Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1300481 times)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3090 on: July 26, 2011, 12:16:16 am »

I like these copbot things! The eyebot guys seem kind of odd, though, they're fine with just hanging around and snapping your picture over and over instead of trying to get away after getting the evidence. I don't really like how zombies don't trigger the alarm, but I guess it's necessary to some degree.

The eyebots are trying to document your location.  I suppose I could make them back off after snapping your photo, though!
And I don't like how zombies don't trigger the alarm either, but for now it's the only fair solution I can see (not unavoidable doom for the player, not a zombie farming exploit either).

I haven't noticed, does the game have clips for its revolvers or are they loaded one bullet at a time?
What you're thinking of are speedloaders, not clips. And yeah, it seems it does have them, as the revolvers don't have the "one at a time" loading flag like some shotguns. Feature or oversight, Whales?

Huh, oversight I guess!  I'll make revolvers single-loading; this will help to differentiate them from pistols.  I'll also consider removing the ability to silence them, although that would severely nerf revolvers and basically just make them the crappy version of a better gun.

Speedloaders are the type of clip I was thinking of, yeah.
Hm, maybe the speed loader can be reloaded in the inventory screen, so you'd have a loaded speed loader in your inventory, and if you reload the revolver, you can select the speedloader, unloading it and reloading the revolver quickly. Alternately, have the speedloader be (a)pplied on the revolver in question when it is empty.

Oh god, the micromanagement!  I like the idea of a speedloader as a weapon mod that works only for revolvers; by "attaching" it to your revolver, you're indicating that you intend to use a speedloader in the future, and the gun will be converted to full-load.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:38 am »

Just like a speed loader for revolvers, perhaps we could use a clips system for other guns. Like a clip must be preloaded then loaded into the gun. I like the way that sounds. Alot.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 26, 2011, 12:52:50 am »

Just like a speed loader for revolvers, perhaps we could use a clips system for other guns. Like a clip must be preloaded then loaded into the gun. I like the way that sounds. Alot.

Sounds like a chore and even more inventory management, to me.  I know that's the realistic way, but there's a reason that nearly any game with guns lets you just "reload."
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 26, 2011, 12:58:26 am »

Revolvers are stronger than other handguns in my experience, though. I had an S&W 610 doing 40s while a USP 9mm was doing 20s. This was without any experience at all.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:24 am »

>clips

Also, I'm three minutes into a new game, and I SHOULD QUIT THE GAME IMMEDIATELY.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:10:30 am by Farce »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 26, 2011, 01:03:06 am »

Yeah, I know your going for more of a fun over realism approach, I was just throwing that idea out there if anybody wanted it for a realism mod.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 26, 2011, 01:37:03 am »

Sounds like a chore and even more inventory management, to me.  I know that's the realistic way, but there's a reason that nearly any game with guns lets you just "reload."
I agree here.

Also, some old revolvers which seal the cylinder gap can be used with silencers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0

We could have a few like those.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 26, 2011, 01:46:17 am »

Anyone have a reliable light source for reading? Apparently going upstairs and reading in front of the staircase gives a chance for zombies to spawn downstairs..... it's some rifle practice, but cmon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:30 am »

Cataclysm roguelike: be a schizophrenic druggie to survive the zombie apocalypse!

It teaches us about life.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:06 am »

Ah, nothing like killing your mother and then countering it with copious amounts of cocain!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: July 26, 2011, 01:58:31 am »

Omg, cracked a bank vault and got a goo canister and a plutonium cell, someone tell me what to do with them!

Also, zombies don't seem to like mornings.

Also also, zombies see to be able to see you through barricades. One started banging on one after I started reading a book. Can zombies even destroy barricades?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 26, 2011, 02:00:59 am »

Its your smell.

and yes. Otherwise barricades would be OP.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:00 am »

But I never left my house and was downstairs for en entire day. Smell spreads out?

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 26, 2011, 02:13:00 am »

Quote from: SirAaronIII
Revolvers are stronger than other handguns in my experience, though. I had an S&W 610 doing 40s while a USP 9mm was doing 20s. This was without any experience at all.
I think that can be attributed to the round you were firing.  The 10mm Auto is 1.5 times as damaging as the 9mm round in raw damage, and it also has five times the armor piercing capability.

Quote from: Micro102
Anyone have a reliable light source for reading? Apparently going upstairs and reading in front of the staircase gives a chance for zombies to spawn downstairs..... it's some rifle practice, but cmon.
Flashlights.  They're more or less useful depending on whether unloading radios is bugged for you or not.  If they aren't bugged, two radios contain enough batteries for a marathon reading session that covers all the important books.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:57 am »

Dam, and I passed at least 3 radios so far.

Someone tell me what to do with this goo..... Or I'm drinking it...

Is toilet water safe to drink?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 777