Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1300531 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3075 on: July 25, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »

This game would be awesome for me... if it didn't constantly crash. I'm not sure what the problem is, but sometimes when I @, $, or do many other normal things, it just closes. I know it's an alpha, but it doesn't seem to be happening much with other people. Any of you got any idea how to help?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 25, 2011, 09:48:24 pm »

This game would be awesome for me... if it didn't constantly crash. I'm not sure what the problem is, but sometimes when I @, $, or do many other normal things, it just closes. I know it's an alpha, but it doesn't seem to be happening much with other people. Any of you got any idea how to help?

Sometimes I crash just by walking down a road *shrug*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:29 pm »

I haven't noticed, does the game have clips for its revolvers or are they loaded one bullet at a time?

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »

Suggestion, make normal extended magazines incompatible with revolvers, you can't quite do that with, well revolvers.

This would also be true for quite a few other guns though. I tend to assume the acquisition of all the necessary parts and tools for the modification from the gunshop depending on the firearm in question but the revolvers do pose a problem. On the other hand actually going through and making sure every combination of gun and mod seems feasible is the stuff of tedium, not to mention the introduced gameplay balance issues. Not sure how to best approach this to be honest.

More item flags. Always gotta have more item flags.
Or customisable item classes with flags. Like, you'd put the "revolver" class on all revolvers, then forbid using the "revolver" class items at the item mod itself.
That'd be the easiest, in my opinion.

Indeed, also we could go further by having unique mods for the different gun classes. The gun nuts among us should have a field day with this. If work is put in this could add depth without much complexity, after all mods already have the 'can be used with' line that can be quite readily expanded upon. Trick would be striking a good balance between differentiating guns into clear categories and breaking them down to too many parts while still maintaining logic and rudimentary authenticity.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:56:29 pm by Ordokai »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:37 pm »

I haven't noticed, does the game have clips for its revolvers or are they loaded one bullet at a time?
What you're thinking of are speedloaders, not clips. And yeah, it seems it does have them, as the revolvers don't have the "one at a time" loading flag like some shotguns. Feature or oversight, Whales?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »

Speedloaders are the type of clip I was thinking of, yeah.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3081 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »

Speedloaders are the type of clip I was thinking of, yeah.
Hm, maybe the speed loader can be reloaded in the inventory screen, so you'd have a loaded speed loader in your inventory, and if you reload the revolver, you can select the speedloader, unloading it and reloading the revolver quickly. Alternately, have the speedloader be (a)pplied on the revolver in question when it is empty.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:13 pm »

You already get the option to choose a clip to load from, you'd just have to choose the speedloader clip instead of the loose bullets.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 25, 2011, 11:00:18 pm »

Shouldn't it be impossible to put a silencer on revolvers, as well?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »

I guess it should be. All the in-game revolvers are the kind with a gap between the cylinder and the barrel.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 25, 2011, 11:17:07 pm »

I have a similar problem. Whenever I open the @ screen, trying to open any other screen after that crashes the game. Try playing the game without using the @ screen and see how that goes.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 25, 2011, 11:22:28 pm »

The easiest way around that crash is to simply shift+S (save and exit) and load the game up again when you check the character screen. It's a nuisance for sure, but it isn't that difficult to get around. The only problem I've noticed with reloading a game like that is that it can change the weather.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »

I guess it should be. All the in-game revolvers are the kind with a gap between the cylinder and the barrel.
Well, reading through some more gun-oriented forums, I've found that a revolver could be silenced by wrapping a wet rag around the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, in additio to using the silencer.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 25, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »

There were also some revolvers that you could suppress, a revolver from WWII comes to mind (the Nagant M1895)

Also, some guns have integrated suppressors (MP5SD for example).

Some guns just can't be suppressed due to how they function (Shotguns. I'm not sure if you can suppress shotguns when they are using slugs though, I've never heard anything about that)

I'm not sure if it's implemented but suppressors and certain modifications on guns should increase the volume and weight of them.

EDIT: Suppressors typically 'extend' the barrel of a firearm, increasing muzzle velocity and perhaps even increasing accuracy. Higher muzzle velocity could mean better penetration or more damage. They also pretty much negate the "flash" a firearm makes at nighttime so you can't see them firing at night (not entirely sure, but they might lessen smoke puffs from them during the day)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:40:37 pm by OzyTheSage »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 25, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »

Some guns just can't be suppressed due to how they function (Shotguns. I'm not sure if you can suppress shotguns when they are using slugs though, I've never heard anything about that)
Actually, shotguns are able to be silenced. However, the difference in decibels isn't really much. So they'd not be very useful.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 777