Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1300213 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3315 on: July 27, 2011, 03:35:51 am »

Deon's little mod V10.

- 13 new food items, including ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, weird fruit, raw potato, baked potato, scrambled egg, bread, fruit pie, pizza, dinner, broth, soup, tomato juice, apple juice, peach juice, grape juice).
- New cooking recipes, which make cooking become a more useful skill, especially because now flour, sugar and salt take place of some previously edible food.
- New recipe for a superglue (weird fruit + ammonia, requires no skill and 1 unit of hotplate).
- Tweaks to cooking times.
- New gun mods (a scope for rifles and L.A.M. for everything, to increase accuracy).
- Army helmet is renamed to combat helmet and gets protective glasses (environment protection).
- Sledgehammers appear in more places.
- Zombies do significally more melee damage.
- New blind zombie (zombie banshee).
- Season changed to summer, less painful acid rain.
- New terrain - badlands (with litter and junk piles).
- Gun names now contain the gun type and ammo.
- Juices are fun to drink; you can craft orange, apple and tomato juices.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?91xzz67enzidtd6

So yeah, you can now mix water and fruits to get juices. Also, any reason why didn't we get happiness from drinking juices before, Whales? They are tasty, even in description :).

I've also fixed the bug with knife charges and a gun in the pizza recipe.
The cooking crafting menu now has enough items to fill the screen. We need a scrolling list there, Whales :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: July 27, 2011, 03:47:37 am »

- Added 'aluminium baseball bat'
I'd suggest renaming it to "aluminum baseball bat". I think aluminum was taken as the English standard.

Noooooooope. Aluminium remains the correct usage, though aluminum has been granted 'acceptable alternative' status.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3317 on: July 27, 2011, 03:54:12 am »

Hm, the whole Integrated toolset bionic seems a bit OP, could it be made so that it only represented tools like hacksaw, screwdriver, soldering iron, etc.? And perhaps require the use of batteries, though, taking the charges straight from the ones in your inventory? However comedic it may be, I do not like the look of cooking an entire spaghetti meal using the swiss omni-knife out of my hands, let alone without any energy cost.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: July 27, 2011, 03:56:15 am »

Hm, the whole Integrated toolset bionic seems a bit OP, could it be made so that it only represented tools like hacksaw, screwdriver, soldering iron, etc.? And perhaps require the use of batteries, though, taking the charges straight from the ones in your inventory? However comedic it may be, I do not like the look of cooking an entire spaghetti meal using the swiss omni-knife out of my hands, let alone without any energy cost.

http://cataclysmff.zxq.net/SMF/index.php?topic=44.0
*Hugs*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: July 27, 2011, 04:00:08 am »

My writing tends to be more serious, it will be fun to challenge my self with humorous situations like the all purpose bionic tool.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: July 27, 2011, 04:00:27 am »

I'd suggest renaming it to "aluminum baseball bat". I think aluminum was taken as the English standard.

Noooooooope. Aluminium remains the correct usage, though aluminum has been granted 'acceptable alternative' status.

But the game is set in New England, where "aluminum" is correct ;)  That said, it's his mod, he can call stuff whatever he likes!

Ninja'd on Integrated Toolset.  I will be using FunctionZero's recommended fix.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 27, 2011, 05:07:51 am »

But the game is set in New England, where "aluminum" is correct ;)  That said, it's his mod, he can call stuff whatever he likes!

Ninja'd on Integrated Toolset.  I will be using FunctionZero's recommended fix.

Everyone knows the apocalypse will be brought on by Americans who insist on butchering the English language! :P

No but in all seriousness guys that's just how I learned to say it and how people from where I'm from pronounce it al-i-mini-um.

8) mucho love to all my American homies... Don't send the CIA after me, I was just kidding!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: July 27, 2011, 06:34:06 am »

It's aluminium in Russia too :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: July 27, 2011, 07:16:29 am »

There should be a way to put stuff at shelves and refrigerators.
Food gets rotten very quickly in my opinion. I don't rembember when but I think it was day 10 when I started seeing rotten food.
Foods in refrigerator shouldn't rot that quickly.

Keep Cataclysm going it's awesome  :D

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 27, 2011, 07:23:02 am »

*snip* Aluminium remains the correct usage, though aluminum has been granted 'acceptable alternative' status.

Oh god please no, lack of resistance is how 'nucular' gets granted 'acceptable alternative' status in the future. Might as well rename shotgun to 'boom-stick' in the game too then ! No, this deviance must cease right here and now. Modern colloquial English be damned.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:47:52 am by Ordokai »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40:40 am »

Don't worry, it's just the national linguistic equivalent of spelling your kid's name weirdly because they're a special flower. It'll pass.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 27, 2011, 08:15:04 am »

Wow, Deon, Nice mod. I live on Grape juice and pizza.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:18 am »

Thank you :). I will release a new version soon, based on the latest Head's patch (with all the crash fixes).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:36 am »

Thank you :). I will release a new version soon, based on the latest Head's patch (with all the crash fixes).
Oh your welcome.
Also how can I power myself with well nothing and what is the Diamond Cornea for?
Both Bionics BTW.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:52:07 am by Nienhaus »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:59 am »

In the bionic screen, press ! and then the letter of the bionic for a description.  Subdermal filament negates temperature changes between 0-140, and diamond cornea's increase perception by 2.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 777