Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1295879 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9720 on: June 08, 2012, 09:22:40 am »

I imagine C4 would as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: June 08, 2012, 11:52:21 am »

Is it just me or the area around manors is seething with zombies? So much for settling one....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: June 08, 2012, 12:02:18 pm »

Is it just me or the area around manors is seething with zombies? So much for settling one....

Wouldn't settling down in a manor be a bad idea? So many windows...   ???
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: June 08, 2012, 12:02:50 pm »

Pretty much all special areas are teeming with zombies. Ever been to a hospital?
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: June 08, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »

I got a hospital beside a megastore once.  Z -> 7 reported some 120 monsters.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: June 08, 2012, 12:11:32 pm »

There's not much of a point in killing a triffid heart. Triffids will still spawn, so its a moot point.

Same goes with fungal blooms. However, there is special stuff you can get in both areas. Killing the 'boss' doesn't really net you anything.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:50 pm »

Actually, killing the Triffid Heart or Fungal Spire will cause spawns to ramp down significantly over the subsequent few days ingame.
*Hugs*

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:17 pm »

Is there any use in kevlar vests? I don't imagine any zombies use cutting damage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: June 08, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

But wolves and bears and robots do, among other things. And I don't know if they have any cutting damage from bitting? Probably not much if so.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:39 pm »

Kevlar vests and leather jackets = jump through all windows without cutting yourself, ever. Well until they get destroyed, anyway. Enough window jumping can do that

It's one of the first things I look for because of that.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: June 08, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

Pretty sure kevlar is all but required if you want to have any hope of dealing with SecuBots and turrets, as well. Even when you're using a weapon that'll 1HKO them *cough*Savage*cough*, you're still looking at the chance that they'll get initiative and fuck you up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: June 08, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

Well. Got an interesting game world this time. 3 evac shelters all really close together. One in the edge of a forest. A couple of deaths, but 90% of my characters so far spawn there, so they can just go find the corpse, then continue on fortifying and scavenging. My latest character has contracted influenza though, which sucks. Loud coughing and vomiting on top of increased thirst sucks. Soon I'll start crafting. I found some dead scientists and their cards, and there is a science lab nearby, so I'll go check that out once I've read up and crafted and got some weapons.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:51 pm »

Craft two grenades.  Break into military bunker.  1 grenade on ground floor door, 1 grenade on basement glass-room.  Come out with piles of C4.  Break into ALL the labs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: June 08, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

I believe forced entry also makes the turrets activate in both bunkers and labs. Have fun with that.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: June 08, 2012, 06:01:46 pm »

It's been a while i didn't played Cataclysm, so i used the graphical "Gremour+Deon" version 6.5 .

Grug woke up inside a weird little house, nearby was standing Kimberley Whatever , looking at him lying on that floor.

Grug was a bit disorientated and so without really thinking about it asked Kimberley if he could help her. She replied with giving Grug an USB key, pointing her house on the map, tasking Grug with getting to her computer console and download whatever data in there.

Grug was going to deny such request, but he then noticed the shotgun in Kimberley hands.
He then accepted with a renewed enthousiasm and went for a long walk north.
Getting near to Kimberley house, Grug spotted a zombie at the southwest and went into the house as quickly as he could.

The computer console was there, Grug examined it and logged in successfully, only 2 choices, "download" or "quit", so he went with "download" only to be met with a "can't do that" kind of message.
Rather puzzled by this turn of event, he tried again, but no, the thing refused to download anything.

What was Kimberley thinking ?

Grug exited the house and suddenly spotted coming from many directions, a bunch of zombies.
Running was the best option, running south toward the Shotgun, i mean Kimberley.

During the long run south, zombies seemed to come from everywhere, strange considering there was nothing there when Grug walked here previously.

Anyways, at some points, a message about a creature being killed appeared, followed by sounds of shotguns, could there be another shotgunner out of Kimberley ?
No time to waste for searching around, zombies were coming from everywhere (how could Grug have missed those legions before ? )

Grug arrived at Kimberley house, ran into it and closed the door behind.
And it was empty ? Kimberley wasn't there anymore, could it be that she was the one shotgunning zombies at some distance to the north ?

Whatever, sounds were heard in the door, punching sounds, damn zombies managed to break the door.
Bravely Grug opened the door in the opposite way and ran outside.

Trying to run back to the north where the Shotgun sounds had been heard, but too much zombies, so Grug ran northwest , where it looked like there was an opening in the zombie hordes.

An opening on the ground, a staircase ? Grug was in the middle of an infested town, so going down could be an option to escape.

Down there, Grug found it to be really a huge place, but nothing seemed to be there, out of some sewer "rivers" , and lava ... what ? ... lava ?

And a sewer rat, Grug smiled when looking at the sewer rat coming to attack him, the poor little creature was going to pay for all the hostility Grug encountered so far.
But apparently that sewer rat was probably some Rat-Fu master as it killed Grug in a few turns.

So ended the Tale of Grug, zombie dodger extraordinaire ... killed by a little sewer rat.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:04:32 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 777