Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1272229 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1605 on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:21 am »

Bear Trap + Katana is a nice combo.  Throwing needs to be toned down or be based upon the weight of the item or something.  Sewing kit headshots do like 20 damage!

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 14, 2011, 01:49:20 am »

Hmm... the damage resistance of brutes and hulks is supposed to be applied *before* the headshot bonus.  This should cut .22 CB and even LR down to basically nil, or at best 20-ish damage on a headshot.
Hulks are faster than the player because, unlike most monsters, I don't want "run away" to be the easiest way of dealing with them.  It takes a hulk a long time to smash through a wall (or display rack, or fellow zombie, whatever), so it's possible for a clever player to slow a hulk down considerably and buy themselves some time, but outright fleeing one is not an option (unless you slow it down considerably by pincushioning it with multiple spears).

Just a heads up: my computer is busted and I can't afford to fix it right now, so development will be halted until I save up some money.  The all-new computer system is ready to be dropped in, and I'm excited about it!  I'll continue to use my phone to check this thread from time to time, and I encourage you all to email me with ideas, bugs, etc.  Thanks for playing!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 14, 2011, 01:51:29 am »

fire is all-powerful...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 14, 2011, 02:17:14 am »

No, pain is all powerful. I hit excruciating, and yeah. Its taken me two days with fast healing to get back to heavy pain.

Also, drop your plastic bottles, and fill up the cans and tins for water. 1 less volume, same quench amount.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I hit excruciating when I got hit by lightning inside a building.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:20:37 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 14, 2011, 02:23:01 am »

spill a lot of petrol at a petrol station, then throw a Molotov at it. I dare you.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:06 am »

spill a lot of petrol at a petrol station, then throw a Molotov at it. I dare you.
Activate a mininuke and forget to throw it. I dare you.
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:19 am »

spill a lot of petrol at a petrol station, then throw a Molotov at it set the puddle on fire with a lighter. I dare you.

Better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:24 am »

Light a shelf in a liqueur store shelf on fire with a lighter. I dare you.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:41 am »

It's a great game so far,  though I would like to see bayonets because that's the only thing I really like to put on my guns.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 14, 2011, 03:26:33 am »

spill a lot of petrol at a petrol station, then throw a Molotov at it set the puddle on fire with a lighter. I dare you.

Better.
I do this all the time. Well, depends. How much is "a lot of" petrol?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:35 am »

Better.

I cover most of the ground with it. For double points blow up one thats right next to another petrol station. Triple if you do this while being chased by zombies. Quadruple points if you set this up to be set off with a quick molotov as your standard escape contingency plan.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:40 am »

Better.

I cover most of the ground with it. For double points blow up one thats right next to another petrol station. Triple if you do this while being chased by zombies. Quadruple points if you set this up to be set off with a quick molotov as your standard escape contingency plan.
Wait, what? But this game HAS no points. What are you talking about?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:50 am »

awesomeness points. plus the explosion adds a nice amount to your kill tally when you die.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 14, 2011, 09:30:49 am »

how many times i must dig to make a deep hole???

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:45 am »

NOOOO!!! My awesome character, who just got mutated into having claws and scales, while having a reinforced chest was blown up by a landmine! If you take the Animal Empathy perk thingy then STAY AWAY FROM LANDMINES! The little critters like to walk into the damn things.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 777