Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1299824 times)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3615 on: July 29, 2011, 06:36:24 am »

Finally made it to a lab and learned the back story. Maybe now I can actually contribute with some stories/more back story.       ;)

Not a great idea, user-contributed stories tend to clash with the original stuff. If anything better send Whales a digest of what story you want, instead of code, so he can adapt if he likes.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: July 29, 2011, 06:55:14 am »

What about cemeteries and fire departmets? :D

Build a safe house on a cemetery! What could possibly go wrong?!
(Better yet : A cemetery build on top of an ancient Indian burial ground)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:59 am »

Build a safe house on a cemetery! What could possibly go wrong?!
(Better yet : A cemetery build on top of an ancient Indian burial ground)

Also with increased spawn rate around cemeteries, it would be a lot of !!Fun!! :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:38 am »

Fire departments will come in the next release, with bistro and some other buildings which I will decide to include.

Churches.
*snip*

Perhaps add a new item 'holy water' just for flavor, would naturally be not much different from ordinary water perhaps boost morale a bit more, somehow idk. Main thing is to make sure all those new building have some loot and/or a reason to visit beyond sightseeing.
Well, basketball court and playground are not "just for looks", but for more ways to slow zombies and more use of the parkour trait. Bars (and bistros) are for food (although I should probably increase the spawn rate of food in bars, right now they are pretty looted). Fire department will have fire axes and lots of fire extinguishers. Also a place where you will get enough hoses for xbow crafting :P. Right now only the church is for the sight seeing (and quick death, those tight corridors and small rooms just beg for something bad to happen).

Nice deon, btw can you make variations of those new buildings? Like different types of bars? Some bars could also have basements dedicated to illegal activity so you could find there guns, heroin, cocaine and stuff...
Sure. At first I want to increase the amount of possible different lots which you can find in towns. After that I will add variations (the only variations right now are either glass walls or windows for the bar :P).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:42:10 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:29 am »

Also with increased spawn rate around cemeteries, it would be a lot of !!Fun!! :D

Doesn't make sense thoug. The zombies are probably "28 days later" infected zombies, and even if not and they are reanimated dead bodies, they lay under six feet of dirt or under heavy stone crypts in mausoleums.
The most obvious place for highest zombie populations are the hospitals, lots of people and lots of bitten people in one place.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3620 on: July 29, 2011, 07:52:31 am »

Doesn't make sense thoug. The zombies are probably "28 days later" infected zombies, and even if not and they are reanimated dead bodies, they lay under six feet of dirt or under heavy stone crypts in mausoleums.
They're reanimated dead bodies, which explains why you won't get infected with anything, because there is no infection.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:52 am »

*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: July 29, 2011, 08:03:33 am »

The most obvious place for highest zombie populations are the hospitals, lots of people and lots of bitten people in one place.
What? Someone probably have never visited labs. It's not a virus how we usually understand it, and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No more spoilers, just general knowledge here :).

So graveyards with more zombies make no sense.

Spoiler: reply (click to show/hide)

They're reanimated dead bodies, which explains why you won't get infected with anything, because there is no infection.
The infection may be in you as well, we just don't know it because we don't play after death :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: July 29, 2011, 08:04:26 am »

Woo, Formatting fail :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:07:38 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:05 am »

Yeah I was typing it before you wrote your post.
But you were wrong, those things do not kill anyone, they just infect them. Like that liquid from the Reanimator horror movie.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: July 29, 2011, 08:07:02 am »

Yeah,
I was attempting a reply and ended up with a mess of formatting errors just now
*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: July 29, 2011, 08:12:04 am »

I've found an error. The latest Windows version does not show the "Really drop * and pick up *? (Y/N)" prompt anymore when your inventory is full and you try to pick something big up.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: July 29, 2011, 08:14:30 am »

Just downloaded Deon's latest mod, which makes me sad to abandon my old character on the older version. I finally got a laser rifle and it was awesome. The fact that there is a missile silo on my new version makes up for it and the churches are cool. If there are priest robes there it would be great to roleplay a priest trying to cleanse the zombies with holy light(if I find one in a lab) and bullets. My base would be a church.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: July 29, 2011, 09:07:47 am »

Just downloaded Deon's latest mod, which makes me sad to abandon my old character on the older version. I finally got a laser rifle and it was awesome. The fact that there is a missile silo on my new version makes up for it and the churches are cool. If there are priest robes there it would be great to roleplay a priest trying to cleanse the zombies with holy light(if I find one in a lab) and bullets. My base would be a church.

I completely support this. Kicking ass for the Lord.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:15 am »

I completely support this. Kicking ass for the Lord.

I think one would need sacremntal wine as well.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 777