too.
For me, the options look to overlap each other and it becomes difficult to read. The problem looks to be with "start vehicle construction", but that might just be because it's longest.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wvmmhxkh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: July 07, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »

There is an official forum, with a bug reporting board. Your experiences might be more useful posted there.
http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php

sorry, but i can't register over there. there's some retarded antispam question which i can't figure out.

Are you serious?

Q1 - You enter the 'Captcha' style code.
Q2 - You answer whether you're a bot or not (i.e. No)
Q3 - You enter the alternative option to Q2 (i.e. Yes)

It's really not that hard to figure out, bud. I mean, it's bloody basic. If you can't figure that out, Cataclysm isn't for you!

Well the second question wasn't so obvious since it asks "What's the other option on that question?:" and that can mean about anything. Also i have survived a whole year in cataclysm now with my char, so i bet i'm not as stupid as you'd suggest.

Cane1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: July 07, 2012, 02:50:26 pm »

Was the debug key changed? I've checked all around and everything seems to say its "Z" but when I type this it says Unknown command: 'Z' .
I've tried enabling debug messages but this does nothing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:14 pm »

More me it's Z.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: July 07, 2012, 03:23:06 pm »

You need to uncomment it in the keybindings .txt
*Hugs*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

So hey, I managed to get a decent character this time around, started in the middle of nowhere in forests and stumbled across a small hamlet (whatever you'd call it. About 15 houses and a radio tower), where I've got a decent amount of stuff. There's a source of triffids nearby, I have a wooden spear and some decent skill, and the only thing I'm addicted to so far is booze.
I know the location of a marijuana farm and a 2.5l engine.
Other than those, I have nothing particularly complex that I should be doing. I could take a trek down one really long road, but I don't have anywhere near enough food stockpiled. I have some meat, and I can't find a pan, but I know there is one around somewhere because I saw it previously.

Any suggestions?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »

Go get said pan and turn one of the houses into your "home base" or "safehouse" or whatever you call it

Cane1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: July 07, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »

Thank you soo much. I thought my deepest fear had come true; the removal of the debug menu! 

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: July 07, 2012, 07:24:35 pm »

So hey, I managed to get a decent character this time around, started in the middle of nowhere in forests and stumbled across a small hamlet (whatever you'd call it. About 15 houses and a radio tower), where I've got a decent amount of stuff. There's a source of triffids nearby, I have a wooden spear and some decent skill, and the only thing I'm addicted to so far is booze.
I know the location of a marijuana farm and a 2.5l engine.
Other than those, I have nothing particularly complex that I should be doing. I could take a trek down one really long road, but I don't have anywhere near enough food stockpiled. I have some meat, and I can't find a pan, but I know there is one around somewhere because I saw it previously.

Any suggestions?

I keep seeing people say "I've got a sharp stick" or "I found a hammer and I'm using it until I find something better" but I've never had a start that wasnt a short run away from a major town with at least one hardware or sporing goods or gun store.  Maybe other people are prefering to avoid anything resembling a city for fear of larger zombie populations?  I find it easier to shake off mobs if you can dodge around some corners and through some houses.

Anyway, I think it is a moot point to setup a "home base" unless you have a shovel and/or a wood-saw and lots of nails.  Shovels are troublingly rare it seems.  My requrements for a base include access to books, so you need to be reasonably near a library or mansion.  And you'll probably need to pick up some skills before you can start making use of that engine you've got.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: July 07, 2012, 07:29:36 pm »

No, there really are no towns large enough to have those sorts of shops nearby.
I think I remember one from a previous character, if my guesstimation of where their maps overlapped is correct. But it's a good half-day's hike away. And I'm really not geared up enough to make a trip there and back as well as fight whatever zombie population is there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: July 07, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »

No, there really are no towns large enough to have those sorts of shops nearby.
I think I remember one from a previous character, if my guesstimation of where their maps overlapped is correct. But it's a good half-day's hike away. And I'm really not geared up enough to make a trip there and back as well as fight whatever zombie population is there.

the full step-by-step process to actually having fun in cataclysm.

1) just fucking go for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: July 07, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »

If you don't go out in a blaze of gunfire and explosions, something is dreadfully wrong.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:55 pm »

...My shelter burned down while I was sleeping. Yes, in it.
Love, scriver~

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:17 pm »

I think the leading cause of death in all of my games has been lightning. It's like.. an inevitable and extremely frustrating conclusion. I'll have a well-stocked safehouse that I'm hiding in to pass the time during a stormy week, and lighting never fails to clap down on top of it and cause it to burn to the ground. So with almost all of my items gone- the first aid, the food, the wood, the books- I make a run for it and try to get into a nearby house. Only to bump into something nasty like a horde of zombies led by a hulk, or a necromancer. I can run and gun (or in my case run and bow) for a while, but the stormy night eventually puts me in the dirt.

Lightning blowing out one of your walls and causing a massive fire is a little too common in my opinion. I like the idea that it can happen, but why does it happen almost every single time there's a lightning storm?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:50:24 pm by debvon »
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 777