Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1295061 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7830 on: November 11, 2011, 04:12:05 am »

Makeshift crossbows with batteries that fire heated pieces of rebar would be pretty cool.

Yeah, Cataclysm definitely needs to rip off as many games as possible. Good advice!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:28 am »

I would love to see more friendly, ya'know? Maybe a simple friendly mob police (without following you like a blob/dog) with a light handgun, holed out in a police station (won't attack you unless you trigger alarm) would be great, for now... or npcs that automatically seek resources and bring them to a location, using them for traps and defence, as well as surival. Another intresting, if emotional, challange would be to have family members in your starting house, who you can feed/take care off/arm...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: November 11, 2011, 04:57:36 am »

I'd like a M72 LAW in a nuclear silo, please!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: November 11, 2011, 05:09:28 am »

I would love to see more friendly, ya'know? Maybe a simple friendly mob police (without following you like a blob/dog) with a light handgun, holed out in a police station (won't attack you unless you trigger alarm) would be great, for now... or npcs that automatically seek resources and bring them to a location, using them for traps and defence, as well as surival. Another intresting, if emotional, challange would be to have family members in your starting house, who you can feed/take care off/arm...

NPCs are currently being fixed.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: November 11, 2011, 08:21:11 am »

I've also wondered for a while about this:

are bar fridges supposed to work for some reason? or is finding unspoilt food in them a bug?

If the former: can we keep stuff from spoiling by stashing it in bars?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7835 on: November 11, 2011, 08:36:13 am »

Part of me wants to, as an experiment, make a stripped down mod for Cataclysm.  Remove 90% of items, reduce firearms to a pistol, a shotgun, an SMG, and a rifle (maybe an assault rifle too) and one ammo type for each one.  Eliminate most crafting recipes, all drugs except for a single painkiller... yeah...
So you want to make a Left 4 Dead roguelike?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: November 11, 2011, 08:39:15 am »

...it started as such, afaik
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: November 11, 2011, 08:40:48 am »

I'd love functional rope. Tie your dog to you, tie zombies to each other, make oversized tripwires and improv fences, be able to ram sticks/spears/shovels into the ground for support, create "rope pulls out nade pin" traps... the good stuff.

Electronics > make emp nade > all military bunkers are yours
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:13:40 am by ThtblovesDF »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:57 am »

I'd love functional rope. Tie your dog to you, tie zombies to each other, make oversized tripwires and improv fences, be able to ram sticks/spears/shovels into the ground for support, create "rope pulls out nade pin" traps... the good stuff.
Technically we already have grenade traps (Which use string); but yeah, fully functional items would be awesome.
Hello zombies, meet my friend, the anachronistic smash trap door.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:57:39 am by Blaze »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: November 11, 2011, 09:57:30 am »

...it started as such, afaik
I believe that was the joke.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: November 11, 2011, 10:02:26 am »

Tie your dog to you, tie zombies to each other
tie zombies to a sled....

You know, I've always wondered why people in zombie movies don't do this, instead of worrying so much about gas.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: November 11, 2011, 10:03:12 am »

Is there anything that can detect you when you're using the cloaking bionic? I managed to get it installed and it lets me walk right past military turrets. I know that giant bees can't detect (or defend from) you when you have the olfactory mask on.

You know, I've always wondered why people in zombie movies don't do this, instead of worrying so much about gas.
Gas only slims your wallet, not your lifespan.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:04:56 am by Blaze »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7842 on: November 11, 2011, 10:38:21 am »

Tie your dog to you, tie zombies to each other

I had a D&D game where instead of killing the zombies that some asshole necromancer raised we hitched them to plows and sold them to a farmer as beasts of burden who never needed feeding or care.

Knock out their teeth and cut off their arms, zombies are adorable and harmless.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:25 am »

Makeshift crossbows with batteries that fire heated pieces of rebar would be pretty cool.

Yeah, Cataclysm definitely needs to rip off as many games as possible. Good advice!
But it already ripped off Half Life 2.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: November 11, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

Well it was amusing pinning combine soldiers to walls with what basically amounted to a really fast moving blunt object.  Really I don't think the bar of rebar being so hot as to be red added much to the actual damage output besides awesome factor.

Anywho, slightly off topic I remember pressing a button a few versions ago that showed me my addiction levels?  Does that still exist?  Dosn't seem to be in the list of buttons.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 777