Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298990 times)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4590 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:42 pm »

Bionics canisters can be found on dead scientists (which is pure luck), but they'll be moved soon to the labs, so it's not just dumb luck that scores you bionics.

Hmm, it's fine if you move them to the labs, but can you still allow to find one once every summer equinox out of a lab? We also need a source of labcoats early on... (put them in pharmacies?).

Just to be sure. There are bionics shops, right? I only saw one in a video from a few versions ago...
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: August 05, 2011, 12:50:23 pm »

How do I use the map teleport? I just bugged into a rock wall.

The debug teleport is triggered by opening the map screen and hitting enter, your char will port to the selected tile.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: August 05, 2011, 01:02:57 pm »

Wow, so the Resonance Cascade option on portal terminals is a pretty spectacular way to die. Does it have any purpose besides being totally rad?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:38 pm »

You can also debug teleport with the '*' key.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4594 on: August 05, 2011, 01:35:13 pm »

Don't abuse it, though...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: August 05, 2011, 01:56:29 pm »

Heh, this time I started with the 'heat dissipation' bionic. Immune to temperatures up to 2000 degrees F.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, is there a way to permanently light a tile on fire?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:27 pm »

Number sixteen is the most promising subject yet. Managed to put a silencer on my glock, and now I'm running away from a horde of triffids and zombies.

Also, why is the underbrush forming a tree and stabbing the queen triffid?

EDIT: Oh, and I got an ID card from a group of dead scientists. would've grabbed his hazmat suit, but i'm carrying too much as is.

EDIT: Alas, poor sixteen was dead before the wonders of science could be explored.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:01:31 pm by ggamer »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4597 on: August 05, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

NOOOO! Johny jones!

Sigh. Over 10 in melee and piercing, armed with a stabbity stick, level three of the labs, I think I'm doing fine, and then... dead. should''ve watched my health better. On the upside, I was one-hitting manhacks, so they're not too bad.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4598 on: August 05, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »

How much work would it be to make items combine in your inventory into stacks larger than you find them in?

Like the 9mm +P+ ammo. It's great ammo, and I find enough of it - I just can't carry it due to the item limit. It separates in stacks of 10. It's fine only finding it in stacks of 10, but it would be nice if I could combine those stacks up to 50 or 100 or something. I'm usually limited by the item limit more than I am by the volume or weight limits. Even other small items would be nice to stack. Batteries, for instance. They take very little volume, but carrying a bunch of them isn't viable due to the item limit. If they could stack up to 1000 it would be far more convenient for carrying and storing them.

The game already handles stacking items, picking up two half used stacks of 50 batteries combines it into a stack of 100. And it already multiplies the weight based on how big a stack is. All thats really missing is the volume calculation based on stack size and a stack limit higher than the spawn size, but I'm not sure if that would be difficult to add in or not. Can't seem to find the bit that deals with that in the source - guess I'll keep digging :)

To really flesh out the feature you'd also need a way to separate items other than loading them into something and unloading, though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: August 05, 2011, 04:43:48 pm »

Yeah, all it needs is a difference between stack size and spawn size for now, it should fix the issue.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: August 05, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »

Holy crap, lightning just struck 10 feet away and demolished and lit on fire a whole section of the house I'm in. :O
The house appears to be slowly burning down.

And now I died after using the fire to almost live. Had about half a dozen zombies chasing me; already in heavy pain and my gun unloaded (after shooting a couple necromancers and a fast zombie they kept rezzing). Lost all but 3; 2 normal zombies and a skeleton. Ran back into the burning building, took off my pants, then ate them; I have the combustion power source, you see, and then walked right into the blazing inferno. Unfortunately, while it killed the two zombies, the skeleton was immune to it, and even if it had died, I probably would have died from the smoke inhalation (I had only a couple torso hit points left). I think I managed to die far enough away for the handgun and more importantly ammo to survive for the next guy.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »

I second that, I never reach weight/volume limits, its always the item limits that kill me.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

erick1294

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: August 05, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »

I second that, I never reach weight/volume limits, its always the item limits that kill me.
You should just stockpile everything on your fort and only bring weapons and medicine

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: August 05, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Hey, I really love this game but I unfortunately kind of suck at surviving for longer than 2-3 days so does anyone have any advice on long-term survival?
Also, out of curiosity what are the radios going to be used for in future releases?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: August 05, 2011, 07:01:03 pm »

Find a basement and store it with food and water and set traps everywhere and on top floor too and then stay inside for days reading books and magazines and eating and sleeping

Edit: Or go outside and train your fighting skills and hope no hulk or army of necromancers chase you
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 777