Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1297162 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6780 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »

Crafting is weird in some parts.
It's probably looking for 3 boxes instead of 3 charges.

Yup. I gathered 3 boxes of flour(and had my spleen eaten by wolves in the process) and it works now. I think I'm going to stick to cooking meat for now.

Wow, thats kind of weird, why would you need three BOXES of flour, to make a single loaf of bread...must be a very big loaf of bread. Also, man, we need to be able to make camp fires for at least basic cooking, I can never seem to find hotplates.

Well, it isn't intended probably. This bug is actually around for a while.
And yeah, using nearby terrain for crafting (like fires) is planned.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: October 11, 2011, 05:41:34 pm »

Can anyone tell me how, if possible, to remove a fungal infection. I'm holed up in my safehouse with more meds than an addict knows what to do with and am trying to wait out this "Fungal stalks burst through your hands" and "You spew live spores" phase.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: October 11, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »

Yeah, you need to consume Royal Jelly. It's craftable from bee honey (with sufficient Cooking skill) or found in laboratories.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:02 pm »

Bee hives tend to have both honey AND royal jelly, but you'll only find the jelly in the deeper sections of the hive.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:33 pm »

Well shit... Is there any way to prevent a fungal infection should you be forced into melee?
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

Nope. It can spread through skin contact and adult fungaloids tend to spew it out in a 3X3 square at random.

Supposedly having high levels of environmental protection on all body parts will stop it, but I have yet to try it. It probably would be both cripplingly encumbering and almost useless against other attacks.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6786 on: October 11, 2011, 06:43:41 pm »

there are bionics and mutations that will make you somewhat resistant.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:15 pm »

Is it possible to drag objects yet, without picking them up?  I can't find it anywhere in the in-game help.  I've got a zombie corpse in my house I'd like to put outside, and Shocker Zombie corpses weigh 569 units for some reason.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:09 pm »

Is it possible to drag objects yet, without picking them up?  I can't find it anywhere in the in-game help.  I've got a zombie corpse in my house I'd like to put outside, and Shocker Zombie corpses weigh 569 units for some reason.

569 is approximately 140 pounds, so not that huge.  I've improved the way that high weight affects your speed, but for now you can just butcher it first I guess.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:17 pm »

569 is approximately 140 pounds, so not that huge.  I've improved the way that high weight affects your speed, but for now you can just butcher it first I guess.

I should probably wear rubber gloves when I do.  I didn't know how the weight thing worked though, so okay.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »

I should probably wear rubber gloves when I do.  I didn't know how the weight thing worked though, so okay.

The 3 numbers next to weight are current weight/weight before encumbrance/max lift.

L0master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: October 12, 2011, 01:05:17 am »

I've got "first aid of rum (2)" in my inventory. Before I've noticed that I think I had 2 first aids and 1 bottle of rum. Trying to "E" first aid of rum results in the same effect as sipping from a bottle of rum, although when I "a" it the results are the same, thus I can no more use it as a first aid. Is it a bug or what?

Later I crafted a molotov with a bottle of rum and 2 first aids became normal again.

Also, do we have some sort of bug tracker for Cataclysm like Mantis or something?
Number of kills: 15
 dog: 1
 your mother: 14

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:13 am »

The zombie pheromone seems to be bugged in the last build. Can somebody confirm?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:37:59 am by kulik »

L0master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: October 12, 2011, 02:19:53 am »

A new torrent of questions:
1) Is it possible to unattach a silencer from a gun? by "U"nloading a gun while it's already out of ammo
2) How do I increase my attributes? (STR, INT, PER, DEX)
3) Sometimes I seem to be unable to clean smashed window frames. This usually happens when I hear sounds. I try to clean a frame and then recieve a message alerting me about a sound, and the frame is not cleaned. How do I clean a frame in such circumstances? I've noticed that cleaning a window takes 8 minutes. So probably it's not worth it if there are enemies nearby.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:32:39 am by L0master »
Number of kills: 15
 dog: 1
 your mother: 14

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: October 12, 2011, 02:27:27 am »

2) How do I increase my attributes? (STR, INT, PER, DEX)
It used to be by drinking purifiers. Not anymore, AFAIK.

I know that mutagen CAN deplete dots from attributes permanently (Not healable by purifiers!), so maybe it works both ways

(I just experienced the above. On the bright side, I got Regeneration mutation out of the deal. Not nearly as good as regeneration CBM, but hey, it's something)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 777