Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1299756 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2145 on: July 19, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

10)Scent. Zombies can track you by your smell. Yet there is no way to change or smell or lay false scent trails.

I might be wrong, but isn't there a CBM that disguises your scent trail?
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:56 pm »

Woo! Finally made it past the first night, lol! 6 AM now, my trusty dog protected me though I had to move to a different house when a lightning strike set the back room on fire and destroyed a few walls... I've got a BB gun though its damn near useless, and I fashioned myself a wooden spear. The butcher knife I found also comes in handy, I hope it does give me a butcher skill bonus as the info implies. :)

All in all, I've got a wooden spear for a weapon, a frying pan, a butcher knife, bandages, aspirin, plenty of water in plastic bottles, scissors, needle&thread, string, rags, some alcohol, a molotov I made, I reinforced my cargo pants and my shirt for added protection, I've got a backpack, and with my packrat skill, I'm carrying 65/129 volume :D

I'm still going house to house on my block in a forest, afraid to move into the city. I think I'll take things slowly this time, rather than bum-rush into the city to get killed... :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2147 on: July 19, 2011, 10:03:35 pm »

You reinforced your clothes? how do you do that?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 19, 2011, 10:05:11 pm »

Woo! Finally made it past the first night, lol! 6 AM now, my trusty dog protected me though I had to move to a different house when a lightning strike set the back room on fire and destroyed a few walls... I've got a BB gun though its damn near useless, and I fashioned myself a wooden spear. The butcher knife I found also comes in handy, I hope it does give me a butcher skill bonus as the info implies. :)

All in all, I've got a wooden spear for a weapon, a frying pan, a butcher knife, bandages, aspirin, plenty of water in plastic bottles, scissors, needle&thread, string, rags, some alcohol, a molotov I made, I reinforced my cargo pants and my shirt for added protection, I've got a backpack, and with my packrat skill, I'm carrying 65/129 volume :D

I'm still going house to house on my block in a forest, afraid to move into the city. I think I'll take things slowly this time, rather than bum-rush into the city to get killed... :)
You forgot to take a lighter. That molotov is useless without one.
Also, don't be like me and forget to light it before throwing.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 19, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »

You probally need to level up tailoring to a certain level.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 19, 2011, 10:15:44 pm »

'a'pply the sewing kit, then select a clothing.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2151 on: July 19, 2011, 10:18:29 pm »

DERP

I feel dumb now.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 19, 2011, 10:20:08 pm »

I've got a few lighters.

WTF.

Reinforced my trenchcoat, it made encumberance go from 2 to 1, but I still have 4 encumber when I put it on, rather than 3.

NOT COOL. I wonder if the added protection is even calculated, or the code-string for that isn't set up, making just cosmetic... Bah.

I want my improved armor >:(
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 19, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »

DERP

I feel dumb now.

Don't worry about it, mate. I'm an obsessive compulsive perfectionist businessman slash poet, singer, musician and writer, who touches EVERYTHING to see how it works. I LOVE taking things apart and used to take electronics apart and mix chemicals/liquids/etc in 'chemistry experiments' as a child. Needless to say, I ruined a lot of shit as a kid, set a few fires, had fun with explosives, and found out a lot of interesting things about electrical engineering through sheer curiosity. ;)

Never did test out the ammonia+bleach thing though my 7th grade science teacher taught me the chemical formula for how to make whatever the damn poison gas is called, lol.

Fun times :) I'd like to emulate that in Cataclysm/my own (possible, future) games by rewarding people who are a little too curious for their own good. ;)

I think it'd be good to add many 'useless' items to clutter up homes and shops, and have interesting reactions from a few of them that yield random tools, weapons, etc. Hell, you can actually fabricate your own screwdriver or hammer, make a saw(not a very good one, but if you can use a butcher knife or machete to make a spear then I don't think it'll be an issue >_>), etc.

You can't exactly make your own radio from scratch, but I like how you can make a silencer from a muffler and rags, etc, and other such things. :D

Someone needs to get a few do-it-yourself articles and incorporate that stuff into the game, 'cause in the even of nuclear war/zombie apocalypse, it'll be HEAVILY relied upon, from rain water condensation & natural filtering systems to impromptu weaponry and sources of food, well, that'll be very very nice.

It'd be awesome if eventually we can make our own houses, build extra walls/barricades/windows/doors/etc, take them down for materials, etc. Perhaps farm, mine for stone, etc.

Make it less of a short-term game and more of a long-term, if you ever get that far. ;) I'd love the human settlement/outpost idea also, of having a number of people in certain buildings, ALTHOUGH the noise/scent/cooking/etc. will attract hordes of zombies from which you must defend yourselves, etc.

So many possibilities!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: July 19, 2011, 10:32:25 pm »

Has anyone set up a fan/modding forum for Cataclysm yet? If so, I've got extensive forum experience and I wouldn't mind moderating to keep posts concise, spam-free, and fix any linguistic issues that may arise from having multi-national individuals all trying to speak the same language. Gods know I'm horrible when I start speaking Portuguese or Spanish >_>

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 19, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

I was messing around generating NPCs (unfortunately every time I ended dialogue their head would explode, dropping their items :D) and kept getting debug messages. What's the key to turn them off?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 19, 2011, 10:35:01 pm »

Has anyone set up a fan/modding forum for Cataclysm yet? If so, I've got extensive forum experience and I wouldn't mind moderating to keep posts concise, spam-free, and fix any linguistic issues that may arise from having multi-national individuals all trying to speak the same language. Gods know I'm horrible when I start speaking Portuguese or Spanish >_>

I would love to have a fan forum for Cataclysm--it seems like the interest is there--but as far as I know, there isn't one.  If you know of a good hosting service, or can provide hosting yourself, please let me know, or just go ahead and set it up.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 19, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

I was messing around generating NPCs (unfortunately every time I ended dialogue their head would explode, dropping their items :D) and kept getting debug messages. What's the key to turn them off?
The debug messages? The tilde ( ~ ) key.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 19, 2011, 10:43:29 pm »

Doh! I was hitting control `

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 19, 2011, 10:43:45 pm »

I would love to have a fan forum for Cataclysm--it seems like the interest is there--but as far as I know, there isn't one.  If you know of a good hosting service, or can provide hosting yourself, please let me know, or just go ahead and set it up.

Eh, I have a personal forum for my novels and stories on ZetaBoards, but I've seen a few better boards out there. After the previous host changed to ZetaBoards I no longer have any damn idea what the hell I'm doing, though there are now hundreds of new, complicated features lol.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 777