Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1297570 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2011, 09:12:56 pm »

He usually dies pretty fast, so don't worry about him.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »

So how useful is that dog in the beginning? I accidentally quick traveled and now he is gone :(
How do you quick-travel? Do you mean holding down the arrow buttons?

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »

So I just got confronted by a Shocker Zombie, a Spitter, A Shrieker, A Brute, and a couple of normal Zeds. At once. At night. Without any source of light. Armed with a wooden spear.

I sticked the spear on the shocker, but it got stuck (of course). So I proceeded to snort all the cocaine I had and ran the fuck off while starting fires.
I managed to escape only to be weakened by the drug withdrawal and mauled by fast zombies.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 09:22:43 pm »

So how useful is that dog in the beginning? I accidentally quick traveled and now he is gone :(
Press M, move your cursor to where you want to travel, then hit enter.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 10:03:58 pm »

What types of buildings do you guys usually use as safehouses?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

I personally like the ones with few windows and only 1-2 doors. But most of the time I just roam around.

Also, while trying to get the hell out of town, I came across some be hives. At first I thought "Pffft, bee's? What are they going to do sting me?", then five giant fucking bee's came out of nowhere.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »

Passed the tutorial, now I'm making my own character.  Do you guys tend to put points into stats or into perks?  Also which of the bad perks aren't really too bad?
The tutorial has an end other than blowing up the wall and escaping?

Passed the tutorial, now I'm making my own character.  Do you guys tend to put points into stats or into perks?  Also which of the bad perks aren't really too bad?
I put my points into stats/skills. A good starting character would be on with good strength, since melee weapons are easy to find and you'll be able to carry alot. I suppose Vegetarian isn't that big of a deal, there's plenty of vegetables around town. Heavy sleeper also isn't bad as long as you have traps to protect you.
Veggies go bad after a couple days. Haven't gotten that far with a vegetarian, but I imagine it would be a huge pain after the expiration of the fruits and veggies.

The ones (houses) with a basement, or rooms with no windows. Stores are bad as there are tons of windows to get broken into, and few doors to escape (all the windows are on the same side typically). The ones with a closet type area might be alright though.

EDIT:
Press M, move your cursor to where you want to travel, then hit enter.
Alternatively, press ! (for run mode), and hold down the direction you wish to go (can't say arrows, I use vi keys). MUCH faster than selecting where to go, yet still relatively safe (you stop BEFORE any monsters are even on the screen, as soon as you can sense them).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:35:50 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2011, 12:41:04 am »

Just got reading through all of this thread's pages and got a question; how active is the development behind this game? This is looking like a spectacular game even if it's in the infant stages. Kudos to the one who found this diamond in the rough.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2011, 12:42:21 am »

Just got reading through all of this thread's pages and got a question; how active is the development behind this game? This is looking like a spectacular game even if it's in the infant stages. Kudos to the one who found this diamond in the rough.
Well the creators blog is dead, but its open source so people update it every day for bugfixes.
Welcome to Reality.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:13 am »

Well the creators blog is dead, but its open source so people update it every day for bugfixes.
How do we know when there's been an update to the game?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:58 am »

'Tis a shame. It's quite good, and provides that sort of "Just me against the world" kind of feeling that alot of games (especially zombie survival games) don't have nowadays.

Has anyone managed to make robots yet?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2011, 12:49:37 am »

How do we know when there's been an update to the game?
I have no idea, all I know is that its opensource, and that the creator's blog is dead. You can still try emailing him though.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:40 am »

The creator is still alive, at least in the IRC on Roguebasin. I think he still updates but doesn't update the blog, as far as I can tell. And any updates would probably be on the same link as the first post (it's a git repository).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2011, 01:08:08 am »

Dem crashes, man.  :'(

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2011, 01:19:50 am »

I found out it is possible to wear multiple t-shirts to get more defence, but the downside is unless your in an extremely cold area. You are going to pass out from heatstroke.

In an unrelated note, OH GOD THE BEE'S THEY STING.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 777