Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1294594 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #8175 on: November 26, 2011, 04:10:07 pm »

The current version being run via PuTTY has megastores. Temples are bugged, though, and I think the spiral cave things are too. The temples are just large rectangles of cyan flooring and traveling a level through the spiral cavern seem to just teleport you somewhere random, very far away. (Unless that's the intention?)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: November 26, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »

I've heard that's the intention for spirals.  For temples, it sounds like there's an overmap definition but no tile definition, similar happened with nuclear power plants on a PUTTY.  I just want me some megastores, man :<

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: November 26, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

Then that would also be the one with broken stairs.  There's a high chance that going through stairs causes a crash, which is fixed on Linux but isn't updated for Windows.
https://github.com/aposos/Cataclysm/downloads
The latest windows version, no megastores included.
The one Darkling Wolf posted fixed the stairs, fixing the stairs is what broke the HP display.
http://www.mediafire.com/?364wsskmxxgjn68
*Hugs*

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: November 26, 2011, 06:37:22 pm »

Any backtraces would be appreciated (unless they go straight from calling game::update_overmap_seen() to alloca(); I already know that one!).

#0  _alloca () at ../../../../gcc-4.4.1/libgcc/../gcc/config/i386/cygwin.asm:45

Yeah, that's the backtrace/crash I'm familiar with ;)  Thanks for the effort though.
It's worth noting that I don't entirely know what that means, and while googling alloca provided some hints and things to try, none of them worked.

The current version being run via PuTTY has megastores. Temples are bugged, though, and I think the spiral cave things are too. The temples are just large rectangles of cyan flooring and traveling a level through the spiral cavern seem to just teleport you somewhere random, very far away. (Unless that's the intention?)

Not the intention, and actually spiral caverns work fine (though they're not supposed to appear on the surface!).  What you're seeing is the fact that Eronarn, bless him, forgot to delete save data when he updated the game.  Or didn't build clean.  Either way, the world is full of corrupted data.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: November 27, 2011, 05:02:33 am »

I kind of want to refresh my C++ skills to make a server out of this game.
First, just my own windows telnet server where you can share a map, then expand to support up to 4 players, it would be intended for LAN gameplay, with close friends, so you wouldnt have to wait days for some AFK'ing guy to take a move.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Gotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: November 27, 2011, 04:59:33 pm »

Just fyi, while it doesn't rain in your basement, there are random rain sounds like it IS raining.  I like the effect, but not in the basement.  It would be cool if it was harder to hear in a basement if it was raining due to the noise being everywhere however.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: November 27, 2011, 07:03:16 pm »

How do I use radio controls? And most ID readers, for that matter?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8182 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »

Radio controls are like ze goggles, and you use card readers by examining them, if you have the correct card they'll give you the option to use it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: November 27, 2011, 09:50:30 pm »

Can I change row amount so that I can actually use the full vision my character has? Or does that not work.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: November 27, 2011, 10:10:16 pm »

The window size is rather strict, no way to change it.  I've broached the issue and the response was "Whales put a lot of effort into streamlining this particular size." which is nice, and I can appreciate the effort and cleanness, but your visible range is MUCH shorter than your view distance, and much of the time you're walking 2 tiles away from a dead scientist gold mine but never realize it!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: November 28, 2011, 01:11:38 am »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: November 28, 2011, 01:30:44 am »

If anyone who hasent played it yet sees this post.

step 1: download it.
step 2: find yourself a katana or equivalently Over Powered early weapon.
STEP 3: if you see a shrieker... haul ass in the other direction, hide in a building for a few days, cry.'

skriekers will be the death of you if you arnt careful.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: November 28, 2011, 01:34:15 am »

Better yet, find a nailgun, BB gun, or a Mosquito .22.  Use them when convenient, as they're very low-noise, and can train a few levels in handguns.  When you're feeling confident, carry a bigger handgun, like a desert eagle.  Shrieker shows up?  Pop it as soon as you see it and start running.  Guns for use against fasts is very nice too, and the occasional brute that manages to catch up with you can be dealt with more easily if it's already full of holes.  Even still, Adderall will save your ass more often than anything else.  If you're surrounded, but have just enough time to pop an adderall or two, you can start outrunning cars and run down an empty freeway to (temporary) safety.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:35 am »

I'm finding that rifles are a better choice than handguns, in general.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: November 28, 2011, 01:44:15 am »

But noisy.  They have better damage, range, and accuracy, but they're noisy and most have low ammo.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 777