Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298244 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #975 on: July 04, 2011, 11:14:39 am »

Hrm... is there something you can smash to get nails? Never seem to find any in the hardware stores.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 04, 2011, 11:17:49 am »

Deon, it already works that way. Zombie numbers are related to nearby urban density - in the deep woods, there's almost never any zombies.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 04, 2011, 11:18:45 am »

Good to know! Then I will try to hide in woods and evade bees :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 04, 2011, 11:24:25 am »

So I stepped on a landmine. That then set off three other landmines.

Be afraid. Be very afriad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 04, 2011, 11:26:13 am »

I must be really retarded, but, do you got a name of a g++ compiler or a link?...

All you have to do is install it using your package manager. Whales posted the exact command for Ubuntu. What Linux distribution are you using?
I don't haz linux...I have win7

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 04, 2011, 11:27:42 am »

I must be really retarded, but, do you got a name of a g++ compiler or a link?...

All you have to do is install it using your package manager. Whales posted the exact command for Ubuntu. What Linux distribution are you using?

Then just download the bins?
https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.5.zip
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 04, 2011, 11:38:07 am »

Then just download the bins?
https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.5.zip
Gawd...thank you, but i didn't saw the download....Many thanks!
(I guess it just proves how retarded i am...LOL :o)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:41:49 am by Darion »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 04, 2011, 11:56:38 am »

Okay, new suggestion.

Some buildings should have generators. They would usually start broken, so a good Mechanics skill would help here.
Once repaired, keeping them filled with gasoline will provide the building with electricity, powering up the lights and keeping it bright even at night-time.

Lights would dramatically increase the zombie numbers around at night, so it would be wise to board the windows before powering it up.
Also, you could use it to charge the implant batteries directly.

Such buildings with generators would be really good spots to establish a safehouse.
I'd guess buildings like Banks, Police Stations and such would be most likely to have them, though it wouldn't be too strange to have a store or a house here and there with a generator.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 04, 2011, 12:19:07 pm »

Such buildings with generators would be really good spots to establish a safehouse.

Don't be too sure about that. Noise attracts zombies. The building would probably be constantly under siege and the zombies are probably the reason the generator would be broken down when found.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 04, 2011, 12:43:32 pm »

I have just discovered the miracle of fungaloids. Oh god oh god they just never stopped coming... I got like 60 kills and I'm sure being covered in spores wasn't going to help either had I survived the onslaught. They just surrounded the entire building apparently while I was practicing my sewing skill and then AHHH ATTACKS

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 04, 2011, 12:58:02 pm »

Don't be too sure about that. Noise attracts zombies. The building would probably be constantly under siege and the zombies are probably the reason the generator would be broken down when found.

I guess so. Still, when you're a bit stronger and can handle some more zombies (probably with a field of traps), they would be quite beneficial.

Also, finally found my first lab, and holy fuck are these things large. That's why I have YET ANOTHER suggestion.
On the map, the darker Ls denote stairs down, but there are no special colors for stairs up, making me quite lost for a while.

Also, perhaps noting somewhere on the screen on what level are you, like Science Lab - L2.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if this is a bug or not, but I just had a "small laboratory" in one of those gated towns to be gen'd without any doors. It was just wall all around.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:08:09 pm by FunctionZero »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 04, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »

Grah. Just lost my most promising character so far because of an NPC's brain exploding or something. Still can't find any nails either.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 04, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »

Nails seem absurdly rare. I've been to like 3 different towns in my current game and I've seen not a single box.

I suggest they spawn more often, or possibly add them to random household goods. Since as it is you're lucky to find a single box at the current spawn rate.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 04, 2011, 01:25:55 pm »

Nails seem absurdly rare. I've been to like 3 different towns in my current game and I've seen not a single box.

I suggest they spawn more often, or possibly add them to random household goods. Since as it is you're lucky to find a single box at the current spawn rate.
Seconded. Nails really seem to be the one thing Hardware stores shoud be really overflowing with them, not tho other way around.

Just making it so that at least one pack of nails spawns at every HW store would greatly improve the situation.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:08 pm »

I honestly thing more stuff should be in most of the stores in general, truth be told. It's kind of odd, even assuming things were already looted, that there is so very little.

Oh, suggestions!

Allow woodsaws/hacksaw to be used on objects to break them more easily - for example, breaking down dressers and the like. Have them drop nail boards in addition to 2x4s, and allow the use of a hammer to remove the nails. Maybe you'll only get a couple nails per dresser, but at least there would be a way to salvage them. And screws too! Using a screwdriver on a shelf will give you screws and 2x4s.

Also, when dragging is added, objects like wagons/shopping cars should get thrown in as well. ^_^

Also, is there a way to try to grab on and pull back out weapons that have become stuck in a zombie?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:01:10 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 777