Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1296106 times)

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9600 on: June 05, 2012, 12:58:22 am »

9 tons of happines :D

6 large wheels, 3 large electric motor, 10 storage batteries, 10 solar panels, 4 gasoline tanks, 6 hydrogene tanks, 10 trunks, 2 boxes and space for lot more, 2 mufflers, all inner space covered with roof, outer perimeter covered with armor, no turrets - idea to place them on middle and rear pair of wheels later :)
only a prototype - build with help of debug menu and save editing, but in next release i will try to build that monster without cheats, if it's possible at all to find such amount of materials...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:00:05 am by Danv »

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:23 am »

Any ETA on release w/vehicles and creidieki's bugfixes?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: June 05, 2012, 02:47:17 am »

I think the latest patch fixed the spawning issues with electric engines. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. In any case, markup?
It is at least fixed by me in the Myriad mod + Extended view merge: http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=727.msg23596#msg23596
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:22 am »

Woow, I found a truck and got killed in a tree-related accident.

How do you got ammo anyway? The last time I played (before construction) there was almost always lots of ammo in the basement of your starting house and in gun store but neither of those seem to have any ammo any more. Although I can't say for sure for the gun store, as I usually die long before I even get there :p

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: June 05, 2012, 07:19:53 am »

How do you got ammo anyway? The last time I played (before construction) there was almost always lots of ammo in the basement of your starting house and in gun store but neither of those seem to have any ammo any more. Although I can't say for sure for the gun store, as I usually die long before I even get there :p

I get mine from gun stores and mil. surplus stores. You occasionally find some on bodies, and check zombie corpses after you kill 'em, sometimes they have ammo and other nifty stuff on them.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: June 05, 2012, 07:22:29 am »

9 tons of happines :D

6 large wheels, 3 large electric motor, 10 storage batteries, 10 solar panels, 4 gasoline tanks, 6 hydrogene tanks, 10 trunks, 2 boxes and space for lot more, 2 mufflers, all inner space covered with roof, outer perimeter covered with armor, no turrets - idea to place them on middle and rear pair of wheels later :)
only a prototype - build with help of debug menu and save editing, but in next release i will try to build that monster without cheats, if it's possible at all to find such amount of materials...
Building that monster without cheats is gonna take a long time. It looks badass though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: June 05, 2012, 08:54:13 am »

I think the latest patch fixed the spawning issues with electric engines. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. In any case, markup?
It is at least fixed by me in the Myriad mod + Extended view merge: http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=727.msg23596#msg23596
Yep, that's what I'm playing with.

As above, enemies tend to drop more ammo than they used to. Or at least it seems that way. The loot you get from gun stores varies as well; you could find 2-3 low end guns and a couple magazines, or you could find a dozen different types of weapon, a pair of mods, and a thousand or two rounds of ammunition.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: June 05, 2012, 09:07:34 am »

Yup, just found over 100 9mm bullets in an gun store. Raiding those stores is a LOT easier with a car, I actually do not die now.

Some questions about the car:
-How do I put stuff in the trunks?
-How do I see how much fuel I have left?
-Can I wash the zombie blood off of it?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: June 05, 2012, 09:13:10 am »

1. Just drop it on the trunk. You can store up to 26 items of any weight/volume, though too much weight will affect your car's performance.
2. There's an E\|/F monitor on the car's menu which can also be seen by driving it.
3. Only if you remove and replace the part.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:48 am »

The loot you get from gun stores varies as well; you could find 2-3 low end guns and a couple magazines, or you could find a dozen different types of weapon, a pair of mods, and a thousand or two rounds of ammunition.

Feature or result of random generation,  I love the fact that this happens. To me, it does a lot for immersion, showing that other survivors have already hit these places before. Speaking of survivors, is there a way to find more? I like having live bait follow me around that I can leave to the zeds to slow them down :P

Also, do we know how long until the next release with the vehicle mod merge is?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44:26 am »

At the moment, the only NPC is the one we spawn with.

I'm not sure about the second.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: June 05, 2012, 10:06:19 am »

Man, the spawns seem so much worse than I remember. And the brutes just as deadly, being so fast.

What, exactly, am I doing wrong? It's like, I'm in a perfectly safe wooded area, no zeds, walk to town, see a single zed and run back to wooded area and suddenly there are over 20 zeds everywhere. I didn't even make any noise, I just ran from a zed as soon as he saw me. o___o

At least the old smoke killing smell trick still seems to work.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:16 am »

Get a car, kill everything, run out of fuel, die.

That is basically the only thing I am able to do now. Still lots of fun :p

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:22 am »

Haven't even seen a car yet. Kind of frustrating, actually.

Also, it's pretty fun to play Quick, Fleetfooted characters, since you can kill zombies without take damage by waiting for them to step next to you, slicing them, and then stepping away. Repeat.

Also - is there a current mod for shields? If not, I'll probably have to throw some in... Although, I'd need to figure out how it would work if I want it to be something more than 'hand protection'...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:28:59 am by GlyphGryph »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: June 05, 2012, 10:30:22 am »

I think cars are only in Deons mod (well, he linked the mod, not sure if it is his) and half the parking lots seem to have them (check the map for parking lots).

I think I will try such a quick character, I might even get an illiterate one as I never survive long enough to read books anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 777