Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: The Story of Steelbeard (epic succession, .25)  (Read 12400 times)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile

I can do good pencil drawings and decent MS paint art.

Those would be an excellent supplement to your updates.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okies here's a bit I just uploaded for a gnomes adventure on the roleplaying forum

Yup I know sprint (the ostrich) is crap and the background I didn't do myself but otherwise could I do anything for this thread?  :D Just ask me what to draw if you want me too...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just draw when you feel inspired.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

They would take a while, and my already slow playing would be slowed further.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They would take a while, and my already slow playing would be slowed further.
All right then. If you feel overwhelmed, feel free to end your turn early, by the way.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. I'll get as much as I can done on Monday and then spend the rest of the time writing/drawing. I'll try to get to winter or so.

Also, would you prefer dead elves or rich ones?

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's all your decision.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good on ya.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

i'd love to play!!! sign me up!

EDIT x2:  I'm bloody stupid XD sorry bout that
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:32:15 am by Ifeno »
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'd love to play!!! sign me up!

You're on.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

sweet!  i'll dorf myself when it's my turn if that's alright ;)...if not...do we have a list of existing dwarves?  Also, what turn are we on?  Sorry for all the questions ;)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

23rd Slate

I have noted that many dwarves keep telling me to get out of their bedroom even though I'm on the other side of the door. Currently I'm trying to explain to them that a bedroom should only extend to the confines of the room but they're adamant about the size.

Consequently, I have decreed that all bedrooms end at the door of the room since my colleagues are apparantly too stupid to figure that out.

Also, I have noted the lack of defenses and decreed a moat to be dug out at the entrance.

26th Slate

Kadol, the fish dissector that started acting weird, has completed what he calls The Decline of Depths. It is a copper figurine, and promptly after completion he fainted. Soon, however, before our idlers brought him to the hospital, he got up, and then resumed work as usual.

Apparently he has been possessed, and this copper figurine was made to contain the spirit. I'm considering to smash the thing to bits to prevent the spirit from taking more valuable stuff to make tributes.

1st Felsite

Due to our absurd amounts of tetrahedrite I have told the smelters to get on with it and make silver bars. Our hammerdwarves will soon have high-quality hammers. The rest will be traded away to the mountainhomes so they too can make good hammers.

13th Felsite

Everything's going well, tower's second level is done-

A large ink stain follows this entry

A cave crocodile is inside our cave passageway! I knew we should have walled that up! I'm sending in the milita in a do-or-die effort, hopefully we don't have any civilian deaths...

Damn, it got to our craftsdwarf! Our units are doing everything they can but the crocodile isn't letting go of the tanner!

...And our tanner's dead. However, the crocodile is also wounded and our military is there to fight. The crocodile is running into one of our exploratory shafts, its going to die.

And the elves time their arrival perfectly so we have to deal with them AND the crocodile at the same time. Bastards.

Our goremaster has killed the crocodile, with help from one of our axedwarves and a wrestler. Hopefully nobody mourns the death of the tanner too much, we have more things to deal with as of now.

17th Felsite

Damn, another death. Apparantly another tanner had walled himself outside the cave walls and starved.

I'm hauling goods to the trade depot as I write, hopefully the elves will take some of these useless mugs.

19th Felsite

An ambush! This will stop our trading deals with the elves. I haven't even finished the moat yet!

21st Felsite

It's been a tough few days fighting. We took out the goblin archer squad and are now retreating. I know there will be another attack, but one of our squads is badly wounded and some guys are thirsty. I'm keeping my squad at the entrance in case of emergency.

Doctors, it is time. Their lives are in your hands.

22nd Felsite

I was right. A squad of hammergoblins have arrived. Since our moat is pretty much complete we're going to stay inside and let our sole marksdwarf take them out.

...Armok damn these goblins! Snatchers AND squads at the same carping time!

The goremaster has been sent with his squad to take care of these guys. I fear for the life of Tryrar as he has engaged the whole squad and a lasher before his squad can get there.

25th Felsite

The goblin hammer/lasher squad has retreated! We're moving back into the fortress walls. You never know how many squads there are going to be.

27th Felsite

The last snatcher has left but now a giant jaguar is terrorizing our haulers. Again, I have dispatched the Crystalline Beaks to take care of it.

Since I'm resting my injuries, I have allowed anyone to trade. It's not as if they're going to fail at it, right?

28th Felsite

Apparently I'm wrong. The traders left in a huff of anger after our diagnostician tried to trade them a bin full of olm men bone earrings. Not that I care.

Also, we now have jaguar meat. Tastes good, according to my colleagues.

Overall report:
Half the milita injured/hospitalized, including me.
The better-trained half is not. Tryrar the Goremaster wasn't hit at all during the whole thing.

OOC: I suggest the next overseer should give him steel stuff. With his invincibility, we'll win every attack.

20th Hematite

I had just been released by the doctor when I collapsed on the floor in front of the liason. I also have just noted that my right hand is gone.

By Armok, the stupidity must be spreading.

21nd Hematite

22th Hematite

23th Hematite

24th Hematite

...- MIGRANTS?

Haulers, all of you. I don't care what skills you have. Just dump this stone.

7th Malachite

Armok damn you haulers. Why do you drop off ALL THE EFFING WOOD next to the WALL THAT BLOCKS YOU FROM ENTERING from the moat?

10th Malachite

A forgotten beast you say? Made out of salt?

How did you happen to see this beast? You didn't see the beast? Then how did you know what it was made out of?

You have a sixth sense? Well, damn your sixth sense and go back to work. I'm not going to open up the caves for you and definitely not for your goddamn beast. If you want to make friends with it go wall yourself in, instead of opening up the gates of the afterlife for the rest of us.

9th Malachite

A snatcher you say? On the surface?

You're a goddamn farmer. Stay underground and you won't see these things. Don't complain to me if you see them on the surface.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

...Am I dead or something? Because noone talks about me. Did I die to the ambush a few pages back?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12