Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298738 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1485 on: July 11, 2011, 04:36:20 pm »

Try running the Windows version 1.3.5 it is a lot more stable for me. You'd have to search back quite a few pages for that though, or maybe it's linked in the downloads.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 11, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »

Hey, minor glitch in 1.3.7: Fleet-Footed gives no speed bonus.

I don't think it's supposed to give you a flat speed bonus. I think it decreases the amount of action points it takes to run on hard surfaces such as roads or floors. So run from the hulk on the road not in the fields.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 11, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 11, 2011, 05:13:05 pm »

Try running the Windows version 1.3.5 it is a lot more stable for me. You'd have to search back quite a few pages for that though, or maybe it's linked in the downloads.

Just check Head's download page on github: https://github.com/headswe/Cataclysm/downloads

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 11, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »

100 pages, that was fast.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 11, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

Molotovs are awesome. That's all I've got so far.

Made it through my first day. Haven't reached the second yet :P Night time...

The food clock's kinda' annoying, as it usually is to me. Any simple way to turn it off?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 11, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

Today I learned that it's probably a good idea to leave a small path out when digging a "moat" around a safe house. At first I thought they just obstructed movement without doing any damage, didn't realize how painful they could be until I fell down twice in a row and died. Oops.

This game is incredible, though. I really like how the world is persistent between characters, especially with the "multiplayer." It adds some interesting things, like having to deal with traps set by other people and randomly finding corpses. If only all of the gun shops weren't completely looted of ammo, though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:05:42 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 11, 2011, 07:12:14 pm »

Today I learned that it's probably a good idea to leave a small path out when digging a "moat" around a safe house. At first I thought they just obstructed movement without doing any damage, didn't realize how painful they could be until I fell down twice in a row and died. Oops.

This game is incredible, though. I really like how the world is persistent between characters, especially with the "multiplayer." It adds some interesting things, like having to deal with traps set by other people and randomly finding corpses. If only all of the gun shops weren't completely looted of ammo, though.
You can  "disarm" pits the same was as other traps, but it still leaves the slowing pit. Of course, there is no visual difference between the two, so you have to remember your path. Good news is that in theory, you can use this to secure a personal house, since no one else will know the safe path.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »

Yeah I can't play the game right now unfortunately since going to the '@' screen and then my inventory crashes the game every time, it happens every time and is repeatable to do 100% for me.  I tried the newest version and it still happens.  I guess I could play without going to my '@' screen or just play the PuTTY server but oh well.

I'm using Windows XP as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »

That was one of th'things that was happening to me in th'1.3.7 windows port/build/thing. Haven't had that problem in 1.3.5 yet, which is nice. Just wish there was a 'smite NPC' button, heh. Is there a smite npc button? Ruddy debug commands all up in my bee-slaying face.
Ask not!
Ask!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 11, 2011, 08:35:39 pm »

Yup 1.3.5 version i get no '@' crash at all either.

1.3.4 or 1.3.6 BOTH crash for me, so I stuck on 1.3.5 version

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42:33 pm »

You can  "disarm" pits the same was as other traps, but it still leaves the slowing pit. Of course, there is no visual difference between the two, so you have to remember your path. Good news is that in theory, you can use this to secure a personal house, since no one else will know the safe path.

That's actually really neat, I didn't know that. I tried disarming the second pit after falling in the first one, but I guess my trapping skill wasn't high enough so I just fell down again.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »

In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to sleep in a liquor store during a lightning storm.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

AHAHAHAHA

Human corpses feed your internal furnace! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quick E: It would be hilarious to abuse the persistent world thing and kamikaze characters to near where'er your android main is, for free power.
Ask not!
Ask!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »

You could do the same thing with zombie corpses though.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 777