Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1300519 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3060 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »

Wtf?

I'm inside a house after raiding a police station and setting it on fire to escape from a mob of zombies, I'm walking around with an empty desert eagle, and I run into a house after being chased by a good 30 zeds. I see the event screen randomly say Christian Hale's head has exploded and I'm like, who? Wtf?

I go outside and find a human corpse with a TDI Vector submachine gun and tons of ammo, plus all leather gear and motorcycle helmet.

What is this, some sort of Terminator joke?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 25, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »

Wtf?

I'm inside a house after raiding a police station and setting it on fire to escape from a mob of zombies, I'm walking around with an empty desert eagle, and I run into a house after being chased by a good 30 zeds. I see the event screen randomly say Christian Hale's head has exploded and I'm like, who? Wtf?

I go outside and find a human corpse with a TDI Vector submachine gun and tons of ammo, plus all leather gear and motorcycle helmet.

What is this, some sort of Terminator joke?

Huh, weird. I thought the NPCs were disabled in the newer versions.
You do have the newer version, right?

And you haven't accidentaly pressed shift+g, right?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: July 25, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »

Ok seriously though how do i avoid these massive zombie hoards?  I can't seem to get a hang of it.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:06 pm »

Right now people will enjoy the cooking aspect. Why wouldn't you merge it in along with the flour, sugar, salt and mutfruit, and some new food items? Everything in the code is commented with "// Deon's mod".
But would mutfruit even fit in the world of Cataclysm?
It's actually called "a weird fruit", so why not. Just some mutated fruit, and there's already a mutated berry.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: July 25, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »

Nope, no shift-g as far as I remember, and I'm using the newest version.

It was really, really random.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 25, 2011, 08:06:04 pm »

I failed hacking into a police station and a fuckton of manhacks spawned out of nowhere, isn't that a bit of overkill?
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3066 on: July 25, 2011, 08:08:02 pm »

I failed hacking into a police station and a fuckton of manhacks spawned out of nowhere, isn't that a bit of overkill?
Especially considering there is no one to preform maintenance on them for so many to spawn, yeah.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: July 25, 2011, 08:11:36 pm »

Just started a new character and I found a chainsaw in the basement.
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »

I like these copbot things! The eyebot guys seem kind of odd, though, they're fine with just hanging around and snapping your picture over and over instead of trying to get away after getting the evidence. I don't really like how zombies don't trigger the alarm, but I guess it's necessary to some degree.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »

Ok seriously though how do i avoid these massive zombie hoards?  I can't seem to get a hang of it.

Burn zombie corpses to create smoke to draw them towards the fire and erase your scent trail. Also try to find a choke point on a window if it's just normal zombies since it is better to just kill them off.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3072 on: July 25, 2011, 09:18:37 pm »

Suggestion, make normal extended magazines incompatible with revolvers, you can't quite do that with, well revolvers.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: July 25, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »

For the love of newly generated worlds !

Unlike mine, your suggestion will get further attention based on its merit alone. Already our illustrious leader obviously buzzes with enthusiasm, commented with caps and all ! 

I did it primarily to further advertise the new forum on this new page though, we should occasionally do this until the OP updates his post with the information.

Suggestion, make normal extended magazines incompatible with revolvers, you can't quite do that with, well revolvers.

This would also be true for quite a few other guns though. I tend to assume the acquisition of all the necessary parts and tools for the modification from the gunshop depending on the firearm in question but the revolvers do pose a problem. On the other hand actually going through and making sure every combination of gun and mod seems feasible is the stuff of tedium, not to mention the introduced gameplay balance issues. Not sure how to best approach this to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:36:29 pm by Ordokai »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:37 pm »

This would also be true for quite a few other guns though. I tend to assume the acquisition of all the necessary parts and tools for the modification from the gunshop depending on the firearm in question but the revolvers do pose a problem. On the other hand actually going through and making sure every combination of gun and mod seems feasible is the stuff of tedium, not to mention the introduced gameplay balance issues. Not sure how to best approach this to be honest.

More item flags. Always gotta have more item flags.
Or customisable item classes with flags. Like, you'd put the "revolver" class on all revolvers, then forbid using the "revolver" class items at the item mod itself.
That'd be the easiest, in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 777