Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X3  (Read 4043 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: X3
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:31:51 pm »

So after looking up X-Tended... I have to say I'm intrested. Only I would like to be able to switch back to vanilla if I wanted to without re-installing... Any way I can install it like that around? I admit I haven't looked around as much as I could but I figure this would be just as good a place to ask as any.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 11:23:32 am »

who goes by the name CaffeineRage on the Steam forum? I noticed someone on the X3 forum there talking about DF and got curious.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 03:36:05 pm »

This game is hard to start in, especially with the buster dude.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 05:04:14 pm »

This game is hard to start in, especially with the buster dude.

Grab that cheat mode package? i dont know but the starting is what i prefer :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »

I've just played vanilla so far, but out of curiosity what kind of things does X-tended do? I don't think I'm going to mod my game for a while still but It seems to be the big name mod of sorts.

A lot of stuff.

Man I hate that site, I hate it with all my soul. You know the image macro "Canned Hate"? I have a truck full of that reserved for LMGTFY. A big truck.

On a better note, because of this thread I'll probably be getting back into TC
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 07:04:19 pm »

Whee, the thread resurrected itself when I got back from camp. In other news, I've learned that projectile speed is extremely valuable in a weapon.

Also, I'm doing the terran plot, which involves going into Split space. I can't get into there from Argon space except by going through a Xenon sector- which means I can only get there in an M5, and can't handle some of the plot-associated bad guys. Is there a better route/protip for getting through Xenon space at 160 M/S?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 03:14:19 am »

You can find a map of all sectors here,which will tell you a workaround path that doesn't go through Argon space.  If you want to brave it, you might be able to catch an Argon fleet moving through there that you can tag along with.  I don't remember catching too much grief from the natives the one time I've been through a Xenon area, but it was a different sector.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 09:46:08 am »

Going through Xenon space isn't too bad as long as there isn't an M1/M2 camping the gate.  As soon as you enter the sector, head straight up or down along the Z-axis for about 10-20km.  Then head for the gate on the other side staying flat along the Z.  Once you are directly above or below the gate make a b-line for it.  A Teladi Kestrel is ideal for this job since it is faster.  Once you have the other side explored you can use a jump drive to skip the xenon sectors.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 11:22:21 am »

I don't know if it's still this was in TC, as I've avoided any seriously one sided battles so far, but I learned in X2 and X3 the AI had a really hard time leading it's shots if you kept changing direction. In fact, except for extremely high amounts of firepower being thrown at you from several capital ships, a simple barrel roll will suffice most of the time as long as you're running away from them.

Barrel roll being especially easy to do with lateral thrust. just roll and thrust sideways in opposite directions. Maybe occasionally change directions a bit, but carefully, as that can lead you back into shots you might have otherwise dodged.

Again, be careful though. Enough firepower thrown at you, and a few shots are going to hit. Enough of those get through, especially from capital ship guns, and well, you're dead.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 11:57:38 am »

Yeah, at my local Xenon venue there's usually some frigates camping the gates. It's kind of funny to watch merchants (try to) go through, actually.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 01:40:46 pm »

Get an M7M and use the weapon cloning trick for yer missiles, and combat will never be a problem again. Just make sure you get a Jumpdrive on it.

Gods I love my Cobra.  :D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 01:49:57 pm »

Yeah, that's still gonna be a while. I still have never had an opportunity to purchase a jumpdrive (starting to hate traveling, I might add), have a wheat farm in Black Hole Sun but haven't got my traders with find-best software (because I'm worried they'll get killed by pirates if I don't accompany them on the godawful slow journey to PTNI space), still haven't explored more than maybe a quarter of the universe, still have the M4 fighter I started out with as my most powerful ship, and haven't had more than 2 million credits at a time.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »

A jumpdrive is always your #1 Item to buy, go down to the Terracorp HQ in Home of Light to get one. Wheat farms aren't exactly the best for profit though man, if you have a save before you put that thing up, I suggest you load it and instead invest in a Space Weed or Space Fuel complex somewhere in 'Neutral' territory. Elysium of Light is a good spot.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 11:24:23 am »

A jumpdrive is always your #1 Item to buy, go down to the Terracorp HQ in Home of Light to get one. Wheat farms aren't exactly the best for profit though man, if you have a save before you put that thing up, I suggest you load it and instead invest in a Space Weed or Space Fuel complex somewhere in 'Neutral' territory. Elysium of Light is a good spot.
QFT.

Jumpdrives are awesome.  Makes travel much easier.  Makes your traders far more profitable.

And both Space Weed and Space Fuel are ridiculously profitable.  Set up a self-sustaining Space Weed complex (or two) and you'll never run out of money again.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 02:08:57 pm »

Damn, home of light is far away. I just finished fighting the giant carrier in the Terran plot, I'll have to take an M5 (I found an enhanced Jaguar, definitely my new commuter) over there... even so it'll be a while.
Pages: 1 [2] 3