Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1296187 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9510 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:40 am »

The one wolfy posted earlier in this thread is just vehicles and the arrow key fix :P

He also does the "official" Windows releases of the vehicle mod for Gremour
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: June 03, 2012, 11:09:36 am »

Is there a download link for a pre-broken building version of Wolfie's mod out there? I was also disappointed to find out that the LR-teleport in the debug menu causes crashes, because trekking across two overworld map blocks with ~350 weight from a steel frame + other salvage is a bit annoying.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:10 am »

Is there a download link for a pre-broken building version of Wolfie's mod out there? I was also disappointed to find out that the LR-teleport in the debug menu causes crashes, because trekking across two overworld map blocks with ~350 weight from a steel frame + other salvage is a bit annoying.  :P
Bring a car with you next time :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:56 am »

All of the downloads are available on his github download page.
*Hugs*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: June 03, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »

For installing mods is it just putting the diff file in the data folder?
Not sure if I've installed this correctly, the debug items window mentions nothing about any kind of vehicle parts.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: June 03, 2012, 12:59:26 pm »

For Linux, you need to apply the diff to make changes, then make clean and make again.

For Windows, or pre-compiled Linux, just download the .exe

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: June 03, 2012, 03:03:11 pm »

Whenever I start up cataclysm, the window that the game is in pops in the top left of my screen, positioned to where I can't re-position the screen.

Help?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: June 03, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

Download Myriad Mod, he's fixed that too :P

Either that, or click on the window, press Alt + Space and then press M, you can use the arrow keys to move the window around from there.
*Hugs*

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: June 03, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »

Whenever I start up cataclysm, the window that the game is in pops in the top left of my screen, positioned to where I can't re-position the screen.

Help?

Are you on a netbook by any chance? My girlfriend had the same problem. A workaround (not a fix, mind) is to right click on the program in the taskbar, and go to "move", then use the arrow keys to pull the window down to someplace you can move it.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: June 03, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »

If that alt-space then M doesn't work, try alt-space, then "down" arrow key once, then enter; you should be able to move it with your arrowkeys now.

P.S. I've just added the Extended View code to Myriad Stuff Mod, check the mod thread, I've posted there: http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=727.0

By the way, that mod is amazing, try that NOW :).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:18:02 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

Man, I love the broken buildings mod.

It makes everything feel more real, instead of "Knock Knock, hello I'm a zombie, can I eat you alive? Just open the door, please.", and plus it really helps with scavenging for stuff. Though, I usually travel on a motorbike and never settle down except for sleep, so...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: June 03, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

I dunno, I don't like it when in zombie things all of the buildings are broken and on fire etc. The worst I could think of happening would be broken windows+doors and maybe the odd flimsy wall; but buildings being destroyed would only really happen under military bombardment or something. Zombies aren't tanks, they only really attack living things. They're not going to spend time demolishing a house, because why would they?

For Linux, you need to apply the diff to make changes, then make clean and make again.

For Windows, or pre-compiled Linux, just download the .exe
I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying that it has to be just a new .exe? Or will I need an entirely new Cataclysm folder with all of the other things changed as well?

EDIT: Merged for doublepost.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:29:27 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: June 03, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

Double post.
Ignore or delete.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:30:04 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: June 03, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »

I dunno, I don't like it when in zombie things all of the buildings are broken and on fire etc. The worst I could think of happening would be broken windows+doors and maybe the odd flimsy wall; but buildings being destroyed would only really happen under military bombardment or something. Zombies aren't tanks, they only really attack living things. They're not going to spend time demolishing a house, because why would they?

There is bombardment. There's so many bombing runs some places are just fields of rubble. And one of these zombies are massive hulks who can tear down buildings. And another thing is that this wasn't just zombies eating humans without any resistance. It would be open rioting on the streets with gunfire, molotov cocktails and explosions. Zombies on their own wouldn't ruin a town, but panicked humans would have a huge effect on it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: June 03, 2012, 04:22:12 pm »

Yep, there are soldiers, military outposts, military bunkers and craters from bombs. Obviously the world went down with a boom, so it makes sense :).

I agree with Fniff that it feels more realistic. But to each his own.

P.S. Don't forget that there're lightnings too. :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 777