Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1294987 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7935 on: November 17, 2011, 12:03:50 am »

I believe this game has a different-item limit. At least, last time I checked. I'm not sure if it's been removed or not. It was one of the main problems I had/have? with the game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: November 17, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

So from scanning the thread it seems like you can play on a server, is that like multiplayer?

I'm having trouble following the directions and its hard to tell whats what over five hundred plus pages and multiple versions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: November 17, 2011, 12:37:02 am »

You can carry 52 stacked items, including what you're wearing, and everything worn or wielded is its own stack of 1.  This is because the item scrolling goes a-z and A-Z.  This gets frustrating when you've got 3 sewing kits at [49] and 3 stacks of ammo that aren't quite full.

There's a server running that lets you play your own character on their world, more or less.  One player active at a time, but you may log in to find your safe house has been pillaged, or you might find someone else's stockpile!  My suggestion there would be: carry everything that you want to keep, and don't count on bullets being there.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7938 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:07 am »

I think I've got the windows stair bug fixed, I'll upload the exe as soon as it finishes compiling.
For realz this time

Saves should be fine.
getting a lot of display errors with this, such as HP/power not displaying at all once I go to another screen and return until the HP/power changes then it is shown again.
This seems to be an issue of the display method, not Wolf's fault.  In particular, it seems that HP/Energy only get their status drawn on screen if it changes.  ie - if you gto from 43 to 42, it'll show the "2" because that digit changed, but the 4 is the same so that remains as an older image.  This is only an issue when you get the Y/N windows that overlap the HP display, because then it's overwritten the HP but it doesn't give the command to re-draw the characters.  Similar occurs in the overmap a lot.

I kept getting eyeglasses of whiskey and codeine of vodka.  Codeine of Vodka sounds like a suicide recipe to me...
It does seem to be my fix for the segfaulting stairs that's broken the display code though. Which is really odd, because I wouldn't imagine drawing something on the screen would have anything to do with the game having a heart attack and dying.

Anyway, Whales has pushed an update to git that fixes a very similar bug in Linux, I'll take a look at merging that in.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:53 am »

Well, I take back weak stomach being free points now - with the new change to water contamination you can get food(?) poisoning from drinking out of toilets, which makes you puke. I was trapped in a house by acid rain (which now lasts 3+ hours... D:) and had nothing else to drink.... and choked on my own vomit.

Also, poison resistance just got a heck of a lot more attractive.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:29 am »

Well, I take back weak stomach being free points now - with the new change to water contamination you can get food(?) poisoning from drinking out of toilets, which makes you puke. I was trapped in a house by acid rain (which now lasts 3+ hours... D:) and had nothing else to drink.... and choked on my own vomit.

Also, poison resistance just got a heck of a lot more attractive.

Yeah, toilets struck me as being too easy. :P

Also, good point on the acid rain.  I've changed the weather system so that different weather patterns tend to last for different amounts of time.  Acid rain will generally last for 10-30 minutes, while a day might stay sunny from dawn til dusk.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: November 17, 2011, 04:15:27 am »

I'd say that long-term weather patterns would be nice, with periods of drier/wetter weather and so forth. Then I remembered the game takes place in New England.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: November 17, 2011, 04:56:36 am »

"Yo, it's monsoon season over here. It's a Jersey thing, don't worry about it."
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: November 17, 2011, 01:13:11 pm »

I think I encountered a bug. I was trying to drop a USM 9mm after having unloaded it when my game froze, as if it had crashed. Moments later the game comes back to life but all of my items were on the floor. I don't know if there's a keybind for this, if that's the case I probably pressed it by accident.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm running the latest Windows version, by the way.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7944 on: November 17, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »

Humble request: Some kind of feedback message when feeding organic material into an internal furnace. Might seem silly but I think bionics in general need more feedback messages.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: November 17, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »

Good suggestion, I'll have a go at implementing that.
Just a "You eat your foo" message?
My cabbages!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: November 17, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »

no!

*you eat some nurishment/food*

*your furnace uses up some material*
*organic matter has been fed to your furnace*
*your furnace uses up food*

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: November 17, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »

The internal furnace doesn't affect consumption of food, it's for eating non food items.

In other news, taking suggestions for traps in the next update of my mod.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7948 on: November 17, 2011, 02:13:52 pm »

Even something as simple as "You feed the cotton hat into your internal furnace, which generates X energy."

and maybe something like "X energy was wasted as your maximum battery capacity is only Y"

and "You activate your defense bionic."

then:

Zombie hits you in the chest.
Your defense bionic drains 1 power to deflect the blow.
Your defense bionic drains 1 power to remain active.
Your defense bionic has deactivate due to insufficient power.

Or...

You cannot activate that bionic due to insufficient power.

Stuff like that. Whatever you feel like doing really, just more feedback is better.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: November 17, 2011, 02:35:37 pm »

The internal furnace doesn't affect consumption of food, it's for eating non food items.

In other news, taking suggestions for traps in the next update of my mod.

Can we get deadfall traps, Claymores (directional blast as opposed to explosion radius), cage traps (for wildlife?) and swinging log traps (return of the jedi style)?
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 777