Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298168 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #840 on: July 02, 2011, 05:25:36 pm »

Speaking of NPC behavior, I came across a guy who only had a baton for a weapon, and I had a pipe.  I guess he didn't see me as a good enough target to threaten, so he was willing to trade.  I traded for his baton, leaving him defenseless.  He tried to walk away from me but hit the edge of a bridge and just sat there.  So I started wailing on him with my pipe, and he never once attacked back.

Debug messages when we traded to, "Odd size" and the encumbrance numbers for the stuff we were trading, probably because I was already at max encumbrance.  Oh yeah, and the item I traded to him (soldering iron) was not dropped when I killed him, even though it was listed in his inventory.

Pressing unused keys seems to cause odd behavior too.  Pressing "z" gave me a debug message "13 radio towers", and "G" made a new NPC pop into existence (in the middle of impassible water).

Okay... Accidentally made another NPC pop into existence, in the same position relative to me as the one before.  He ran through a long debug list about "address_needs Undecided" and decided to talk to Player, we traded (for a shotgun).  When he stopped talking, he debuged "long_term_goal Go to destination" and some other lines, and then his brain exploded.  Now that's what I call buggy behavior.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:37:26 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 02, 2011, 05:39:27 pm »

Thoes keys are debug commands.

EDIT: New version.
https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.5.zip
Just replace the exe.

No save wipe needed.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 02, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »

Okay... Accidentally made another NPC pop into existence, in the same position relative to me as the one before.  He ran through a long debug list about "address_needs Undecided" and decided to talk to Player, we traded (for a shotgun).  When he stopped talking, he debuged "long_term_goal Go to destination" and some other lines, and then his brain exploded.  Now that's what I call buggy behavior.

After that happened, now I get about a hundred debug messages a turn, of at least a half dozen NPCs (who I never seen) setting their actions to Follow Player.

By the way, pressing ~ to turn of debug doesn't seem to do anything.  A shame, because this particular game is now totally unplayable.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 02, 2011, 05:46:51 pm »

After that happened, now I get about a hundred debug messages a turn, of at least a half dozen NPCs (who I never seen) setting their actions to Follow Player.

By the way, pressing ~ to turn of debug doesn't seem to do anything.  A shame, because this particular game is now totally unplayable.

You might have to spam spacebar and slap ~

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 02, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

In the newest version, roads on the map are represented as a dark gray ^. Just like an upward-facing police station. Also, They are called "^@road".

Relatedly, in the mini-cities, shops and stuff flash with an @.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 02, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »

Newest version, windows. Every time I make a new character I spawn in one of the walls of my house. I can just walk out, but it is still odd.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:06 pm »

I merged someone's changes to make the same set of source code compilable on Windows and linux...
...and it broke the linux version.

Trying to figure out git (I'm a noobie) so I can undo that merge.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 02, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »

I merged someone's changes to make the same set of source code compilable on Windows and linux...
...and it broke the linux version.

Trying to figure out git (I'm a noobie) so I can undo that merge.

Get on irc and il try to help.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 02, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »

For the last couple of versions, I've been getting a crash bug whenever I try to unload batteries from anything. I'm running it in VirtualBox, and I got a backtrace.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 02, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »

In the newest version, roads on the map are represented as a dark gray ^. Just like an upward-facing police station. Also, They are called "^@road".

Relatedly, in the mini-cities, shops and stuff flash with an @.

The former is because of my bad merge.

The latter is because there's shopkeepers in those shops.  NPCs aren't saved with the game, so if you save and then load, they'll disappear.  The flashing @ will only appear on the first game in a new overmap.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 02, 2011, 06:50:25 pm »

For thoes that pulled the latest update (LINUX)

http://whoopshop.com/cataclysm/cataclysm-02-07-11-0217b30.tar

There are the compiled bins before that

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 02, 2011, 07:02:42 pm »

apparently i get a bonus to dodge by encumbering my legs with 2 cargo pants... wat
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 02, 2011, 07:04:42 pm »

apparently i get a bonus to dodge by encumbering my legs with 2 cargo pants... wat

Clearly, shoving pockets onto pockets turned your cargo pants into klein pants, and attacks have a chance of getting lost in the nonspace around your legs.

Or they just puffed out into cargo parachute pants, and foes are astounded by how ruggedly fly you are.

Zebulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 02, 2011, 07:07:43 pm »

As regards the @ screen crashing on XP I mentioned, I followed the instructions from the debugging page on the Wiki and this is what I got.

Note this is from 1.3.4. Hope that helps. I had the game crash on my Vista laptop after checking the @ screen earlier, but that's vanishingly rare (compared to the 'always happens' on XP) and may not be the same bug.

ALSO,

Can't wait to play around with those extra two points at char creation.

Newest version, windows. Every time I make a new character I spawn in one of the walls of my house. I can just walk out, but it is still odd.

I've had this happen occasionally for a while now as well.

Also worth noting that debug travel can put you inside the structure you're traveling to, including within a wall or display rack. This also means that, strictly speaking, you don't need an ID card to get inside a lab. (It seems this doesn't work with bank vaults, though; at least I tried for quite a while and never got inside one.)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

For those of us that eat batteries to power our bionics, would it be possible to allow us to "eat" our UPS for power. Not actually eating it of course, thus not destroying it, but instead draining it of the energy charged inside until it either runs dry or our power is filled up. I know we can just unload the UPS and eat the batteries that way, but it would make it a nice feature to be able to use them straight through the UPS instead of doing things in the roundabout manner. (Plus, you unload ALL the batteries at once, and if your inventory space is tight it means your batteries will end up on the floor as well)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:56:25 pm by Vorbicon »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 777