Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1300728 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2850 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:25 am »

Most of my characters tend to be melee only in the beginning, though I do grab a shotgun for emergencys.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:09 am »

By the way, I think they should slightly nerf some of the guns found in basements. One time I found a freaking AK47...

High-damage, but you're probably not skilled with it, it's really loud, and you probably won't be able to find enough ammo to keep it going for long. I consider that balanced.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:54 am »

By the way, I think they should slightly nerf some of the guns found in basements. One time I found a freaking AK47...

High-damage, but you're probably not skilled with it, it's really loud, and you probably won't be able to find enough ammo to keep it going for long. I consider that balanced.

I meant it should be nerfed roleplaying-wise. Some people may keep a few handguns or rifles, but I don't know anyone who owns an AK47 :P

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 24, 2011, 11:43:48 am »

Well, I know 4 people who own M4s and M4A1s.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 24, 2011, 11:46:39 am »

Well, I know 4 people who own M4s and M4A1s.

Really? Must be a regional thing here, I don't know many people who own guns at all.

mrchace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: July 24, 2011, 11:59:13 am »

I gotta say, it seems pretty common down here in florida that many people own VERY LARGE GUNS! I know a few people with ak's (simi and one guy has an auto!), at least two guys with m4, one with a bushmaster, countless with shotguns a highpower pistols. I Tend to think that finding an ak in a basement (IF ONLY RARLY) is a quite natural occurance. I find it super rare that a gun is in my starting location. One time i found a Taurus pro with 50 rounds sitting on the bed next to me, but other then that usually have a hard time just finding a backpack to keep stuff in.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 24, 2011, 12:03:47 pm »

It is slightly setting-breaking to have all these large guns available for sale in what is ostensibly New England.  My half-assed excuse is that it's the year 20XX, and the Teapartiers have seized control of the nation prior to the apocalypse (kind of a reverse LCS scenario, perhaps :P)
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 24, 2011, 12:11:00 pm »

New England? I know plenty of folks in the region with guns, gun collectors, etc.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:52 pm »

I'm not up on gun laws, but here in Massachusetts I'm fairly certain you can't walk into a gun store and find a SCAR-H behind the counter.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 24, 2011, 12:19:45 pm »

When I lived in kentucky, you could go into any big city pawn shop and get a p-90 machine gun. They have all kinds of full automatic weapons.

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

I live in a small rural town and everyone and their grandma owns at least one gun. Hell my grandpa has about 20 or so rifles in a closet in the living room.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 24, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

I was born in Arkansas, and there were guns EVERYWHERE, but in the New England setting I think less people would have guns.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 24, 2011, 12:34:34 pm »

Ok then, an ak in the basement is now feasible. Also, not every body has permits for their guns, and some could be there illeagaly.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 24, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

I'm fairly sure you're supposed to keep all of your weapons locked in a safe, not just lying around in your basement.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 24, 2011, 01:13:51 pm »

Basements, safes, same thing, amiright?

Regardless, people don't follow regs. And I've seen gun stores selling some pretty crazy stuff even in New England - Northern New England especially caters to Hunters, and there is a whole spectrum of equipment for them that one wouldn't normally associate with hunting.

I don't know if every gun found in the shops is accurate, of course, but I haven't noticed anything exceptionally out of the ordinary.

Not all guns in shops are for sale, either, I'd imagine - some might just be for display or for the owner to show off.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 777