Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298002 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #600 on: June 30, 2011, 07:49:36 pm »

BTW, it just bugged out on me and said rats attacking me destroyed clothes I didn't have. I apparently lost a labcoat and a tank top. Also, I apparently killed a Shrieker zombie AND a regular zombie, but I only killed a regular garden-zombie that I found in the bathroom.

Wait so the zombies are from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But, do you have plans for playing as zombies?

EDIT: ^ Agreed. I wanna be rewarded for being drunk, high, and a Schizo all at the same time.
EDIT2: Also, sewer rats are overpowered. 4 of them vs. me with a 2x4 ended in a victory for them.
EDIT3: ^also, you don't get sober with vodka, you get very, very, drunk.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:56:53 pm by Geen »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 30, 2011, 07:52:25 pm »

Seems like you forgot to add my guide :P. But it seems like no one needs a double-click launcher anyway, everyone wants to type in the terminal, nerds we all are aren't we?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 30, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »

Do the components used to make an item affect its properties?  If I use 00 shot in a grenade will that be different from using gasoline in it?
Shoes...

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:33 pm »

I don't think so

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »

Ever considered a perk system? I know, I know. It's not like you actually 'level up' here,
but more like achievements system. you get sober with vodka and kill zombies with ak.
and you get a perk named 'In Soviet Russia...'
something like this.
You do kind of level up through morale I believe, and I'd be all for being able to pick a new trait after certain 'level' milestones, but I'm not too keen on achievement-style perks to be honest.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »

Okay, lost a character due to a crash, but I found a great way to make a character. Get drunken master, schizophrenic, and near sighted (Or any other -2 perk), get 6 points in unarmed, get drunk, and have a blast.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »

Having great fun! Not doing too well, though. I tried the whole 'camp out in the woods away from zombies' thing, and the forest is as bad as the freakin' city!
Anyway, I think I'm doing something wrong... Is there a way to build without carrying all the materials? The 2x4 boards I gathered were too damn heavy to carry along with a hammer, and this was a decently strong character.
Even AFTER I removed my clothes! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »

Having great fun! Not doing too well, though. I tried the whole 'camp out in the woods away from zombies' thing, and the forest is as bad as the freakin' city!
Anyway, I think I'm doing something wrong... Is there a way to build without carrying all the materials? The 2x4 boards I gathered were too damn heavy to carry along with a hammer, and this was a decently strong character.
Even AFTER I removed my clothes! :P

well I assume you can carry those with your hands, as it would be absurd to put it in your jeans pocket.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2011, 08:11:42 pm »

https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.2.zip

New version includes all latest commits.
I bet that's incompatible. Noooooooo I finished my multi-hour stashing of 10+ gunstore guns and ammo and multiple army/scientist groups just a few hours ago. It was beautifully loaded with so many bullets, biotics, flashlights, guns, and food. D:

Oh well. I'll update when my character dies I guess.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »

I bet that's incompatible. Noooooooo I finished my multi-hour stashing of 10+ gunstore guns and ammo and multiple army/scientist groups just a few hours ago. It was beautifully loaded with so many bullets, biotics, flashlights, guns, and food. D:

how do you dig and where do you usually stash your gears? Everywhere I go seems to be swarmed with zombies after 1 or 2 days

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

how do you dig and where do you usually stash your gears? Everywhere I go seems to be swarmed with zombies after 1 or 2 days
You get a shovel then use it (a) and then select where you want to dig the hole.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 30, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

where do you usually stash your gears? Everywhere I go seems to be swarmed with zombies after 1 or 2 days
I just stash them in a house. It seems to do alright.

Edit: Of course, now it's getting swarmed. Heh.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 30, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »

I had a closer look at wikia itself. Aparently the reason the http://cataclysm.wikia.com/ is still around 4 years after its inital creation is that wikia never deletes a created wiki, as it keeps the page score up and hence advertising money coming in. For this reason, namly that it might keep information it dont own as its own I think another wiki site should be used.

or we can accept their way and basically take over the http://cataclysm.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page wiki for our own use. Someone can apply for admin and then it would be ours.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:24:47 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 30, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

Katana... is deadly. Very overpowered.
well it get's stuck ted often but what's the point, I just one hit kill everything.
Just remember to grind unarmed in case you meet something you cannot one hit,
otherwise there's a high chance it'd get stuck in.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:55 pm »

I just had an error with the windows version (not the latest, but second latest) while reading in bed. Thankfully, it has some text:

*NPC name* chose action Follow player.
*NPC name*: Target = -1, danger = 0
address_needs Undecided
address_player Follow player
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 777