Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1295688 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9780 on: June 09, 2012, 06:24:04 pm »

Hm. I know there was a download posted at some point that merged the vehicle mod, Wolfie's mod, the expanded view mod, and did some fixes. Can't remember who posted it, though. Might have been Deon?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: June 09, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

I got a pretty good first grab in - a sporting goods store had everything I needed to get, including nails (for later), some crossbow bolts (because enough tubing exists to be virtually guaranteed of making a trap) and everything else I was saying I needed. I got caught in acid drizzle, but ducked back in a house and did just fine.

I thought I could grab a reprieve in a cave, out from nowhere. I saw a bear, walked up, set a trap, then hit him twice with a bat and never took a hit. Then I went outside to find more wood, and there are zombies out of nowhere behind this cave, so I set a trap and wait for one, but there are seven, and I kill two but realize that I should just run. I get jumped by a fast zombie, which I take out using the bear trap, a skeleton, which I take out the same way, and then I grab my trap and run from the tailing zombies - right into the waiting arms of a lurking segfault. Core dump, game failed. Maybe I'll wait for a little more stability in the game.

I have to say, though, I was finally having a pretty good time - just having trouble getting a place to hole up for the night that wasn't totally covered in zombies or triffids. Thanks for all your help!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: June 09, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

The game is past segfaults.  Try and post on the whalesdev bug forum with as much detail as you can.  Whatever you've done to crash is fairly unique, I've been playing for months and only crashed like that 2-3 times.  Whales does tight code, any crash is something to take note of.

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: June 09, 2012, 10:13:55 pm »

Odd - I've been having a handful. I had one game which I saved, and then every few actions it would segfault. I'll play some more and try to get better reporting from it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:55 pm »

What OS and what version/mod?  Are you doing anything that you feel is strange or otherwise "not how someone would normally play the game"?  Or is your computer something funky?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: June 09, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »

Man, mutagens have definitely got a lot cooler. A single one gave me bat wings and turns my legs into tentacles. Wooh.

Even if neither of those are actually good, I look BADASS.

Sophia will DEVOUR YOU.

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: June 09, 2012, 10:40:30 pm »

Ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit. I have the 32-bit ncurses dev library installed. I don't remember which one the game uses, but I had to install the 32-bit libraries for something else (probably Angband). I git-cloned and made and ran with no difficulty.

I get segfaults, too, when I run the program not from its own directory (paths being relative to the environment, not to the program location), but I've been running it as intended, from inside the same directory. I cleared the save files because I wanted a fresh start. I might have managed to do something screwy at some point by starting a game and then deleting all the save files, so that's a possible culprit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: June 09, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »

I usually close the game before deleting save.  I think before when I tried that it'd crash on character creation, so now I just make a habit of closing before dabbling.  Dunno though.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: June 09, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

*Goes to sleep in a Sport Supply backroom*

*wakes up to a raging inferno between me and the only exit*

I really need to stop going to sleep during thunderstorms. Or at least have a fire extinguisher on hand if I do T_T
It's a terrible idea. And yet I keep doing it for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:46:21 pm by Kaitol »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9790 on: June 09, 2012, 11:57:39 pm »

That's why teleporters are handy. There's a chance you might appear right in the middle of the fire, but it's better than a guaranteed death.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: June 10, 2012, 01:51:52 am »

I found a car and tricked it out; forward parts had were reinforced with hard armor plates (Apparently you can even reinforce wheels), 2 2.5L engine with 3 cans, boarded out sides (I had to move the wheels a bit since zombies can apparently walk through them), and 6 trunks filled with food and ammo. It took a long while of sifting through several metal wreckages, slowly working up all the chunks necessary to make them.

After all that, I finally went And then I parked on the side of the road of the road to take a quick nap.

And then I got struck by lightning. Instantly killing me.

On a side note, you should be able to make metal tanks via metalworking, just saying.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:05:01 am by Blaze »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: June 10, 2012, 03:01:41 am »

Is the Windows version still being updated? I'm looking to get back into this somewhat painlessly.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:28 am »

Is the Windows version still being updated? I'm looking to get back into this somewhat painlessly.
Sure is, look for the darklingwolf mod on the official forums if you want cars, or Deon's mod for tiles and such.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: June 10, 2012, 05:37:38 am »

i think both mods are being sycronhised maybe updated next week or the next
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 777