Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1293884 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10980 on: July 29, 2012, 10:23:18 am »

Maybe the contamination was very oily?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

So, my only weapon is a shovel, and the zombies are leaving me alone. They barely even bother investigating when I throw something.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #10982 on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »

Been getting back into the game lately. Lots of nice changes since I last played.

I've been playing it lately on Ubuntu Live on my little 2 gig flash drive set for persistence. Any new versions I can just pull, make, and play. It's a convenient way to bring Cataclysm with me. The other day I popped it into my friend's laptop and was playing. At first he was interested in what game I was playing, then he started wondering wth I did to his computer when he noticed the Ubuntu desktop ;D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: July 29, 2012, 01:39:20 pm »

Been getting back into the game lately. Lots of nice changes since I last played.

I've been playing it lately on Ubuntu Live on my little 2 gig flash drive set for persistence. Any new versions I can just pull, make, and play. It's a convenient way to bring Cataclysm with me. The other day I popped it into my friend's laptop and was playing. At first he was interested in what game I was playing, then he started wondering wth I did to his computer when he noticed the Ubuntu desktop ;D
That's when you are supposed to turn to him and ask: "Oh; you didn't need anything on that Windows install, did you?" :D

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: July 29, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

Putting to my armoured bike to the test, it seems that "solid rock" walls don't present much of an obstacle. Not much use on the surface, but underground...

Of course, using a vehicle to explore the underworld would be both time consuming and highly impractical, not to mention the difficulty of refuelling. But are those reasons enough not to try?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: July 29, 2012, 02:56:22 pm »

Shit man, just get it running on plutonium. Any time you need fuel, go crash into a lab and look for some teleporters to unload. No need to ever go above ground again.

Pity you can't attach a drill to the front of a vehicle and be able to properly travel underground... hey modders....

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

You'd be best posting that in the modding subforum. Darkling Wolf already added that in a test version of his mod.
*Hugs*

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: July 29, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

I think I'm just gonna give myself a weapon of awesomeness to bust out with. Then ride out in a quad bike.

EDIT: Gave myself dynamite. Busted through wall. Epic battle with zombies. Textbooks are surprisingly not good throwing weapons. The was a guy helping. I didn't see him untill the horde was dead, as a corpse outside. Wandered around for a while. Now I've got a H&K UMP45++++ (bayonette, silencer, extended clip, improved grip) and I just cleared out two hospitals.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:12:17 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #10988 on: July 30, 2012, 08:32:26 pm »

NPCs can be a pain.

I started a new char, picked up a broadsword from a pawn shop. I killed the beginning NPC's zombie mom for him, then got him to teach me dodge up a ways and follow me around for a bit. He was unarmed, and died to the first group of zombies we encountered. I was slaughtering zombies thanks to the broadsword, even took down a brute that came after me.

Bit later I encountered another npc, this one armed with a FN FAL battle rifle and lots of ammo for it. He taught me some melee skill, and together we were kicking zombie ass. He mowed down numerous zombies, including several brutes and a few necromancers, with ease.

Then the first crazy NPC behavior kicked in. We got swarmed by zombies (just regular ones, but a horde of them) and he soon ran out of ammo for his gun and was having trouble. I ordered him to ignore them and ran into a store, and then the two of us proceeding to play whack-a-zombie through the window. Part way through that my char dropped his broadsword, and the npc instantly went "I want that!" and grabbed it and wouldn't give or trade it back. I just let him finish off the rest, since I was then unarmed. After that was done we hit some gun stores and restocked his ammo when we went by a gun store that had a bunch of .308 ammo (but he still wouldn't trade me my broadsword back). We raided various stores and picked up some more gear, and I eventually found another broadsword at another pawn shop.

Then I was just out walking and discovered a rather fatal flaw in the NPC AI. I walked around a corner, the NPC right behind me, and walked right into a standard zombie with the NPC moving right behind me. It wasn't a threat, so I proceeded to whack it with my broadsword. Then the NPC decided it was a good idea to unload a ten round burst from his rifle at the zombie's direction with me standing in between him and the zombie. Ten rounds of 7.62x51mm right in my back, I did not survive.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: July 30, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »

AHAHAHAHAH.

I prefer to think of it as he was building a broadsword collection and was secretly jealous of you.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: July 30, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

Obviously.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: July 30, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »

He was planning on slicing you in half while you slept. But then the chance to simply gun you down came and he took it.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:50 am »

Had an npc spawn with lit dynamite in his inventory, guy was apparently also a ninja or something, didnt use weapons, the problem was when shit hit the fan he would pull out the dynamite, when it went off it would crash the game, every time I started a new char on that world, this guy would turn up following me with his damn ripaholeinthespacetimefabric dynamite.  Strangely I found him to be one of the most fun NPCs ive come across.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: July 31, 2012, 06:16:40 am »

started playing again recently, never got past the first zombie horde...anyways, I started a new character and proceded to ignore the starting NPC, and went out to explore.  There was an eye that had it REALLY in for me.  He followed me halfway across the map...but I'll explain what happened with him later.  I got around him, and then ran into a kreck, who proceded to follow me around endlessly, but he seemed fine enough to keep his distance for the most part.

I then found an army surplus and raided it for supplies, and then I noticed the eye was staring at me from off my screen.  It followed me for about 3 or 4 miles.  I continued to ignore it, having no weapons, and then was found by a zombie horde.  The horde descended, and I just found one of the features I heard was added in, a motorcycle.  The instant I got on and started it up, the eye blinded me, and I proceeded to go downhill blind while a horde proceeded to try to follow.  I managed to keep control of it, however I did manage to crash into the side of a building trying to figure out how to turn...

After almost dying from smashing into the side of the building, I got back on the motorcycle, waved goodbye to the zombies, and went full speed ahead into a new horizon...well I would of if I didn't run straight into a bunch of traps on the road, which destroyed my bike and gave the zombies enough time to come and chew my face off.

the characters I used after that were all followed by the exact same eye that I was dealing with every time, and eventually I decided to stop playing for a bit since it always tag teamed with the horde to kill me.  Any tips for surviving the starting waves of zombies and/or enemies?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: July 31, 2012, 06:20:45 am »

Then I was just out walking and discovered a rather fatal flaw in the NPC AI. I walked around a corner, the NPC right behind me, and walked right into a standard zombie with the NPC moving right behind me. It wasn't a threat, so I proceeded to whack it with my broadsword. Then the NPC decided it was a good idea to unload a ten round burst from his rifle at the zombie's direction with me standing in between him and the zombie. Ten rounds of 7.62x51mm right in my back, I did not survive.

Totally a Fallout reference.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 777